Chairman Game - The Championship

View attachment 21592

Birmingham City make summer transfer moves

In a summer that was meant to see the club sell to try and balance the books, Birmingham have announced that they have brought in 4 new faces to the club and had no first team players leave. While no one actually left the club during the summer, there was talk between clubs for the sales of Wes Harding, Jota and Che Adams although a final deal could not be agreed for any of them.

Didier Ndong and Papy Djilobodji both join the club on free transfers after finishing their times at Sunderland. While they haven’t had the best success up north, I am hoping that they can become great players for the club under the leadership of Garry Monk.

We also signed Divock Origi and Carles Alena on loan from Liverpool and Barcelona respectively. They have both played for much bigger clubs then us and I hope that they can bring some star quality to our squad.

WEST BROM CAST AN EYE ON THE FUTURE

View attachment 1195651West Brom Albion Chairman Savan Shah issued a detailed statement today about his time at the club so far as his club sits 7th on the tables just outside the playoff spots. Shah, an avid football fan, is trying to integrate himself with the club and culture while trying to imbibe his own values on the club. Here's what he said:

My fellow fans, it is a great honour for me as I write this to you as your Chairman. I must admit, even after 6 months, there is a hint of disbelief that I sit here as a Chairman of a football club. I have been a football fan for the longest time I can remember, like most Indian football fans, I started my journey with Manchester United and later started watching other football including other teams and other leagues. I always dreamt that one day when I had more money and less sense, I will indulge myself and buy a football club. When Blackburn was taken over by an Indian, that feeling intensified and I couldn't stop myself when the opportunity arrived before me to purchase West Brom Albion.

WBA has a different and special memory for me as well. I developed a feeling of love as well as a bit of disgruntlement I must admit when I saw the club ruin the career finale of Sir Alex Ferguson but then as he would have said Football ****** **** eh! It has been an interesting 6 months. I took over after we had been relegated from the Premier League and we are expected to bounce right back. We are one of the richest clubs in the division and we have no debts and I aim to keep it that way. But I also want to follow a process and I am more interested in the all-round development of the club in a holistic way. Football is not just a game for me, it is much more. We live with the club, the players, the results. We cry on winning and losing, we feel anger on a terrible performance and joy on a good one. Our mood improves when our team plays well, we feel pride when our players do something good. So I am sure you will agree that football is much more than a game and for me, this club is much more than an investment. I will get to the football side of the things soon so bear with me till then. I hope you accept me not as a chairman but as a fan, who like you, wants the best for the club. And I hope like me, you also see the process that I and everyone else at the club are trying to implement. With that said, let's get to business, shall we?

Transfers: Much business had been conducted by the time I had joined the club and there were many decisions I disagreed with. I discussed with the league administrator about various loan contracts and if the same could be reversed but I found no respite there and hence the club and I decided that we need to develop a methodical approach to transfers rather than splash the cash at least until we know where the club is and where we are heading with it. That's why we resorted to certain short term fixes along with long-term signings as a bid to develop our future.

We relied on our scouts' knowledge, input from our manager as well as our vision for the club and we signed certain players. I would like to explain our understanding behind the same and what we have learned in the six months.

1. Robert Huth: Experience, ability and depth. This is what we signed him up for. A Premier League winner, has played in England for many years, came without a huge fee and he has roughed it out as well. Our defence was also crying for more depth and leadership and he seemed perfect for the role. He has been an able performer till now but I would certainly like him to be a better guide and mentor to this side as we look to achieve promotion at the very least.

2. Dimitar Berbatov: The ex-United player is still not past it and he has shown it. We needed better depth and experience up front and the Bulgarian has responded to it by scoring seven goals. Like Huth, I expect him to be our guiding light in the second half of the season.

3. Assane Gnoukouri: The ex-Inter midfielder has tremendous potential. He will add more depth to our midfield and he also has the ability to grind it out at this level. Unfortunately, Mr Moore didn't rate him much but I hope our new Manager will give him a chance in the coming months as I have high hopes from this young man.

4. Jesus Vallejo & Mason Holgate - The young lads are phenomenal talents and albeit temporarily, its a mutually beneficially arrangement where they provide more versatility and depth to our defence which I think still looks a bit weak while they get a chance to develop and lay regularly and prove themselves. Vallejo and Holgate have performed well but I still expect a lot more.

5. Marin and Morilla - I must admit, their signings are a bit of self-indulgence as they are exciting prospects and I look forward to seeing them in the future. Imagine a trio of Marin, Morilla and Burke! Such excitement eh!

6. Sando Tonali - The youngster is highly rated and has slotted in comfortably in the league. Although not first choice, he is an able option for rotation and the bench and he has proven to be so. I easily expect him to be our first choice for years to come.

Our summer signings have mostly performed well and I have been happy with them. I won't comment on specific requests by the manager as those are his forte. The signings where the committee had taken a decision have performed well but I still see the scope of improvement in the defence but I think Mr Johnson will see to it which of course brings me to him

Manager -
We started our season with Mr Moore and my main problem with him was inconsistency and our porousness. I stuck with him till I could but then I felt we needed direction and consistency and hence Mr Johnson was hired from Bristol City where has done a brilliant job. I fully expect him to lead us to the Premier League and bring a direction to the club which it seemed to lack on the pitch. He will be backed on the field and off it in the transfer window if he feels the need for that! I won't comment on Mr Moore's tenure and Lee has just arrived, so I look forward to what he brings to the club and on the field.

Performances - I have rejoiced with you and screamed in frustration at our inconsistency and immaturity especially at the start of the season which sees us outside the playoff spots but I fully expect the club to achieve promotion which is the very least for a club with our ambition! We have been good going forward but porous at the back and I have spoken at length with Lee about it using my knowledge of Football Manager. I expect our club to play good football and win matches. Sometimes we grind it out and sometimes we play them off the park, both are necessary. I just want to see the passion for the club. The players and manager both are desperate to show that to us!

On this note, I would like to bid adieu and thank you for listening to me ramble! I am firmly behind the club and our vision is to see the club lift the Premier League trophy once more one day. Please join me in this vision as we cast an eye towards the future. It will take patience and determination and hard work to achieve that. I firmly believe we have what it takes and I know you do too! So let's join our forces and get back behind our players and managers as we look to progress and bring in a new era of success.

Yours in service,
Savan Shah

Good to see us overachieving and in the play-off places! It doesn’t seem like Berahino is doing much since signing, but Brereton is doing fine. Good stuff so far from the lads.

View attachment 21548

Done Deals!

View attachment 21550
Villa Conclude Transfer Activity and Boss is happy

Aston Villa is happy to advise that it has successfully come to terms with 5 new additions before the close of the 2018 Summer Transfer window. Gaffer Dean Smith was quite complimentary of the work put in by new Chairman Divine Starlight Bliss. "Its funny, he is nuts, but at the same time he gets people. We sat down - on the floor - of his office earlier in the year, sipped green tea and he laid out his plans for this club. He wants to use Villa to change the world. How couldn't anyone want to get behind that message??"

"He also made it clear that this year was a year where he wanted to start to lay some foundations for building to the next level. Then he wanted my advice of what the squad was lacking. I told him it was really lacking in left defensive players, a quality central defender and some additional youth wouldn't go astray and, to his credit, he delivered."

In comes Martin Olsson and Federico Ricca, a mix of youth and experience to battle it out for the Left Back spot. Serdar Tasci is a player of undoubted quality, having represented Germany, and will provide steel and leadership at the heart of the defence and in Gil Santos and Ryan Gravenberch the club has obtain talents who, over time, will help drive this club forward.

For his part, our very own leader, owner and guru, Divine Starlight Bliss chose to thank the universe instead of taking any credit. "None of this is possible through my works alone. I spoke with Dean, listened to mother Earth and saw the possibilities. The deal that brings me greatest joy is the one we were about to conclude with my new friend, matthow and Swansea - I can see that deal working out well for both parties." For his part, Divine Starlight Bliss is, day by day, becoming more and more Villa...

View attachment 21549

BCFC Mid-Season Update

League

The league has been good so far with the team looking strong and capable of scoring against anyone in the league. We have however looked weaker at the back and have conceded far too many. This will definitely be an issue I will be looking to try and solve in January if I am able to raise the funds to do so. The highlight definitely has to be the 2-1 win over rivals Aston Villa. They may be running away with the league but at the moment we have the local pride.

Cup

In the Carabao Cup we got to the 3rd​ round where we then lost 3-0 to Millwall. I was disappointed when I first saw the result but after seeing that we had a man sent off after just 9 minutes I can excuse the team there. Garry Monk also decided to use the cup to give some of the youngsters some game time so I am hoping to see some development in the youth teams.

Transfer List

GK – Tomasz Kuszczak – Free to anyone who needs a solid experience keeper
GK – Lee Camp - £100k
GK – David Stockdale - £750k
CB – Harlee Dean - £4mil
CB – Michael Morrison - £1mil
RW – Jota - £7.5mil – 3rd​ highest number of assists in the league
CM – Craig Gardner - £500k
CM – David Davis - £2.5mil
CM – Maikel Kieftenbeld - £5mil
ST – Lukas Jutkiewicz - £5mil – He has 8 goals in 15 and an average rating of 7.12 but is apparently no longer wanted by Garry Monk.
RW/ST – Che Adams - £10mil
If you are interested in anyone but can not afford the price then get in touch and we can discuss a deal that can involve players instead.

Jota looks a bargain at 7.5 million....if I had the dosh I'd buy him myself!!

Jota looks a bargain at 7.5 million....if I had the dosh I'd buy him myself!!

I think so too but there is a lack of money in the Championship. Unless Middlesbrough or West Brom are interested, I can't see him going anywhere.

Unless of course someone can come in with a deal that involves players coming the over way.

QPR: GERVAIS TAKES BACK SEAT TO PORTER

In breaking news, Ricky Gervais will now take a back seat role in the consortium at the club, as Daniel Porter takes over as the lead man. The change we hear has come due to the failure of the humour and professionalism policy being attempted by Gervais.

Porter announced that whilst board movements had to be made, little in regards to management and transfer policy would change. The belief is still that youth is the way to go, but newly hired manager Francesco Guidolin has earned the right to shape the team in his image, with the Holloway era full of misplaced nostalgia.
With finances showing the club in the red, Porter has announced that any serious offers for players will be considered. The wage bill is too high for the club, and they will look at moving on the high earners, replacing them with players on more reasonable wages and with more potential.
In terms of goals for the team, the board have announced that relegation will not affect future plans, and that there are plans in place for every eventuality. The hope is that the club can stabilise and stay up.

TRANSFER LIST

WBA announces their revised transfer list for the January Window with the club further stating that they are open to negotiating offers for any other players as well if a reasonable offer either for sale/exchange is received by them.

Ahmed Hegazi - DC - 7 Mn
Hal Robson Kanu - AM (L) - 4 Mn
Bakary Sako - AM (L) - 1 Mn

The club is also looking for defensive reinforcements especially at the full back positions and is open to any player in that position becoming available.

Stoke Transfer List
Updated Mon 2200

AT B Afobe £7m
DC Ryan Shawcross £6m
MC O Etebo £6m
MR Tom Ince £6m
DC Philipp Wolscheid £2m
Discount or even combine all 6 player bellow for £3m!, Buy a player above and one of these can go for freeGK A Federici £1m
MC D Fletcher £1m
MC S Clucas £1m
AT Peter Crouch £1m
MRL I Afelly £1m

Swaps, Discounts on combined deals and anything else that springs to mind will be considered to get some deals done!

For Loan
MRLC Callum Hudson Odoi
DL J Tymon

Will get a proper post about transfer and the season so far done tonight once i can throw the hooligans to bed!

Last edited:
View attachment 21492
THEY MIGHT BE FLYING HIGH, BUT ARE TOUGH TIMES AHEAD FOR VILLA?

Word coming out of Villa Park is that the closed for business sign has been hung in the door for the upcoming transfer window. Despite their good form, it is understood that Aston Villa find themselves in a position where their wage budget is too high. Dean Smith, when approached for comment said, 'look, our finances are ok for now. You also have to remember that we have almost £200,000 per week worth of contracts expiring at the end of this season and around £200,000 per month of loan fees on top of that that wont apply and we will be likely looking at internal options to fill those spots when the time comes.

Owner Divine Starlight Bliss, in his own enigmatic way, put a positive spin on things. 'money is like sands through the hour glass, these are the days of our lives....'

Like this reporter has always maintained, he's nuts.

Last edited:
Bees

hiMt0H2j_400x400.jpg

Steady If Unspectacular From Brentford

It's been a first half of the season full of ups and downs for the Bees. We kicked off the campaign with 4 points from our opening 2 games, before going on a 3 game losing streak to leave us languishing near the bottom of the table and having failed to score in our last 3 matches! The pressure was on manager Thomas Frank early on and September continued to produce inconsistent results with a great victory over Middlesbrough marred by an under par performance and defeat to Bolton!

It looked like Frank was turning things around as he took us the whole month of September undefeated, only for November to be a terrible month offering up only 1 win and 1 single goal in 4 games! With attacking football being demanded from the Bees board, the lack of goals scored was becoming a real concern and by December 1st, Frank's time was up and he was relieved from his position! The man that has come in is ex Leeds United manager Marcelo Bielsa, who has so far managed to win 2 of his opening 4 games but more importantly has got 5 goals out of the team in those games! Bees chairman TheNotSoSpecialOne is said to have demanded goals from his new manager and if he doesn't produce the goods, he too is likely to be out of a job in the Summer!

With half the season gone, Brentford sit in a comfortable mid table position with no real fears of being drawn into a relegation battle. However, it's a disappointing campaign baring in mind the club had aspirations at the start of the season to push for a playoff spot!

On a plus point, Summer signing Viktor Fischer has quickly found his feet in England and has been one of the club's best players so far this year, scoring 7 goals and grabbing 3 assists with an average match rating of 7.08 as well! Hopefully he can drive the club further up the table over the next 20 games! 19 year old Portuguese midfielder, Florentino Luis has also proved to be a solid signing for the Bees and has featured in nearly every game this season despite his young age and looks a hot prospect for the future!

On the financial side, Brentford find themselves nearly £4 million in debt and the club are keen to offload some players in the window, so the following have been made available...

Chris Mepham (one of the best centre backs in the league) - £16 million
Giuseppe Rossi - ST - £500k
Josh McEachran - DM/MC - £250k
Romaine Sawyers - AMC - £5 million
Lewis Macleod - DM/MC/AMC - £1.5 million
Emiliano Marcondes - MC/AMC/ST - £3 million

Stoke so far

Transfers
View attachment 21375
Like most teams i've looked to rebuild my squad with youngsters while also spending vast sums on some South American bargains

Vargas & Kannemann from Argentina to start from day 1

Loan stars Malcom & Drinkwater should be more than good enough at this level

Pellegri and Kean may turn into the best two striker in the game! While Fabio Silva and Callum Hudson Odoi are men for the future.

Our three free signings should play key roles in there own spots

The League
View attachment 21374
After Aston Villa's domination of the league we are right in the hunt for the final promotion spot. While unable too make many or any changes in this window we'll be frantically trying to sell players to make a few more changes to try and secure promotion at the first attempt.

Stoke Transfer List
FINAL PRICES

AT B Afobe £6m
DC Ryan Shawcross £6m
MC O Etebo £6m
MR Tom Ince £6m
DC Philipp Wolscheid £2m
MC S Clucas £1m

Players below are open to best offers
GK A Federici £500k
MC D Fletcher £
AT Peter Crouch £
MRL I Afelly £

Swaps, Discounts on combined deals and anything else that springs to mind will be considered to get some deals done!

For Loan
DL J Tymon

Last edited:
I will look to sim and get a post up tonight guys....looking to go to end of Feb tonight and then tomorrow night I will sim to end of season