Chairman Game - The Championship

View attachment 20979

BIRMINGHAM, England (AP) - Well, well, well, well. In a scene not to unfamiliar with US baseball fans, the mad cap Aston Villa owner this season stepped up to the plate, called his shot, AND HIT IT OUT OF THE PARK!!!!!!

The club has achieved every goal that Bliss set for his side in gaining promotion to the premiership and maintaining, albeit perhaps sometimes precariously, a positive bank balance. Some will rightly point to the fact that new is when the real challenge starts and both Bliss and manager Dean Smith will have their work cut out for them staying up this season.

For his part Bliss, like usual, made no sense as he tried to explain his goals for season 19/20. “Sure, Aston Villa have been a bit of a yo-yo club recently. But just like a yo-yo can go up and down, they can also be used to do mad ****. Have you ever seen anyone ‘shoot the moon’ – friggen’ awesome. That’s what we want to do.”

View attachment 20978

Let’s just hope that things go well for Villa so that Dean Smith doesn’t have more time to perfect his ‘walking the dog’ and that’s things stay interesting so that fans don’t end up giving them ‘the sleeper’.

View attachment 20977

Dean Smith, for his part, was far more understandable in explaining their proposed transfer dealings. ‘We know we don’t have a lot of funds right now, our goal will be to hold onto most of our players, attempt to attract some quality through Bosman transfers and filling squad gaps with loan players. To that end, we actually don’t have anyone on our transfer list.’

Afternoon fellas.... just over 24 hours of the transfer window left. Loads of business has been done, but this is just a little reminder to the chairman of the following clubs that I've not yet had any business from...

Birmingham
Derby
Norwich
Stoke
Swansea
Wigan

Only a polite reminder gents so that you don't miss out :)

New Sunderland Owners

624086_74f16d2d.jpg

View attachment 1196351
NEW OWNERS AT SUNDERLAND

With promotion to the championship secured, Stewart Donald and Co were looking forward to attempting a new challenge. However, an offer came in for the club that they could not refuse. They decided to sell up and the new owner of the club is...……...LIAM NEESON!

liam-neeson-premiere-the-grey-02.jpg

"With my career now looking done in the film industry, I was looking for another opportunity and after watching the Netflix documentary, I felt that I wanted to get into football and Sunderland were the perfect investment opportunity. I look forward to taking the club forward and getting this club back to the premiership where they belong."

First thing Neeson has done has confirm that Sunderland will be sticking with John Toshack as manager and see how he goes in the first half of the season. He is now in the background looking at players to bring in and has a shortlist he believes will benefit the club.

Lastly, he has decided on the players that will be not be needed by the club and are up for sale:
Lee Cattermole - £4m
Charlie Wyke - £2.5m
Donald Love - £2m
Luke O'Nein - £2m
Tom Flanagan - £1m
Grant Hall - £1m
Reece James - £1.5m
Glenn Loovens - £100k
Robin Ruiter - Free (Will not be renewing contract)

View attachment 1196351

Afternoon fellas.... just over 24 hours of the transfer window left. Loads of business has been done, but this is just a little reminder to the chairman of the following clubs that I've not yet had any business from...

Birmingham
Derby
Norwich
Stoke
Swansea
Wigan

Only a polite reminder gents so that you don't miss out :)

Hopefully have something across to you later this evening and hoping to do a season summary post.

View attachment 20891

Norwich Season 1 Review

"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more"

This was the message from chairwoman Oprah Winfrey at her end of season address.

"We have had a rough season but it had to be this way. There were calls for Ricky's head earlier in the season but i said no. We have to trust him and the plan. We have brought in good young players and aim to do so again. We want success, but that is more than trophies. That comes down to our ethics. I'd rather own a club doing business the right way than win trophies through showing a lack of care for the longevity of the club"

Oprah also hinted that she'd invest in the
squad, particularly in the search for young players to add her project. With Ricky Sbragia maintaining his contract everything is clear. Oprah will support her project until it is complete, a stubbornness which has went down well with the Norwich crowd.

She did state however that sales were needed in order to invest.

Oprah has since released her objectives for the upcoming season

League: Playoffs
FA Cup - QF
Carabao Cup - QF

-----------------------------------------------

Transfer List

All players below available at base value (Open to negotiation)

View attachment 20892

Last edited:
Just a quick question. As the save file is on 9th June, we aren't at the time of year when peoples contracts have actually expired. Can we still sign them as free transfers or do we need to buy them?

Just a quick question. As the save file is on 9th June, we aren't at the time of year when peoples contracts have actually expired. Can we still sign them as free transfers or do we need to buy them?

Players who's contracts expire within the month you can offer contracts to as EXP deals mate! I will transfer them with a move date of 1st July on a free

Players who's contracts expire within the month you can offer contracts to as EXP deals mate! I will transfer them with a move date of 1st July on a free

Perfect. That changes my transfers now. I'm hoping to send them to you soon.

View attachment 20890
BLACKBURN PROMOTED!
What a season it was for Blackburn Rovers, who under Manager of the Year Tony Mowbray, were promoted to the Premier League.The change of ownership was a key factor in changing the way the side played their football. Elliott Bennett and Ben Brereton were the attacking heroes, forming a formidable duo which ultimately guided the club to the Play-offs.

SEASON REVIEW
Blackburn started relatively as expected, sitting around the lower mid table positions. They broke into the top half and despite doing no January deals, they started picking up form around this time. The side fell out again, but regained form towards the end of the season and were duly promoted via the play-offs.

TRANSFER LIST (Any negotiation possible)
AML - Craig Conway - 20k
CDM - Corry Evans - 150k
CB - Charlie Mulgrew - 1.5m
CB - Paul Downing - 10k
CM - Jack Rodwell - 10k
CDM - Richie Smallwood - 800k
ST - Danny Graham - 5k

All players combined available for about 2m

View attachment 20876

Dodgy Di Stefano is back in football

Famous for making a mess of several football teams as well as representing pretty much every evil character in courts over the last 20 years "The Devil's Advocate" for his advocacy on behalf of such claimed clients as Saddam Hussein and Slobodan Milošević, despite NO LEGAL QUALIFICATIONS OR BEING REGISTERED TO WORK IN THE UK!

Now he's in charge of Middlesborogh

Firstly i will sack David Moyes. My dream was to appoint Maradona or Pele as manager but i guess i'll need a sane human being to counter my utter madness!

Transfer ListMC Adam Clayton £3m
MC Lewis Wing £2m
MC Hamza Choudhury £7m
MR Marvin Johnson £1m
AT R Gestede £2m

Last edited:
WIGAN PRESS RELEASE

View attachment 20846View attachment 20846
"After the expected slow start we're delighted with how the season progressed. There was never a doubt in my mind that Dirk wasn't going to implement the style and philosophy that we'd spoke about previously that had made him our number one target as manager in the first place.

Like I said I fell in love with Dutch football and I don't think it's unreasonable to say the Wigan fans have too. That's all thanks to Dirk. To finish 8th on the limited resources he did is a testament to the coach. He made every player the absolute best version of themselves and made the team greater than the sum of its parts.

We'll spend what we can to help Dirk continue with his vision and look forward to next season. We've set high standards and believe we can surpass them."

Updated Player List

Updated Player List

Hi guys, we've had some players booted from the game and some new players join at the end of season 1, so here is the updated players list for you all...

Aston Villa - Yeti01
Birmingham - bcfc1
Blackburn - WeArePalace
Brentford - TheNotSoSpecialOne
Bristol City - Kodjia Master
Derby - fmdan18 (not heard anything from you for a while mate...will need something by January window or risk being booted)
Leeds - IndiBlue
Middlesbrough - RVP20
Norwich - LiamCFC88
Nottingham Forest - NathWalker
QPR - dporter8999
Stoke - stonecold
Swansea - mathhow
Sunderland - andy_14clark
West Brom - savan21
Wigan - Dquizzy

For anyone looking to join the game, I will allow the takeover of Championship clubs or clubs promoted from League One to the Championship! You can't jump in straight at the Premier League stage or takeover a relegated club from the Prem
:)

PS....Only 4 hours of the transfer window left gentleman! I think most of you have done your business to be fair and there's some great transfers this Summer to look out for!

Last edited:
Can I Join?

Hi there, I was wondering if I could join and if so what teams are available for takeover?

Hi there, I was wondering if I could join and if so what teams are available for takeover?

Yea course you can mate....Bristol City, Hull, Ipswich, Millwall, Preston, Reading, Sheffield United still available

Let me know who you wanna be and I can give you your budget, but there is only 3 hours of the transfer window left mate