Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
TonyBarretTimes Tony Barrett
For all those saying Torres story is wrong, no one would be happier than me if it was. But it's not.
Interesting

Torres is a Fantastic player, but at the moment, for what ever reasons, is not playing well. Could there be a chance he wont ever be the same player again? Possibly, and if that is the case, Liverpool should sell him. But on the other side of the coin, He could start playing like his old self in which case, then they shouldn't.

Like i say, it's all hear say at the moment, but if a deal is going to go ahead, i wont believe it until Torres is in a Chelsea shirt....we all know what happened with Robinho

how does it make us look bad?

Torres will release a statement saying Liverpool are a bigger club than Chelsea etc etc and the media will get carried away with this and so will the Liverpool fans and so will opposition fans and it will esculade. Trust me.

I actually think torres is gonna leave now. If so suarez has massive boots to fill. On his day he is the best striker in the world by a mile.

I actually think torres is gonna leave now. If so suarez has massive boots to fill. On his day he is the best striker in the world by a mile.
Surprised your lot havent bid yet..

The Telegraph and The Times (Rory Smith and Tony Barrett), both with very credible sources have reported that although no transfer request has been submitted, the Liverpool striker has expressed his desire to leave to manager Kenny Dalglish and senior figures at Anfield following a £35 million bid from Chelsea.

Rory Smith of the Telegraph said: "Torres has, indeed, told LFC he would like to move to Chelsea. No formal transfer request. LFC adamant he's not for sale.

"If you don't believe me, that's not a problem. More will be revealed at whatever time it is newspapers appear online these days."

Tony Barrett of the Times newspaper said: "For all those saying Torres story is wrong, no one would be happier than me if it was. But it's not."

Although Liverpool are adamant he is not for sale, this overshadows Suarez's arrival and could put it in jeopardy. I think the summer would be the time to let Torres on his way, should he leave as we could (attempt to) replace him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Torres will release a statement saying Liverpool are a bigger club than Chelsea etc etc and the media will get carried away with this and so will the Liverpool fans and so will opposition fans and it will esculade. Trust me.

**** of a conspiracy you got going there. ;)

i feel sick.
& let down.

If this is true, i lose all respect for Torres, i'll still back him, but won't be the same in my eyes.
He'll just be the same as the Rooney's etc.

I pray this isn't true and it's all just media talk.
YNWA.

Hmm, Torres recently said he wanted to stay, and sign a new contract. Maybe he's doing a Rooney/Tevez, hoping for more money. If so, he can pish off.

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

Liverpool have rejected a transfer request from Fernando Torres. We'll have more on this breaking news shortly. - SkySports.

Sell him!

Hmm, Torres recently said he wanted to stay, and sign a new contract. Maybe he's doing a Rooney/Tevez, hoping for more money. If so, he can pish off.

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

Liverpool have rejected a transfer request from Fernando Torres. We'll have more on this breaking news shortly. - SkySports.

Sell him!

Its in the clubs rights but the question is would you really want to keep a player that wants to leave.

Sell him!

where are sky getting this info from nothing on official site

its on bbc sport too, hes handed in a request and they rejected it, in the yellow bar top of the homepage

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport

Fernando Torres submits transfer request at Liverpool

Reds reject transfer request and "expect Torres to honour contract"

Haha this is great, i can see Torres playing well now <)..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back