Champions League Draw Made.

juve will not win the CL they cant..i just dont think they can...my opinion and i dont want everyone to start yelling at me...they rely on del pieros free kicks..?? that wont get you anywhere. sorry juve fans. man utd-barca in the finals:)

Yeah and three in six years last one being five years ago, so its okay I don't think a liverpool, a manchester, a barça, a milan or whatever team you support has done that good in the last ten years. And of course, madrid's throphees don't count because they're old but italians, brazilians scottish and english do, give me a break. (sorry but I just can't wait for that game, we've won the last four games, including valencia and villareal and this team starts to look VERY good)

What I actually meant, you over-reacting fool, was that statistics mean little, if anything. Oh lah dee dah, Madrid won it 11 times. That's a great record, but the FACT is that 5 of them came when a lot of clubs didn't care at all about Europe, so the stats are inflated.

Yes, well done Madrid for winning it 6 times since, I'm not debating that, I'm just saying to shout from the rooftops YEAH BUT MADRID HAVE WON IT 11 TIMES is retarded because it doesn't mean anything.

Madrid last won the Champions League in 2002, and for a club the size of Madrid, that's embarrassing. THAT is what matters, nothing else.

no insults, I did overreacted I did remind all of you that in terms of palmares you're like QPR but then, di stefano, puskas, fontaine, were not players that cared about europe and are still considered amongst the best of the best of all international timesn they didn't play those CLs? And you, you win a CL by penalties and you are proud?
And sorry but teams DID care about europe, the only difference is that by then weird teams (kispet honved (if you know a little bit of football that was kubala and puskas team, you know average players), czech teams, stade de reims) were the best teams in europe and nowadays they're all third division, fourth division, that's why you say that.
In fact, stats may not mean a lot I agree, they just show the importance of the club through history, that's absolutly nothing, its meaningless I mean who cares about the status of a club?
I agrere its embarassing not having it won since seven years, and most when probs this year it will go to barça.
But, that's the downside of being a club like madrid, we aren't pleased with winning the fa cup, because we are something ABOVE. We aren't pleased with winnign the UEFA simply because our history DEMANDS it.
And I really would like you to call me fool and retarded in real life.

haha this is funny:) i just have to say that real madrid havent been playing ANYWHERE near their full potential.

Internet_argument.jpg

Sorry to oke holes in both of your arguments but Liverpool are obviously going to win the CL for the 6th time. As soon as we realise all hope of the Premiership is gone we'll focus on the CL again.

no insults, I did overreacted I did remind all of you that in terms of palmares you're like QPR but then, di stefano, puskas, fontaine, were not players that cared about europe and are still considered amongst the best of the best of all international timesn they didn't play those CLs? And you, you win a CL by penalties and you are proud?
And sorry but teams DID care about europe, the only difference is that by then weird teams (kispet honved (if you know a little bit of football that was kubala and puskas team, you know average players), czech teams, stade de reims) were the best teams in europe and nowadays they're all third division, fourth division, that's why you say that.
In fact, stats may not mean a lot I agree, they just show the importance of the club through history, that's absolutly nothing, its meaningless I mean who cares about the status of a club?
I agrere its embarassing not having it won since seven years, and most when probs this year it will go to barça.
But, that's the downside of being a club like madrid, we aren't pleased with winning the fa cup, because we are something ABOVE. We aren't pleased with winnign the UEFA simply because our history DEMANDS it.
And I really would like you to call me fool and retarded in real life.

Wow, you're assuming a lot in this post.

And I don't understand some of it.

"I did remind all of you that in terms of palmares you're like QPR"
What?

"And you, you win a CL by penalties and you are proud?"

I didn't win anything, I'm not a footballer. The team I support won the Champions League on penalties, though, and how they won it doesn't really matter, just that they did. Like I said, Madrid winning it 9 times (I thought it was 11) is great, but the first 5 of those were at a time when Europe wasn't a big deal for a lot of teams, and you know this is true.

Please don't insult my intelligence by talking about Hungarian teams as if I don't know who they are; Ferenc Puskás is an absolute legend of the game.

What this means is that Madrid have won it 4 times since it became really competitive and all inclusive, and that puts their record behind Liverpool among others; although it's a very good record I might add.

Your post stinks of arrogance, and why you emphasise trivial issues is bizarre; your implication that I don't care about a club's stature is moronic.

As for "that's the downside of being a club like madrid, we aren't pleased with winning the fa cup, because we are something ABOVE"

That's not the downside of Madrid, that's your arrogance. I'm proud to be a Man Utd fan and I want us to win every competition we enter, not just the big ones; maybe that's why United has had more success than Madrid lately, they've got their priorities right.

Oh and "And I really would like you to call me fool and retarded in real life."

LOL

well because we've got totally opposites opinions, we're not actuallky giving any arguments, mine are fanaticsm and yours are poor intelectually, so we won't go anywhere, you started insulting and I won't lower me to internet chat fighting.

well because we've got totally opposites opinions, we're not actuallky giving any arguments, mine are fanaticsm and yours are poor intelectually, so we won't go anywhere, you started insulting and I won't lower me to internet chat fighting.

Intelectually poor?

If you can't back that up, why say it? Everything I've said is supported by the evidence, there's no petty insults thrown around.

Your fanaticism clouds your judgement, and until now I thought you couldn't see it and wanted to get you to see that. Apparently you're aware of it though, which makes your ramblings seem ever more bizarre.

Madrid have won the CL 9 times, 5 of those were when a lot of top teams in Europe hadn't even decided to enter the competition; that is indisputable and although 9 is still a great achievement, it's not as amazing as it seems at first glance.

I'd say Liverpool's 5 is a greater achievement.

and well since we need evidence, it is true that nobody played the Cl back then, first final stade de reims, second final fiorentina, third final milan, fourth final stade de reims again and fifth final eintracht frankfurt. Sporting CL, Partizan, PSV, Manchester united, Dortmund, Galtasaray, Glasgow Rangers, benfica,, sevilla, ajax, besiktas, olympiacos, hearts, standart schalke juventus barça fenerbahce, (other british representatives were wolves and hibernians) played in those first five CLs. I know its was pretty long but in my modest opinion I think that europe did care a little about the CL back then.
Doesn't mean that I don't agree that waht is important is NOW TODAY but you will also agree that roots, traditions, and the honour we can feel for it (obviously maybe for football is a bit too much, but as a british you're proud of your history and achievements through history) are important too.
Anyway, all that to say that all these CLs were played against worthy opponents, the best of their time. So I think they all count.
And my ramblings have a quite logical explanation, it is when things go worst (as they do for madrid right now) that you MUST show support, trust and your total and absolute loyalty. This is only football so its okay but you need that for more important things.
And come on, its not arrogance its just fun man you taking football far toos eriously, its just a couple hours a week to watch, another to play its great and thats it. I say that just for fun, everybody thinks their team is the best ever and thats it, of course we can have clinical and philosphical discussions about football but its not as fun as saying ''we will beat you 5 0'' at least its the way I see it, it could be moronic but boy what laughs I had with friends talking that way.

Last edited:
Madrid won CL 5 times in a row as the had 2 legendary players: Di Stefano and Puscas. And the King of Spain was the Chairmain of R. Madrid, sir Franco. A little bit of too much power for the goodwill of the Club.

But who cares who win the CL, as long as it entertains me, I am fine.

well chrono, during the dictatorship there was no king... and the chairman was a guy named bernabeu... and I know ferguson is a great coach but he may be a little bit too much on scotch lately...

well chrono, during the dictatorship there was no king... and the chairman was a guy named bernabeu... and I know ferguson is a great coach but he may be a little bit too much on scotch lately...

Ferguson? Where...

Bernabeu was just a man with a name sitiing on the wrong chair at the wrong moment, Franco, believe me, search on I-Net, he was the man. Did you know, Alfredo di Stefano wanted to join Barca at that time, but Frnaco didn't allow it. Instead, Di Stefano, who just escaped from civil-war in Colombia, he joined R. Madrid.

because ferguson said that madrid's was franco's team. Honestly, this is mainly catlan nationalists and ateltico madrid fans who belive that. And your poitn is: madrid wins cups because franco is on power, it is low chrono. From what I understand in this forum, is that everyone wins because they're so good and we win either because some dictator bought half europe, with the allmighty spanish economy of the dictatorship, either because nobody cares. It sounds a tiny little bit too odd.

Spanish Historicus once said... I am not making it up;

The start of the clubs success really came under the Franco regime – he saw the club as an excellent propaganda vehicle and poured resource into the club to try to make them a dominating force in Spain and beyond. It is from this point that one of the greatest rivalries in football was born with Catalan club Barcelona. The suppression of the Catalan language and culture by Franco’s regime immediately put Barcelona in opposition to Madrid, the team who seemed to represent the dictator’s regime and some unsavoury match fixing incidents further soured relationships and made the rivalry all the more fierce.

Link: http://www.babylon-idiomas.com/eng/htm/resources-real-madrid-cf.htm

The Regime’s team. From the end of the Civil War until the arrival at Real Madrid of Alfredo Di Stéfano, Barcelona was the most successful team… At the beginning of the 60s, Barcelona had a large deficit which it decided to pay off with the sale to developers of the old Les Corts ground. Since it was green belt, the council rejected the scheme but, after losing various appeals, the Council of Ministers, presided over by Franco, gave the project the go-ahead… In 1974 the dictator received the club’s 75th Anniversary Gold Medal.
Mini-charts of the absolute and relative (Real position - Barça position) league positions of Real Madrid and FC Barcelona during the Second Republic and the Franco dictatorship support this interpretation. There’s a decent correlation between periods of repression (40s, early 50s, early 70s) and Barcelona successes, while Real apparently did better during periods of comparative openness (early 30s, late 50s, 60s). Hence my suggestion that if the Caudillo took any interest in football then one might suspect that he was favouring Barça over Madrid.
The interference of the winners of the Civil War in Spanish sport caused Don Santiago (president of madrid) to have various furious confrontations with the hierarchy of the Franco regime during which he always received the full support of Madrid fans, inhibiting the regime from taking reprisals against him such as forcing him to resign.

Last edited:
I'd like to remind that franco's dictatorship was repressive against regions and bannished catalan and basque languages (it was a centralized fascist state) which might explain the common mistake of thinking that he supported Real Madrid and was against FC Barcelona, he made Madrid the capital and oppressed barcelona, who was the last republican resistance against the fascists during the civil war. Don't think had much to do with football, but more with politics. And Franco was from Ferrol that by that time was in division 1 so I guess he supported his home team anyway.
I'd like to make an analogy, stalin's regime was a communist centralized state, this is purely hypothetical but had he been interrested in football would he support cska or spartak, or being georgian one of his home teams?
Myself, even being from madrid have a french name and couldn't be baptized which shows the extent of repression against minorities, even ten years after franco's death.

Last edited: