Ched Evans Jailed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The judge is to give his summary on monday. Anything that hasn't already come out about the case may do then. The fact there was a unanimous verdict makes me think the evidence must have been strong. Although of course that is a slightly dangerous assumption to make.

Juries are easily swayed by emotional testimony. If the girl cried and made sure they know that she felt violated by Evans then that's it dust off your hands the crown rests their case. Being an associate I know the arguments for and against juries - this case may be another argument against them.

As I have previously stated I am not saying that Evans is innocent I am just saying that the majority of the evidence doesn't appear to be solid and I'm sure that there will be an appeal. Trust me when I say Evans is not going to get off scott free but I think he will face a lesser sentence or depending on the appeal he might even just have to pay a fine. At that point the female should file a civil suit - Which in my opinion she should have done from the start if she wanted some extra cash to pay for her obvious drinking problem.

Personally I believe that this has gone way over the top solely because he is a footballer. There was a similar case in America last year where American Pro Footballer Ben Rothlesberger allegedly raped a woman in a bathroom stall at a night club. Regardless of his verdict (It was none guilty in the end) he was suspended by the NFL (National Football League) for 3 games (can't remember how many games it was now might have been 6). This is how the FA should deal with players who act not-accordingly to their contracts with particular clubs. But that is another topic for another day.

Juries are easily swayed by emotional testimony. If the girl cried and made sure they know that she felt violated by Evans then that's it dust off your hands the crown rests their case. Being an associate I know the arguments for and against juries - this case may be another argument against them.

As I have previously stated I am not saying that Evans is innocent I am just saying that the majority of the evidence doesn't appear to be solid and I'm sure that there will be an appeal. Trust me when I say Evans is not going to get off scott free but I think he will face a lesser sentence or depending on the appeal he might even just have to pay a fine. At that point the female should file a civil suit - Which in my opinion she should have done from the start if she wanted some extra cash to pay for her obvious drinking problem.

Personally I believe that this has gone way over the top solely because he is a footballer. There was a similar case in America last year where American Pro Footballer Ben Rothlesberger allegedly raped a woman in a bathroom stall at a night club. Regardless of his verdict (It was none guilty in the end) he was suspended by the NFL (National Football League) for 3 games (can't remember how many games it was now might have been 6). This is how the FA should deal with players who act not-accordingly to their contracts with particular clubs. But that is another topic for another day.

I agree with most of what you've said here. I think the disagreements arise because there is such a fine line between drunken *** and 'rape' sometimes. (rape in inverted commas because clearly not everyone sees what Evans did as rape). About juries being swayed by emotions- that's a good point- and she certainly could have used this to win the 'sympathy vote' :)

Ridiculously dodgy, at least according to what I know. The girl claimed that she was raped, and easily got off without any suspicion by saying that she can't remember anything. I'm not condoning the actions that Evans had done, but things seems to be extremely vague here. This may sound stupid, but this incident sounds just like a typical Saturday night for those who goes to the clubs. I know a lot of people who goes to clubs, brings home a drunk girl, slept with her and then drive her back to her place the next day without these kind of rape claims. The girls know what to expect if they go out to a club and get themselves incredibly drunk.

What I believe is that if the guy wasn't a famous footballer, the girl probably wouldn't even bother to go to the court for this. What Evans did was very stupid, but the girl wasn't all that innocent either. Just can't fathom the fact that one was sentenced to 5 years in jail while the girl gets all the sympathy in the world and gets away with it. She might have been drunk, she might have not given her consent, but she could easily have been the opposite as well. Just claiming that she was too drunk to remember anything is too simple a way to get her out of any trouble.

I agree with most of what you've said here. I think the disagreements arise because there is such a fine line between drunken *** and 'rape' sometimes. (rape in inverted commas because clearly not everyone sees what Evans did as rape). About juries being swayed by emotions- that's a good point- and she certainly could have used this to win the 'sympathy vote' :)

And thats my point as well, drunken *** or rape is a very fine line. I dont like that he took advantage of her drunken state, but these sorts of things happen all the time, he says she consented whilst she was drunk, for a lot of guys thats good enough. He should be punished of course, I hate it when guys take advantage but I mean is it really rape?

if he was a prem league player it wouldnt have got to court and why did the other 1 get off? she was to drunk to say yes but can remember who it was something dodgy there dont you think

if he was a prem league player it wouldnt have got to court and why did the other 1 get off? she was to drunk to say yes but can remember who it was something dodgy there dont you think

If it was a Prem League player it'd be absolute chaos. Don't be ridiculous. If anything, Prem players have to be even more careful due to their higher profile.

well we found out she wasn't spiked. she was not attacked or dragged into the hotel. she didn't do much to stop this, im sure no matter how drunk you were you would try and stop yourself from being raped.

well we found out she wasn't spiked. she was not attacked or dragged into the hotel. she didn't do much to stop this, im sure no matter how drunk you were you would try and stop yourself from being raped.

I really wouldn't go down this road. Regardless of the situation with the player, which team he plays for and so on - you don't invite your friends to watch/film it, and you don't leave after the event out of the fire escape.

Additionally, the myth that people can effectively fight back when drunk is just that. Most men in good physical shape have no problem subduing a woman of average strength, if you add in extreme intoxication the best you'd get would be some evidence of "roughness", which would only apply if she reported it almost immediately. Additionally, her prosecution relies on "I didn't remember any of it" from her, to put the onus on Evans' examination to incriminate himself, and he is hardly likely to say "Yeah, now that you mention it she was fighting back."

I'd be very careful when it comes to these sort of situations full stop. There are certain services which exist for providing this kind of "need" (the being watched thing) for people with a few grand spare cash; a much better option than the chance of jail.

Welsh striker Ched Evans convicted of rape and sentenced to 5 years in prison.

The traumatised sheep refused to comment.

Have you ever seen someone totally smashed of their face? A lot of the time they have no idea where they are, let alone being able to move. Rape doesn't have to be violent to be rape. So to say she didnt much doesnt hold up. What you are saying is an actual myth. Consent needs to carry all the way through for one thing. But Evans got himself into a grey area here (not helped by having people watching) the smart man would have done nothing with the girl. Being smashed off her face isn't an invitation to keep going.

The crux of the argument is that she was so intoxicated that legally she would be no fit state to consent (diminished mental capacity). This was backed by witness statements, and CCTV. It would be interesting to see what was on the tape mind.

Last edited:
still don't understand how Evans is being done and Mcdonald not at all :S McDonald is having *** with her and Evans then arrives. McDonald asks her if Evans can 'join in' and she says yes. So she can give consent to McDonald but not Evans? Either they both get sent down or neither of them get sent down tbh.

I have known alot of guys and girls to get so drunk they dont remember a thing from the night before let alone if they slept with anyone, It happens people get drunk go home with some stranger and do the dance with no pants that is fair enough we all know it happens every weekend in every city around the country, That i have no issue with at all.

I do however have a issue with someone picking a drunk girl up, Taking her back to a hotel and then introducing a third party, She made the choice to go back to the hotel with Clayton drunk or not she made that choice, She did'nt make the choice to go to the hotel with Evans he just turned up after getting the text, That is very different from what happens on most weekends around the country, I have known alot of girls who have drunken nights with strangers, Cant say i know of any who have gone off with one guy and decided to add a third party while already at the hotel or house.

Had he picked her up with Clayton i would'nt have no issue with it because then she has made the choice to go back to the hotel with them both knowing full well its going to get freaky, He did'nt however and took advantage of someone who was in no fit state to consent at that point which was stupid but just because she was drunk and agreed to go back to the hotel with one person does'nt mean she should be fair game for anyone who takes a fancy to abit of fun.

I do laugh at those who claim she wanted the fame of being with a footballer or in this case two but seriously Ched Evans and Clayton McDonald........You would gain more fame getting tagteamed by the Chuckle Brothers than those two clowns.

Rape or not is a tough one to call and not knowing everything that happened its not my place to call it but he made a choice and anyone with any standards at all would know it was the wrong choice to make and now hes paying a very heavy price, Tough luck or hard justice either way i dont agree with what he did so i wont feel sorry for him one bit if he does serve the whole 5 years.

Exactly. What did she expect might happen. Go back to the hotel for a game of ******* scrabble. I think the CCTV showed her grabbing on to McDonald a couple of times but who doesn't after a couple of drinks.

Exactly. What did she expect might happen. Go back to the hotel for a game of ******* scrabble. I think the CCTV showed her grabbing on to McDonald a couple of times but who doesn't after a couple of drinks.

Both you and week have shown you don't understand diminished mental capacity. That's where he fell foul and thats where he has been judged, consent has to follow all the way through . Regardless of what she said, she was so drunk that she was in no condition to facilitate logical and rational thought, hence diminshed mental capactity. That was backed up by witness and CCTV, which was damning enough for a 12-0 vote. Its still la grey area, but any man with an ounce of sense would have done nothing, let alone have *** with her, let a mate watch and then leave. No surprise he has been done on that basis.

Its pathetic how some people assume consent was given considering how intoxicated she has been portrayed that Evans did'nt deserve exactly what he got, Just because she agreed to go back to the hotel with one person does'nt make her fair game for his friend too and then for others to film it, Probably a drunken mistake going with Clayton but taking advantage of her drunk state in the way Evans did is just morally wrong, He has to have known how drunk she was and if he is too stupid to realise that she will pretty much say yes to anything in that state and he takes it as consent he deserves to be exactly where he is.

I have been known to drink quite alot myself and i have been in a states where you could ask me if you could have my car and i would say yes, You could ask me if wanted to go swimming with sharks with a piece of meat tied to my balls i would think it was a fantastic idea, Only a total ******* would think i had given consent to either of those and think they could take my car or tie meat to my balls and go looking for sharks, We agree to things when drunk without any idea of what we are agreeing to it is down to the sober person to have some morals and do the right thing is those situations, Evans did'nt do that and for being a giant ******* he learned a very harsh lesson.

The simple fact is you would'nt take advantage of someone drunk in a situation like the ones mentioned above and expect it to be legally binding, You would be arrested for stealing the car and you would be arrested for feeding a drunk guy to sharks, "But he said yes" would not stand up in court and you would be found guilty of both, The only difference here is people are assuming she is a massive slag who was gagging for it just because she went back to the hotel with one person, Thats not right her actions should'nt and rightly did'nt change the fact that she was in no fit state to consent to *** with Evans and he took advantage of that drunken state despite knowing that she was in no state at all to consent to it, Yes he knew i'm sorry but anyone with any sense at all can tell when someone has had too much drink, Those with morals put them that person to bed, Those without morals bed that person, We can see which of the two Evans is so how anyone can feels sorry for someone who is such a lowlife is beyond me.

Apparently the victim has cried rape 3 times with rugby players in the same circumstances. She has put on twitter in her words did it "To win Big".

Could be an appeal here me thinks.

Apparently the victim has cried rape 3 times with rugby players in the same circumstances. She has put on twitter in her words did it "To win Big".

Rumours. Unless there is proof she has said than and proof its actually her on twitter (ie can be linked back to her IP address by the police etc) then it means **** all. Indeed im willing to bet its been made up to cast doubt/damage her name. Pretty low actions tbh. It wasn't her testimony that damned him anyway it was the witness statements and CCTV.

Last edited:

Can I suggest you think of the victim and what she's been through before your beloved goalscorer

This is becoming all too common with footballers. Glad to see one finaly put away for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.