Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suarez deal now could make things interesting?

Replacement?
Partner?

Will be very insteresting.. hope its the latter :)

It will be the latter trust me. He has no intention of joining Chelsea. He just wants to make Chelsea feel like he does and then come out with a comment putting the club down which will give Liverpool fans a huge lift and like i say just in time for Liverpools trip to Stamford Bridge next Sunday.

I honestly find it funny how much this has taken off.

Benitez or the owners? Rafa bought in players such as Reina, Mascherano and Xabi Alonso. They only became a two man team when the Yanks forced him to sell. Benitez made a lot of mistakes in the transfer market, but that can be said of virtually every manager. Ferguson has made some real shockers in his time

He wasn't forced to sell them.

Does anyone agree with me that this is just a ploy that will make Chelsea look stupid because Torres will release a statement saying Liverpool are a bigger club and i love Liverpool etc etc. This will also get the fans all rallied up and give the club abit more confidence.

In a nutshell Torres, his people and Liverpool FC are playing a crafty and nasty game i beleive.

Does anyone agree with me that this is just a ploy that will make Chelsea look stupid because Torres will release a statement saying Liverpool are a bigger club and i love Liverpool etc etc. This will also get the fans all rallied up and give the club abit more confidence.

In a nutshell Torres, his people and Liverpool FC are playing a crafty and nasty game i beleive.

Might have given it a passing thought before dismissing it earlier today.

Lot of smoke at the moment. Really hoping there's no fire but I'm not laughing at the idea of him moving right now.

Might have given it a passing thought before dismissing it earlier today.

Lot of smoke at the moment. Really hoping there's no fire but I'm not laughing at the idea of him moving right now.

Yer i understand your concerns and maybe im being abit negative but i believe i know how footballers work especially Torres.

unfortunately I have the agree with this :( still have some hope he will be playing in a chelsea shirt soon though :D

Matt Hughes, Tony Barrett
1 minute ago
Fernando Torres has told Liverpool that he wants to leave, a move that will only fuel Chelsea’s confidence that an improved bid will allow them to sign the striker before the transfer window closes at 11pm on Monday.
The Barclays Premier League champions are prepared to offer £40 million in cash plus Daniel Sturridge, the England Under-21 striker, whom Liverpool inquired about taking on loan last month.
Liverpool rejected a straight cash offer of £35 million for Torres on Thursday and maintain that he is not for sale, but Chelsea are hopeful of capitalising on the player’s disenchantment at Anfield to get the deal done.
The Spaniard has not issued a written transfer request but has made it clear in a phone conversation with club officials that he would like Liverpool to enter formal negotiations with Chelsea.
Liverpool’s official position is that Torres, 26, is not for sale, but they would consider cashing in if he is adamant he wants to leave.
Yesterday, the Anfield club agreed to sign Luis Suárez, the Uruguay striker, from Ajax in a deal that could be worth £22.8 million. Suárez was signed to complement Torres, but there are increasing concerns that the pair may never play together. Liverpool also had a £6.5 million bid for Charlie Adam rejected by Blackpool .
By confirming Chelsea’s bid on Thursday, Liverpool have effectively put the ball in Torres’s court by placing the onus on him to force through the transfer. It is understood that his contract includes a buy-out clause enabling him to leave for £50 million, which was introduced by the previous Liverpool regime but comes into force only at the end of the season.
The West London club had a £25 million bid for Torres, who would be available for the remainder of Chelsea’s Champions League campaign, rejected last summer. They remain in negotiations with Benfica over David Luiz and have offered £24 million plus Nemanja Matic for the Brazil defender.

I said to my mate earlier if a deal was going to be done then Sturridge would be involved.

I said to my mate earlier if a deal was going to be done then Sturridge would be involved.

as much as I would love Torres to join Chelsea tbh I dont want Sturridge to leave. He looks like his got a good future ahead of him and his english.

as much as I would love Torres to join Chelsea tbh I dont want Sturridge to leave. He looks like his got a good future ahead of him and his english.

Yer me and my mate both said that, we dont mind Stugger.

i think Liverpool have finally sorted fee for Suarez to maybe show Torres we r going in right direction.
also i believe Torres will stay till end of season to see how we do and improve with kk and Suarez also possible Adam. just my view though?
i cant blame Torres for wanting to move if this chapter goes wrong aswell but i hope he stays and builds a good on pitch relationship with Suarez
YNWA

Matt Hughes, Tony Barrett
1 minute ago
They remain in negotiations with Benfica over David Luiz and have offered £24 million plus Nemanja Matic for the Brazil defender.

This is back on now? Rumours are doing my head in. |)

Just to let people know:

Suarez deal is now in doubt.. main reason he wanted to join was to partner Torres and now it looks certain Torres is leaving for 40million + Daniel Sturridge.

Rumours Torres has handed in a transfer request but they have gone quiet so don't think that is true

Many journo's have said deal could be arranged as early as tonight.. completed tommorow...

Betting companies have slashed odds on him joining

Really after reading everything i really and honestly think Nando is leaving and therefore suarez will need convincing of our capabities

Started off a v.good day for lpool fans.. now turning into a nightmare!

@LFCTransferSpec Reporter on LFCTV said he feels Torres will commit to LFC tomorrow live on LFCTV Matthew Smith

Torres has, indeed, told #LFC he would like to move to Chelsea. No formal transfer request. #LFC adamant he's not for sale.

@LFCTransferSpec Reporter on LFCTV said he feels Torres will commit to LFC tomorrow live on LFCTV Matthew Smith

Just as i suggested, to taunt Chelsea and make us look like c**ts and to give Liverpool FC a huge confidence boost. All part of a very crafty and nasty game.

See look

1. some people are saying he is commiting his future tomoz

2. others are saying he is going and handed ina verbal transfer request

nobody can believe anythin

i must be the only lfc fan that thinks its a good deal, say suarez does come even if nando goes, so we get 40mill plus sturridge, a very very good young english striker, that leaves us 17mill spare change on another really good player, so for the price of 1 world class striker who's head isnt in it anymore for maybe 2 world class players and a really good striker hopefully wanted to play their hearts out for the best club in the world, anyway look at shevchenko when he went to chelsea, pure ****, hopefully the same will happen lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back