Champions League Draw Made.

[FONT=georgia,times new roman,times,serif] Here are all the reasons why Real Madrid is the world’s team, and not Franco’s team: [/FONT]
[FONT=georgia,times new roman,times,serif]17 Liga titles when he wasn’t in power [/FONT]
[FONT=georgia,times new roman,times,serif]9 Copas by Barcelona when he was in power, compared to only 6 for Madrid [/FONT]
[FONT=georgia,times new roman,times,serif]2 UEFA championships, over which Franco could not have exerted any control [/FONT]
[FONT=georgia,times new roman,times,serif]3 Intercontinental Cups, for the same reason [/FONT]
[FONT=georgia,times new roman,times,serif]9 gCL trophies and you all know about those[/FONT]

Last edited:
[FONT=georgia,times new roman,times,serif]Madrid hated Franco, and held out against his forces much longer than Barcelona (though madrid was loyal to the republican government it was a softer left wing than radicals catalans), falling one day before Valencia surrendered, ending the Civil War. It was the capital before Franco, it remained the capital, and as capital, it suffers the antipathy of the provincials to this day.

This is historically absolutely true, we stood more than anybody else but I must admit that the genral madrid aged man is not precisely left wing in general.
[/FONT]

Last edited:
well I didn't make anything of this up, on the other side we know that we can find more or less any kind of **** on the internet, but since I was accused of not backing up evidence I try now.

And all this is pretty much a lot out of topic, we can open one called:
''so madrid has been designed by the uefa as the best XX century team, which is a lot of bullshit because madrid is fascist franco supported us and madrid won only because the other teams let them win, while our teams win beacuse they're better''
And last but not least: Franco DID favoured PUBLICLY a team by sponsoring atletico madrid by the air forces.

Last edited:
sorry, another poitn bfore I got to work!!! rivalry between castilla and catalunya goes as far as the middle ages, when aragon was an independent kingdom.

Ferguson? Where...

Bernabeu was just a man with a name sitiing on the wrong chair at the wrong moment, Franco, believe me, search on I-Net, he was the man. Did you know, Alfredo di Stefano wanted to join Barca at that time, but Frnaco didn't allow it. Instead, Di Stefano, who just escaped from civil-war in Colombia, he joined R. Madrid.

And a last one:
In 1953, Di Stéfano signed a deal with FC Barcelona and FIFA, who didn't know anything about Di Stéfano having left Millonarios without permission, authorized the transfer from River Plate. The Spanish Federation, however, did not recognise the deal. According to Andres Ramírez, the Spanish Football Federation secretary, both Millonarios (who owned the rights of the player until the end of 1954, according to the agreements reached in the Lima Pact) and River Plate's consent were needed in order for Di Stéfano to sign up with a Spanish club. Indeed Millonarios had reported FIFA the anomalous situation of the Argentinian, so FIFA iteself demanded the Spanish Federation to solve the problem. On 13 May 1953, he arrived in Spain to conclude his contract with Barcelona but during the discussions with the Federation, Real Madrid's president Santiago Bernabéu, acting upon the apparent division within the Barcelona management, convinced him to sign for them instead.
During the parallel negotiations between the two Spanish clubs and Millonarios, the Spanish Federation issued a ban on foreign players in the Spanish league. On 15 September, the Spanish Federation made public the decision, which club presidents Carreto and Bernabéu had signed, to allow Di Stéfano four seasons in Spain - two for each team, to be played alternately. The agreement created such a storm of protests by the rest of the Barcelona management and the fans that Carreto resigned a week later. The interim board succeeding him opted to scratch the agreement all together for a compensation of four million pesetas, announcing on 23 October that Real Madrid could have the player permanently. In the meantime, Di Stéfano had made his Madrid debut (on 23 September) and played poorly in each of his first few matches for the club. The reasons for FC Barcelona's decision to let the player go to Madrid are disputed by the two clubs. While Real Madrid have always maintained it was a voluntary decision by F.C. Barcelona, their rivals held that it was a decision made under pressure from Franco's government. There are also those who feel Di Stéfano's poor form in his first few games led Barcelona to think they might be better off without him anyway. In July 1953 Barcelona's coach, Fernando Dancik, wrote a report expressing numerous doubts about the player's form. Kubala's health improvement also made the Barcelona directives lose the interest in the Argentine. Barcelona's decision having been announced, the two clubs met the following week - and Di Stéfano scored three goals against FC Barcelona. This incident exacerbated the traditional enmity between the two clubs.<sup id="cite_ref-5" class="reference"></sup>
<sup id="cite_ref-5" class="reference"></sup>
Man, it has happenned many many times after franco's and in any country, how many times a player is announced and announced for a club (chelsea had robinho's shirst already on their webpage!!!) and finally went for man city, is it because of a dictators influence?

And Di estefano is president of honour of Madrid, his allegiance clearly lies to barça.

<sup id="cite_ref-5" class="reference"></sup>

You don't have to defend your fauvorite Club... R. Madrid will win CL this year over my death body ^^

It is not possible. No Zidane, no Redondo, no Suker. Forget it. Raul is not a player who can win the CL alone, he is just a great Team Player with lots of influence.

believe it or not this is the first time ive seen the draw, cheers for the link.

You don't have to defend your fauvorite Club... R. Madrid will win CL this year over my death body ^^

It is not possible. No Zidane, no Redondo, no Suker. Forget it. Raul is not a player who can win the CL alone, he is just a great Team Player with lots of influence.

As a matter of fact I agree with you, but now we're quite solid in the back, we've got a good midfield (lassana diarra is amazing) and **** ''I want to believe'' that raul or higuain will be in shape, we've got nothing to loose... we'll see naywya, and sorry about the 6 postings, I was ****** that's all.

unless ur talking about on fm09 diarra is rubbish could`nt even cut it at arsenal given we were desprate for a solid good dfm he was ****! i don`t watch the spanish league much so maybe he`s changed but don`t think hes a amazing. i also don`t think madrid will get past liverpool in next round!barca or man u will win c.league! love arsenal to win it but were way off the pace!

he's doing some fantastic games with madrid, he recovers far more balls than gago and did well in france-argentina.

i want an all english semi-finals like last season.

the only clubs i would like to lift the champions league instead of arsenal is either man utd, chelsea or liverpool even though i hate them.

Can I just ask?... How thee **** did Tniter-Man U game finish 0-0?!

dunno mate.

man utd should of won BIG TIME.

poor poor zlatan ibrahimovic failed to shine on the big day..best striker on the planet my backside.

arsenal 1-0 roma! c'mon.:)

Can I just ask?... How thee **** did Tniter-Man U game finish 0-0?!

was a great game, really cant see Inter going to old Trafford and winning though.

Arsenal im not sure about and i can see Porto and Barca going through.

Never diss Lyon, can give you run for their money, Juninho goal was a nice one. like I reckon Liverpool will give Real run for their money tonight whereas I think Chelsea Juve will be bit of a stalemate

Never diss Lyon, can give you run for their money, Juninho goal was a nice one. like I reckon Liverpool will give Real run for their money tonight whereas I think Chelsea Juve will be bit of a stalemate

juninho's goal was a nice one? it was a freaking beauty! if he aint the best freekick taker in the world

who is?