Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
A hypothetical situation I was discussing with people at school today:

We sell Torres for £50m, and buy Suarez with our own money, not what has been made from the sale. We buy Charlie Adam for £11m and Sergio Aguero for £39m (is that his release clause in real life or just FM? :S ). This would allow us to have this lineup (players and their backups included)

First Team

Reina
Kelly - Carragher - Agger
Kuyt - Meireles - Lucas/Adam - Maxi
Gerrard
Suarez - Aguero

Second Team

Jones
Skrtel - Kyrgiakos - Wilson
Johnson - Shelvey - Lucas/Adam - Aurelio
Cole
Pacheco - Jovanovic​

To me, this sounds good ;) Very unrealistic with just 3 days left, but you never know (H)

We sell Torres for £50m, and buy Suarez with our own money, not what has been made from the sale. We buy Charlie Adam for £11m and Sergio Aguero for £39m (is that his release clause in real life or just FM? :S ). This would allow us to have this lineup (players and their backups included)

First Team

Reina
Gerrard
Suarez - Aguero

Second Team

Jones
Cole
Pacheco - Jovanovic​

To me, this sounds good ;) Very unrealistic with just 3 days left, but you never know (H)

If I was Aguero knowing the interest being shown from other big clubs I wouldn't go to Liverpool.

First Team

Reina
Gerrard
Suarez - Aguero

Second Team

Jones
Cole
Pacheco - Jovanovic​

Far too offensive.

Could be an interesting few days coming up, one of the best jans ive seen!

Ill support the club through thick and thin but gettin a billionaire owner who will throw money around will only improve our club... If me wanting liverpool to do better is calling me a glory supporter than that is really an awful presumption... our team is not good enough because we been doing things the same way when others have caught p with modern times.. id rather win than lose anyday

Basically you're saying lets do things the proper way and fail epically and keep going downhill but its ok we'll all feel better because were doing things properly.. **** off people wnat to see their team winning

It will not improve the club, it'll improve the personel at the club, we may have some of the best players in the world, but its like going on FMRTE and giving yourself 100 billion to sign the best players, not the right way to do things. Our team is not good enough because we've been forced to sell our best players because of two cowboys, how have we not caught up with modern times?

Fail epically? We're 7th in one of the best leagues in the world, we have one of the largest fan bases in the world, we're one of the biggest clubs in the world, yet you're spitting your dummy out because we're in a bit of a bad patch. It goes without saying we want to see our team winning but we're in a rebuilding phase in-case you didn't notice, NESV are not going to come in and buy us success you should have known that. They're here for the long haul, building for the long term, I'd rather see the club progress over time and hopefully reach the top again doing it in the correct manner, rather than go out splashing hundreds of millions on players.

It will not improve the club, it'll improve the personel at the club, we may have some of the best players in the world, but its like going on FMRTE and giving yourself 100 billion to sign the best players, not the right way to do things. Our team is not good enough because we've been forced to sell our best players because of two cowboys, how have we not caught up with modern times?

Fail epically? We're 7th in one of the best leagues in the world, we have one of the largest fan bases in the world, we're one of the biggest clubs in the world, yet you're spitting your dummy out because we're in a bit of a bad patch. It goes without saying we want to see our team winning but we're in a rebuilding phase in-case you didn't notice, NESV are not going to come in and buy us success you should have known that. They're here for the long haul, building for the long term, I'd rather see the club progress over time and hopefully reach the top again doing it in the correct manner, rather than go out splashing hundreds of millions on players.

ok ill think what i think you think what you think :)

okay so spend tons more money that you can't afford and then probably fail anyway. that's why so many clubs are in debt in the premiership anyway.

I have to agree with Ben, the big money tycoons are ruining the game, they are part of the reason that Chelsea and City have pushed Liverpool into the position they are in.

There were no Chelsea's or City's (even if there was a Jack Walker) throughout the 90's but Liverpool struggled then as well. I don't buy that they've been cruelly overpriced at each turn. In fact Benitez spent the better part of £200m turning Liverpool from a one man team into a two man team.

I can understand the logic some have for selling Torres and using the money to have a side of more balanced quality. The same argument that was used to sell Rush and bring in the likes of Barnes and Beardsley if I remember rightly. Especially if they can silly money from Chelsea.

That said, getting £40m and spending it on another 4 Dirk Kuyt-standard players is probably the last thing Liverpool need.

Realisitically, who can Liverpool bring in to improve their squad if they have sold one of the main reasons a player of quality would think twice about playing for a club no bigger (on the face of it) than Aston Villa?

In fact Benitez spent the better part of £200m turning Liverpool from a one man team into a two man team.

Benitez or the owners? Rafa bought in players such as Reina, Mascherano and Xabi Alonso. They only became a two man team when the Yanks forced him to sell. Benitez made a lot of mistakes in the transfer market, but that can be said of virtually every manager. Ferguson has made some real shockers in his time

Is it just me, or is anybody else (LFC Fans) not at all worried about Torres going anywhere atm?

until i see a direct quote, from him or the club, i don't believe any of it.

and Ride The Walrus, stop being so ******* pessimistic.
Business very rarely gets done in January - particularly with the type of players we need.
Remember it's the Liverpool way to do things quietly.
Stop acting like a little kid n spitting dummy out cos we haven't signed anyone! This seasons a right off anyway, just get players cheaper in summer. Makes good Business sense!

The deal WONT happen. At the moment as we know it Torres has asked Liverpool to listen to Chelsea's offer and he say he is willing to leave Liverpool. What i believe will happen is it will go right down to the wire then Torres will release a statement saying "Chelsea was an option but they are a smaller club than Chelsea and i love Liverpool". This will give the whole club a lift and make him hero number 1 again.

Sad yes i know but this is what will happen and suprise suprise just in time for the Chelsea - Liverpool clash next Sunday.

The deal WONT happen. At the moment as we know it Torres has asked Liverpool to listen to Chelsea's offer and he say he is willing to leave Liverpool. What i believe will happen is it will go right down to the wire then Torres will release a statement saying "Chelsea was an option but they are a smaller club than Chelsea and i love Liverpool". This will give the whole club a lift and make him hero number 1 again.

Sad yes i know but this is what will happen and suprise suprise just in time for the Chelsea - Liverpool clash next Sunday.
Rooney-esque situation

Is it just me, or is anybody else (LFC Fans) not at all worried about Torres going anywhere atm?

until i see a direct quote, from him or the club, i don't believe any of it.

and Ride The Walrus, stop being so ******* pessimistic.
Business very rarely gets done in January - particularly with the type of players we need.
Remember it's the Liverpool way to do things quietly.
Stop acting like a little kid n spitting dummy out cos we haven't signed anyone! This seasons a right off anyway, just get players cheaper in summer. Makes good Business sense!

Makes better business sense to get better players in and compete for a Champions League / Europa League place.

Rooney-esque situation

A little bit yer, Rooney did it to get a pay rise but i think Torres is doing it to make Chelsea look stupid and give Liverpool Football Club a huge lift.

it was to put pressure to get them to deliver on the players promised two seasons ago

it was to put pressure to get them to deliver on the players promised two seasons ago

Oh yer i know, but they will make new promises and especially now it looks as if they got Suarez and Torres will stay and he will become the hero again and like i said just in time for the game against Chelsea next Sunday.

Oh yer i know, but they will make new promises and especially now it looks as if they got Suarez and Torres will stay and he will become the hero again and like i said just in time for the game against Chelsea next Sunday.
the timing is coincidence though. the window is closing thats all.

all i know is that chelsea wont sign suarez or pienaar in FM11

Benitez or the owners? Rafa bought in players such as Reina, Mascherano and Xabi Alonso. They only became a two man team when the Yanks forced him to sell. Benitez made a lot of mistakes in the transfer market, but that can be said of virtually every manager. Ferguson has made some real shockers in his time

But he's also won, what, 11 titles? Benitez signed players no one would have recommended and then sold them for massive losses literally months later. It was just crazy. Robbie Keane in particular. You shouldn't fall for this nonsense that Rafa was some sort of genius let down by some crooked yanks.

He was happy to spend Liverpool's money and was given it, and frankly wasted it. Liverpool are not a club swimming cash. Happily for Inter's shareholders Morratti had more sense...

Suarez deal now could make things interesting?

Replacement?
Partner?

Will be very insteresting.. hope its the latter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back