Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
hope torres stays dont help our title rivals fernando

Like i say, you feel like that now but if he stays and starts scoring again the Torres tune will ring louder than ever in the Kop. Its just the way football is mate.

it's not the same mate,
i didn't even feel like this when Gerrard was leaving to go to Chelsea.

I feel sick. physically sick.
The bond at Liverpool between fans and players really is something special, and he's broke it.

Yes, we'll love him if he stays and carries on scoring, but it won't be the same, that bond won't be there. Like Gerrard, it isn't the same, a lot of Reds look at Carragher as Mr. Liverpool over Stevie.

Liverpool FC have confirmed that Fernando Torres has on Friday evening submitted a transfer request. The request has been rejected.

The Club said in a statement: "Fernando Torres tonight submitted a written transfer request, which has been rejected by Liverpool.
"Fernando is under a long-term contract and the Club expects him to honour the commitment he made to Liverpool FC and its supporters when he signed the agreement."

excellent statememnt from Liverpool may i say.
Basically tells Chelsea to **** off and that he is not for sale under any circumstance.
Whether they accept it or not, well thats a different story.

*rolls eyes*

Wonder where I've heard all this before? Oh yeah. The past two seasons up at Villa Park, that's where.

You'll get over it.

FERNANDO TORRES BID
Fernando Torres has told Liverpool that he wants to leave the club and the striker feels he has been "verbally intimidated". Full story: Daily Telegraph
Chelsea are to make a £40m bid for Torres, having had an initial bid of about £35m rejected, and will throw in young striker Daniel Sturridge as an extra. Full story: The Guardian
Alternatively, the Blues are preparing to make a British record £60m offer for the Spain international. Full story: The Daily Mirror
Times football editor Tony Evans says he believes Torres will join Chelsea before the transfer window closes on Monday. Full story: talkSport
Chelsea's proposed new deal for Torres will make him the club's highest-earning player. Full story: The Sun

bbc gosip coloumn

What a ******* day/night.After all this bullshit i cant even go to sleep,and i got work in the morning.Im constantly refreshing LFC.TV and SSN hoping Suarez joins even if Torres decides to leave.

Need to sip some tea...

*rolls eyes*

Wonder where I've heard all this before? Oh yeah. The past two seasons up at Villa Park, that's where.

You'll get over it.

Aye, we will. And we've sold better players too. More the way it's been done than anything else.

Aye, we will. And we've sold better players too. More the way it's been done than anything else.

Mmm, I know the feeling. It's the reason we've forgiven Milner but still hate Barry.

For all the tough talk coming out of Anfield right now (and they're right to do it), I fear it will come to naught. Player power is huge nowadays, and it is nearly impossible to stop a player who wants to leave doing so, unfortunately. That said, it seems that clubs are getting tougher: see Samba, as well as possibly Tevez and Rooney.

Im annoyed at all the hypocrites floating around the place suddenly...

About a week ago.. Loved him
Now... Hate him
If he stays... will love him again in 2 weeks

absolutely pathetic you cant blame the lad for wanting to move tbh he is not going to win anythin major anytime soon at liverpool is he

1. About a week ago I didn't think he was all for leaving.
2. Understandable considering at first sight he wants to leave.
3. Won't love him again, there will always be a chip in my shoulder.
4. Yes you can, he committed himself to a long term deal and wants to bail on it, he also praised how much the club and fans meant to him by saying he'd stay, the hypocrite is Torres.

Mmm, I know the feeling. It's the reason we've forgiven Milner but still hate Barry.

For all the tough talk coming out of Anfield right now (and they're right to do it), I fear it will come to naught. Player power is huge nowadays, and it is nearly impossible to stop a player who wants to leave doing so, unfortunately. That said, it seems that clubs are getting tougher: see Samba, as well as possibly Tevez and Rooney.
im still very interested in the why

Has he done it now becuase they have secured his replacement? Or was the Suarez deal too little too late?

Has he done it now becuase they have secured his replacement? Or was the Suarez deal too little too late?

I thought there were some rumours Suarez is pulling out if Torres is going too though? Guess we'll find out more tomorrow, but speculating is fun nonetheless XD

That is the question. I'd presumed it was to do with the Chelsea deal.

our statement leads me to believe he won't be going anywhere this window.
AND, if the club/fans really mean as much to him as he says they do, he won't mind staying an extra 6 months and helping us out

That is the question. I'd presumed it was to do with the Chelsea deal.
but that interest has been long standing, he could have made this happen last season, when the club would have been in a worse state to resist any move

Its starting to get really intresting (or frustrating if your a Liverpool fan). I said this from the off that i beleived the deal wont happen because i thought it was a kind of PR stunt on Liverpool's, Torres's, and Torres's peoples part to give the club a huge life when he turned around and said i want to stay here.

But i must say in the events that has happend tonight i am slowly changing my mind and it seems like this intrest of Torres to Chelsea in genuine. I still wont get my hopes up as it could still all come crashing down.

This is now intresting because its obvious the player wants to leave, Liverpool Football Club own the rights to Torres as he is their asset and they have every right to decide what they want to do with the asset. The club wants to keep Torres which is fine but its gets nasty because he clearly wants to leave the club.

The question is would the Liverpool fans who i admit i dont have much time for many but are arguably the most passionate fans in the country be happy to see a player wear that shirt who clearly wanted out. I feel this will run and run right until the deadline and we will all be on this thread at 23:59 proberly commenting on page 100.

Last edited by a moderator:
but that interest has been long standing, he could have made this happen last season, when the club would have been in a worse state to resist any move

Seems weird that he'd start picking some form up if he's been wanting the move all this time, really came out of the blue (No Chelsea pun intended.) Think it was too little too late, he's approaching his "peak" years, and I suppose he wants to be winning trophies rather than sitting around waiting for NESV's sustainable, long term plan. But then, the timing is awful, so I'm going with a mix of too little too late, and waiting around for a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back