Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
our statement leads me to believe he won't be going anywhere this window.
AND, if the club/fans really mean as much to him as he says they do, he won't mind staying an extra 6 months and helping us out
but he has himself to think about too

im still very interested in the why

Has he done it now becuase they have secured his replacement? Or was the Suarez deal too little too late?

Thats what I had in mind,but who knows.

Suarez deal isnt done yet and thats whats killing me softly right now.

Let him go, if he doesn't want to be here why keep him? Would rather he went abroad, but just get rid if he wants to go.

Seems weird that he'd start picking some form up if he's been wanting the move all this time, really came out of the blue (No Chelsea pun intended.) Think it was too little too late, he's approaching his "peak" years, and I suppose he wants to be winning trophies rather than sitting around waiting for NESV's sustainable, long term plan. But then, the timing is awful, so I'm going with a mix of too little too late, and waiting around for a replacement.
mmm true. NO CL last season apart from the dismal group stages, none this season, and most like none again, and all while he's at his peak age, cans see why he wants out, he goes to chelsea (or any elite club) he'll be playing CL footy this season

But i must say in the events that has happend tonight i am slowly changing my mind and it seems like this intrest of Torres to Chelsea in genuine. I still wont get my hopes up as it could still all come crashing down.

Thought you didn't want him?

The question is would the Liverpool fans who i admit i dont have much time for many but are arguably the most passionate fans in the country be happy to see a player wear that shirt who clearly wanted out.

No, obviously not.

Its starting to get really intresting (or frustrating if your a Liverpool fan). I said this from the off that i beleived the deal wont happen because i thought it was a kind of PR stunt on Liverpool's, Torres's, and Torres's peoples part to give the club a huge life when he turned around and said i want to stay here.

But i must say in the events that has happend tonight i am slowly changing my mind and it seems like this intrest of Torres to Chelsea in genuine. I still wont get my hopes up as it could still all come crashing down.

This is now intresting because its obvious the player wants to leave, Liverpool Football Club own the rights to Torres as he is their asset and they have every right to decide what they want to do with the asset. The club wants to keep Torres which is fine but its gets nasty because he clearly wants to leave the club.

The question is would the Liverpool fans who i admit i dont have much time for many but are arguably the most passionate fans in the country be happy to see a player wear that shirt who clearly wanted out. I feel this will run and run right until the deadline and we will all be on this thread at 23:59 proberly commenting on page 100.

Just the thought of him going to Chelsea makes my stomach hurt.

mmm true. NO CL last season apart from the dismal group stages, none this season, and most like none again, and all while he's at his peak age, cans see why he wants out, he goes to chelsea (or any elite club) he'll be playing CL footy this season

I have no doubt that Liverpool have got the right owners to get them back towards the top 4, but they're not (rightly so) looking for a quick fix. But how old is Torres going to be after that time? Can totally see where he's coming from, it's how sudden it all happened is what's most shocking.

To say you'll hate him if he leaves is ludicrous. He has been the one of the clubs best players for seasons, being our only goal threat, he has been loyal enough since he's been here, we haven't been succesful enough for possibly the best striker in the world, end of.

Thought you didn't want him?

No, obviously not.

When i said i didnt want him maybe i was looking at the fact that i like caining him. I also believed at the time that their was no way he would want to join Chelsea but i have since been proved wrong. If we get him i will be estatic of corse but if we dont i wont be dissapointed.

I have no doubt that Liverpool have got the right owners to get them back towards the top 4, but they're not (rightly so) looking for a quick fix. But how old is Torres going to be after that time? Can totally see where he's coming from, it's how sudden it all happened is what's most shocking.
Something must have happened (not just the Chelsea move) for him to suddenly change his mind in my opinion, what that is we're yet to find out. Thats it for me tonight, wonder what the papers/Torres/Liverpool/Chelsea will say tomorrow

look at the end of the day Liverpool is a massive club with or without Torres, if he leaves you will get over it of that i have no doubts and there will always be high caliber players wanting to play for liverpool football club.

To say you'll hate him if he leaves is ludicrous. He has been the one of the clubs best players for seasons, being our only goal threat, he has been loyal enough since he's been here, we haven't been succesful enough for possibly the best striker in the world, end of.

Very very honest of you mate.

Good post Godcubed. And yeah, can see where you're coming from with Barry. Torres had always given out that he'd be moving back to one of the European leagues after Liverpool - and if this was to, say, one of the Italian clubs, then there'd not be quite such a reaction. Still it seems money talks. Just wish he'd been a tad more honest just slightly over two weeks ago about his intentions for the future.

im still very interested in the why

Has he done it now becuase they have secured his replacement? Or was the Suarez deal too little too late?

Suarez wasn't a replacement for Torres. Different players - more complemental than anything. So might be the Suarez deal wasn't sufficient, I doubt he's dim enough to think the owners will be going loopy in this transfer window to bring players in.

Part of me hopes it's a Rooney situation - or even a Gerrard situation - new upgraded contract to soothe the disappointment of being denied a move.

But realistically, if Chelsea come back with the minimum figure they've been given since the summer in some way, shape or form (part-ex or whatever), I think he's gone. And he'll not be forgiven by many, in the same way Owen hasn't been forgiven for the way he ran his contract down to head off to Real Madrid (Macca was a slightly different case, so feelings tend to be a lot more diverse).

This is it for me, He could have easily forced a move in the summer, when the club were ina much worse state, but decided to stick around

If Torres leaves Liverpool will get 40+ is the figure we are hearing. Liverpool can still attract big name players, i mean they could even snap Aguero up for that because of his release clause.

If Torres leaves Liverpool will get 40+ is the figure we are hearing. Liverpool can still attract big name players, i mean they could even snap Aguero up for that because of his release clause.

I'd hope for over 40 tbh, there are a few clubs who'd be willing to pay it (Chelsea, City etc..). I reckon he'll leave in the summer and we'll be linked with every quality forward in every major league in Europe, then settle on Darren Bent for 35 million...

;)

I'd hope for over 40 tbh, there are a few clubs who'd be willing to pay it (Chelsea, City etc..). I reckon he'll leave in the summer and we'll be linked with every quality forward in every major league in Europe, then settle on Darren Bent for 35 million...

;)

I can't decide whether I would lambast or love Houllier for that kind of money. :P Market prices nowadays are crazy.

;)

Yer thats why i said 40+ because i think Sturridge may be included in the deal. I think it would suit Liverpool if he waited until the summer but it obviously wouldnt suit Chelsea nor the player himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back