Chelsea: A New Era ( Continuation from "The Swans Take Flight")

Who will be Chelsea's top scorer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
so hernandez has joined for £20M (bargain) considered im a rival lavezzi set to join soon and trying to persuade hart with money (a lot )

nice start to my pre-season and look who got a hat-trickView attachment 250930thank you for giving me tips on torres never performed for me before nice start

epic mate, are you gonna start a story? if so i will be following, another good tactic is to get play david luiz, cos he has got 7 goals for me this season, he attacks the corners really well

i don't have time and the patience to do a story i have played two games and won both 4-0 v villa and bolton

CHELSEA 0-0 TRANMERE
FA Cup
MOTM: Nigel de Jong
Chelsea fielded a reserve team side and they were unable to overcome a resolute Tranmere. There were chances for new signings Luc Castnaigos and Vaclav Kadlec but both were well saved by in-form keep David fon Smith.
View attachment 250957

CHELSEA 2-0 BLACKBURN
Lampard (27), Ramires (69)
MOTM: Frank Lampard
Fan favourite Frank Lampard proved he still has it after a terrific performance against a struggling Blackburn side. He gave Chelsea the lead with a trademark piledriver from the edge of the area. He then set up a confident Ramires to kill off the game. Anther win for Chelsea sees them firmly above Liverpool in 4th.
View attachment 250967

FIORENTINA 5-4 CHELSEA
Lampard (21), Torres (49), Mata (78, 84)
Chelsea will be evry dissapointed with their defensive display, but we saw their pluckiness and reslove after going 5-2 down. They now have 4 away goals going into the second leg at Stamford Bridge. Juan Mata was once again amongst the goals as his finishing helped Chelsea to only needing a 1-0 win against Fiorentina next week to qualify for the next round.
View attachment 250984
chelsea 2-1 newcastle
Chelsea were frustrated by a determined Newcastle side today, but still managed to progress to the next round. Chances were rare, but Chelsea manged to capitalise on their few while Newcastle wasted their many. Unconvincing from Chelsea , but they have progressed to the FA Cup quarter-finals.

Last edited:
FEBRUARY REVIEW
CHELSEA 0-0 TRANMERE
CHELSEA 1-0 WEST BROM
CHELSEA 2-0 BLACKBURN
CHELSEA 4-5 FIORENTINA
CHELSEA 2-1 NEWCASTLE
CHELSEA 2-0 FIORENTINA
PLAYER OF THE MONTH: JUAN MATA
TOP SCORER: FERNANDO TORRES (27 IAC)
MATCH OF THE MONTH: CHELSEA 2-0 FIORENTINA
Jones' view: We have seen some unconvincing performances but I am very pleased to have advanced in the FA Cup and Europa League, and to be in 3rd position in the league. Torres' form has been slighly declining, but Juan Mata has displayed some great performances to compensate.

STOKE 2-3 CHELSEA
Torres (11, 75), Mata (55)
MOTM: Fernando Torres
Chelsea won a hard-fought contest against a determined Stoke side today. Fernando Torres was back amongst the goals after he got on the end of a Jose Sosa cross to nod it just wide of Amir Begovic's outstretched hand. Stoke equalised when captain Peter Crouch rose above Gary Cahill to head into the bottom corner after an Utaka corner. Chelsea got a two goal cushion after Mata and Torres both scored one-on-ones with Begovic. 975k bargain signing and top scorer Peter Utaka got one back for Stoke, but it was too little, too late. A good result, as Chelsea have struggled against mid-table opposition this season.
View attachment 251002

CHELSEA 1-0 ZENIT
Lampard (90)
MOTM: Frank Lampard
Frank Lampard was the hero as Chelsea finished with an advantage to take to Russia for next week' second leg. He latched on to a Kalou cross to slot it into the bottom corner. Chelsea dominated the match and should have had more.
View attachment 251015

SPURS 1-2 CHELSEA
Essien (79), Lampard (86)
Frank Lampard was once again the the hero as he scored another late winner in the FA Cup quarter final at White Hart Lane. Spurs dominated for the first hour, with centre half Ryan Shawcross giving them a lead from a corner. Essien equalized with just 11 minutes to go after a Torres shot was saved and the rebound fell to him (Essien). Luka Modric missed a penalty just 5 minutes later, beating the keeper but striking the post. It was from that counter attack that Lampard scored, calmly sliding it past Friedel and sending the away fans into raptures.
View attachment 251021