Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yer thats why i said 40+ because i think Sturridge may be included in the deal. I think it would suit Liverpool if he waited until the summer but it obviously wouldnt suit Chelsea nor the player himself.

Just can't see a deal being done in the time left, this transfer window, especially seeing as we rejected his initial transfer request.

I come in from work to this entertaining piece of news, quite an interesting thread.

Can't think why he's done it other than for glory. Maybe he feels because Chelsea will definitely be in the Champions league next season (cant see them dropping below 4th whereas Pool have a hard task to get there), he has another crack at it with them. Assuming it is Chelsea he wants to go to.

Gutted for all the young Pool fans who idolize him though, if he does leave.

Heh, lots of Villans over on VillaTalk saying stuff along the lines of "Transfer Request in now? Poor scousers. Sounds just a bit familiar."

I'm interested to know: What would be Liverpool fans' best outcome from this now? Torres staying? Or do you of you now dislike him so much it's better he goes and you take the money?

Just can't see a deal being done in the time left, this transfer window, especially seeing as we rejected his initial transfer request.

Neither can i to be honest, infact i cant see it happening at all. But i think some people are forgetting he may want Champions League football straight away, lets not forget he can play in the CL this season still. Torres as we know is a player who loves playing in the CL, Pool crashed out early last season, are not in it this season and will struggle to be in it next season also. Maybe this has somthing to do with his decision.

I don't dislike him at all, I still love the guy, and always will (unless he joins the manc's). As long as he doesn't want to be here I do want him to leave though, players who play in a Liverpool shirt should want to, and should wear it with the upmost pride, why I love Reina, Carra, Stevie and Kuyt so much.

Neither can i to be honest, infact i cant see it happening at all. But i think some people are forgetting he may want Champions League football straight away, lets not forget he can play in the CL this season still. Torres as we know is a player who loves playing in the CL, Pool crashed out early last season, are not in it this season and will struggle to be in it next season also. Maybe this has somthing to do with his decision.

Any player would love to play in the CL each season. Torres had that when he first joined Liverpool - and everyone knows they will be back in that competition sooner rather than later. For Torres though, as you said, probably wants elite european football now. If he does go to Chelsea, will the fact he's played in Europa League stop him from being registered for the CL?

If he does go to Chelsea, will the fact he's played in Europa League stop him from being registered for the CL?

Nope, he can still play in the Champions League.

Any player would love to play in the CL each season. Torres had that when he first joined Liverpool - and everyone knows they will be back in that competition sooner rather than later. For Torres though, as you said, probably wants elite european football now. If he does go to Chelsea, will the fact he's played in Europa League stop him from being registered for the CL?

No, you can register 1 player that has played in a different European tournement so yes he could play in the CL this seasn for Chelsea. I think if you look at it from his view its that Liverpool arnt guarenteed a CL spot with now Spurs and City pushing for a top 4 spot. Realisticly its only Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea who will get CL football next season and maybe the next 2-3 years. Torres is 27 and not getting younger and will want to play in the best competitions.

No, you can register 1 player that has played in a different European tournement so yes he could play in the CL this seasn for Chelsea. I think if you look at it from his view its that Liverpool arnt guarenteed a CL spot with now Spurs and City pushing for a top 4 spot. Realisticly its only Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea who will get CL football next season and maybe the next 2-3 years. Torres is 27 and not getting younger and will want to play in the best competitions.

I'd say City are more likely to get it than Chelsea right now.

Also Torres is 26.

I'd say City are more likely to get it than Chelsea right now.

Also Torres is 26.

Yer maybe but there is still somthing about them that makes you think they will drop silly points and we all know Chelsea can very well go on a 5-10game winning run.

Another transfer saga beginning this season? Rooney > Tevez > Torres. Ridiculous. Player loyalty seems at a very big low recently.

If he wants to go, Liverpool need to sell him for big money. I don't even like Liverpool yet I still think the valuation of Torres is well close to £50 million. If they cash in on him and Suarez comes, they would have around £36 million left (including Babel money) to go last minute shopping. Perhaps pick up a winger and an LB with that and they'd be back in business. Ashley Young + Contreao perhaps? Then NESV can come in the summer and snap up Aguero or another strong striker to bolster the frontline.

Although I will have to say it - Torres in a Chelsea shirt will look weird.

I cant sleep, Torres coming to Chelsea, I wont get my hopes up but if thats true Drogba-Torres will be the most feared striker partnership in the world, I really hope we get him in this window, he is exactly the player we need who will get everyone's hopes up at the Bridge

Torres is a quality player who deserves CL Football and I doubt Liverpool (no offence intended) can give him that football next season, they are in a rebuilding process and to be fair Torres does not want to spend his prime years at a club which is still rebuilding and will only be back to is best after 2-3 years, I am anxious to see the papers tommorow and speculate more

Nando FTW

Confirmation Chelsea have had a 40Million bid turned down instantly by the liverpool owners and told the players is not for sale!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...from-Chelsea-for-striker-Fernando-Torres.html

and T Barrett on Twitter who represents a newspaper has also confirmed this

IMO Keep dreaming chelsea...

Also i think it proves how worried chelsea are with their current situation.. After rumours of bidding 52million for atletico pair... now 40-60million for torres and 20-30million on david luiz... obviously feel the current squad isant strong enough as abramovich has suddenly started to spend again or try to
'Keep Dreaming' HAHA seeing that hes just handed in a tranfer request mate. Keep with suarez and you Konschesky. SIT DOWN MATE.

Hopefully the board stay strong and keep him until at least summer

we sell now we wont have a chance to replace him with quality now...

then it could turn out just like rooney and tevez and he stays

But i can fully understand why he would leave i just dont want him too :P

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

'Keep Dreaming' HAHA seeing that hes just handed in a tranfer request mate. Keep with suarez and you Konschesky. SIT DOWN MATE.

any need for it?

would you have said it was going to happen then and besides he aint gone yet

rooney and tevez were identical and they never left still time to go

could u be a bit more polite, i dont see any Pool fans having a go at us and their best player may be leaving them so they have more reason 2

If I was Liverpool I would get every cent of a MILLION out of Chelsea and City, Sign Suarez sell Torres and in the summer get Aguero/Hunterlarr

If I was Liverpool I would get every cent of a MILLION out of Chelsea and City, Sign Suarez sell Torres and in the summer get Aguero/Hunterlarr

Problem with that is, if we sell Torres, it could very well be that we won't be able to attract the likes of Aguero and Huntelaar. Still need confirmation of the Suarez deal too. When I see that I'll feel a lot better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back