Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The club is doing a fantastic job in the transfer market" - Ancelotti

Whether this means he doesn't have a say or not is up for debate, I personally think it's all Roman pulling the strings but I guess no one knows.

First off, I think 40m is a good price to get for torres, even if he was on form. But only to a foreign club, like barca. If our aim is to get back in the top 4, and eventually challenge for the league once more, we can't be selling players of torres' calibre to title contenders.

Secondly, 50m bid for aguerro & godin, 25m for luiz, 40m for torres. Yet again it just shows chelsea are a small club with a big wallet. They spend **** loads, win a few titles, then this season don't spend, do **** and go splashing more cash. They can't compete without spending 50m+ a season, they're as bad as city.

Pathetic club.

The Aguero & Godin reports were rubbished by Chelsea, try to keep up.

"They can't compete without spending 50M+ a season" - Correct me if I'm wrong, but did we win the league last season? Again correct me if I'm wrong but did we spent 50M last year? I recall only bringing in Yuri Zhrikov for 18M and Sturridge on a free.

Try to make your points valid before you go off on one.

So you think use are going to challenge for the league with your current squad?

Didn't think so.

Rofl. With our current squad we were 5 points clear a couple of months back. Clearly injuries have shown we do not have enough strength in depth but regarding your point, with all of our current squad fit, yes we can win the title.

It's clear that Ancelotti is not in charge on the transfers. Chelsea is buying the bet players from the russian league. Zirkov, Ivanovic....players like that. It's clear that it's because Roman has good relationship with Russian clubs. And he wants players from Russia.

Confirmation Chelsea have had a 40Million bid turned down instantly by the liverpool owners and told the players is not for sale!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...from-Chelsea-for-striker-Fernando-Torres.html

and T Barrett on Twitter who represents a newspaper has also confirmed this

IMO Keep dreaming chelsea...

Also i think it proves how worried chelsea are with their current situation.. After rumours of bidding 52million for atletico pair... now 40-60million for torres and 20-30million on david luiz... obviously feel the current squad isant strong enough as abramovich has suddenly started to spend again or try to

LOL and now torres wants to come and join us
unlucky liverpool.

*Crazy thought time*

Could this be a ploy from Torres and his agents etc to basically get the owners to write some cheques for some players? Showing that he would consider leaving unless investment is made.

Told you it was crazy, just trying to cover all the possible options here.

Or He is doing a Wayne/ Carlos/ John and trying to get a bigger pay cheque from liverpool.

There were people saying Liverpool would win the league at the start of the season...

Tell me when liverpool where 5 points clear and on fire...? And what Sane person said liverpool would win the league.

"The club is doing a fantastic job in the transfer market" - Ancelotti

Whether this means he doesn't have a say or not is up for debate, I personally think it's all Roman pulling the strings but I guess no one knows.

The Aguero & Godin reports were rubbished by Chelsea, try to keep up.

"They can't compete without spending 50M+ a season" - Correct me if I'm wrong, but did we win the league last season? Again correct me if I'm wrong but did we spent 50M last year? I recall only bringing in Yuri Zhrikov for 18M and Sturridge on a free.

Try to make your points valid before you go off on one.

Rofl. With our current squad we were 5 points clear a couple of months back. Clearly injuries have shown we do not have enough strength in depth but regarding your point, with all of our current squad fit, yes we can win the title.

sturridge wasn't free.. we're ending up paying them about 7m

err yes he has if you've been watching skysports. wants liverpool to consider the offer.

i love the sky sports news reports, when has torres said he is willing to talk to chelsea?? i've not heard him say it. It's all hearsay. Chelsea have reportidly made bids for torres EVERY transfer window since he has been at liverpool!!!
its just agents trying to get a payday from either signing for a new club or getting a new contract. Must be worth 5 million if they get either result. Agents really do need to be banned I>M>H>O

Last edited:
um that's not true. this has never been said before, theres been rumours of offers, but torres has never come out and said anything about it so it's clearly got some substance..

um that's not true. this has never been said before, theres been rumours of offers, but torres has never come out and said anything about it so it's clearly got some substance..
he still hasnt said anything about in this article. There isnt a single word from torres in it

it doesnt feature any words from Torres, or his spoksman/agent.

Yeah that's what I thought, probably bs atm and unless Torres comes out publicly and says that then I will continue to think it''s bs.

Yeah that's what I thought, probably bs atm and unless Torres comes out publicly and says that then I will continue to think it''s bs.
thats why i said what i said earlier. until Torres, Liverpool or Chelsea give solid confirmation then its just more speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back