Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torres is miles better end of.
and sunderland buying muntari and sessegnon.. Lol yea world class players they are got united chelsea madrid and everyone after them :S

Yea...Suarez had all top clubs after him? :D And Charlie Adam is attracting intrest from Barcelona. LOL! Just because all top clubs are not after them doesn't mean they are not world class. Sessognon and Muntari might be more valuable and succeed better in the PL than Suarez.

Ps. Some weird lagg making the posts come 2x.

Yea...Suarez had all top clubs after him? :D And Charlie Adam is attracting intrest from Barcelona. LOL! Just because all top clubs are not after them doesn't mean they are not world class. Sessognon and Muntari might be more valuable and succeed better in the PL than Suarez.

Ps. Some weird lagg making the posts come 2x.

ermm yea suarez has been linked to top clubs for the past year plus eh can back it up being the top scorer on the planet last year.. and adam has shown in the prem league this year he is quality but im not on about adam..

muntari - portsmouth player who couldnt get into inter milan
sessognon - looks decent but in france.. awful standard

ermm yea suarez has been linked to top clubs for the past year plus eh can back it up being the top scorer on the planet last year.. and adam has shown in the prem league this year he is quality but im not on about adam..

muntari - portsmouth player who couldnt get into inter milan
sessognon - looks decent but in france.. awful standard

Muntari was a valuable player in Inter before Mourinho left. He is good. I dont know much about Sessegnon but he is fast and good enough for the prem.

Liverpool and Aston Villa have been intrested about Adam. SAF said he is atleast worth 10m pounds...but he is not intrested in him at all :D What does it tell you?

Suarez: Last season 35 goals in Holland...but in PL it's going to be alot less. Because it's not a top league. He still have to adapt and now with Torres request he is probly going there to play alone striker? Well..gl then.

'Keep Dreaming' HAHA seeing that hes just handed in a tranfer request mate. Keep with suarez and you Konschesky. SIT DOWN MATE.
grow up or get out, this thread has been great upto now

If Torres wants out then City should go for Him.

Tevez, Dzeko, Torres rotating with Balotelli playing wide... **** central |)

Suarez: Last season 35 goals in Holland...but in PL it's going to be alot less. Because it's not a top league. He still have to adapt and now with Torres request he is probly going there to play alone striker? Well..gl then.

For every Afonso Alves there's a Ruud Van Nistelrooy. We cannot say whether he's going to be good or bad right now, it is nearly impossible, so speculating like you are doing is worthless.

After a nights refection, I still genuinely feel sick.

If he wants to go then so be it, I say get on the phone to Sheikh Mansour, get a bidding war on the go and get as much as possible for him.

We've replaceed bigger and better players in the past than Torres and we'll replace bigger players in the future. No player is bigger than any club, let alone one of the biggest clubs in the country. There was a Liverpool before Fernando Torres and there'll be one after him.

Either way, thank you for the memories Fernando and all the best wherever you end up. I'm just a bit disappointed in the way that this has come about. Just please don't go to Chelsea :(

YNWA.

Last edited:
If Suarez had been signed 2 weeks ago I reckon Nando wouldn't have handed in a transfer request. I think perhaps he'd become frustrated and dismayed with FSG's procrastination in coughing up for Suarez, as did many LFC fans. He asked his agent to approach the board about the possibility of going to Chelski BEFORE the Suarez deal had been sorted out - maybe this forced FSG's hand into finally coming to terms with Ajax. I think they should look at themselves and the part they played in LFC arriving at this sad turn of events & learn not to **** about so much in the future. Just my opinion.

Ultimately though, I blame Dumb & Dumber for putting us so far behind the big hitters in the premiership financially, through their commercial neglect and business incompetence.

For every Afonso Alves there's a Ruud Van Nistelrooy. We cannot say whether he's going to be good or bad right now, it is nearly impossible, so speculating like you are doing is worthless.

Im not speculating...i just said that he wont score as much as in Holland. And i think everyone understands that. Only time will tell if he is going to be good or bad. He is a good player so i cant imagine him playing very bad. But if he is going to be one of the best PL strikers or just a PL striker among the others. It's impossible to know yet.

Only way I'd accept Torres back is if he signed a new deal without a huge pay rise.

Im not speculating...i just said that he wont score as much as in Holland. And i think everyone understands that. Only time will tell if he is going to be good or bad. He is a good player so i cant imagine him playing very bad. But if he is going to be one of the best PL strikers or just a PL striker among the others. It's impossible to know yet.

Exactly so by you saying he wont score as much is speculating.. no one knows anythin! ( Face palm )

If Suarez had been signed 2 weeks ago I reckon Nando wouldn't have handed in a transfer request. I think perhaps he'd become frustrated and dismayed with FSG's procrastination in coughing up for Suarez, as did many LFC fans. He asked his agent to approach the board about the possibility of going to Chelski BEFORE the Suarez deal had been sorted out - maybe this forced FSG's hand into finally coming to terms with Ajax. I think they should look at themselves and the part they played in LFC arriving at this sad turn of events & learn not to **** about so much in the future. Just my opinion.

Ultimately though, I blame Dumb & Dumber for putting us so far behind the big hitters in the premiership financially, through their commercial neglect and business incompetence.

You clearly have very little knowledge on how businesses work (my point being, a football club is still a business).

Business A (Selling club) want Amount X whereas Business B (Buying club) only want to spend Amount Z. Therefore, Negotiations have to take place. Add to that the fact you pay a premium for players in January, and that the Dzeko (£27 Million) and Bent (£25 Million?) transfers have over inflated the market, we've not done too badly. Ajax originally wanted around £30 Million for him, and we've got him at a cheaper price, and a younger player cheaper than Darren Bent.

So, no, I don't think any of the blame lies with FSG.

Point the blame at Hicks and Gillet.
and also Mr. Purslow - he did more damage to the club than most think

Grrr...ok, if you expect him to score 35 prem goals in a season then ok....but i really much doubt it.

im not saying i expect im saying no-one knows anythin.. just pointing out how you said you wernt speculating when quite clearly you were speculating

Grrr...ok, if you expect him to score 35 prem goals in a season then ok....but i really much doubt it.

Dzeko is unproven in the PL too, but I'm sure you think he'll score loads. Stop stirring things up, you don't know what he will do, look at Van Nistelrooy moving to the PL for example.

You clearly have very little knowledge on how businesses work (my point being, a football club is still a business).

Business A (Selling club) want Amount X whereas Business B (Buying club) only want to spend Amount Z. Therefore, Negotiations have to take place. Add to that the fact you pay a premium for players in January, and that the Dzeko (£27 Million) and Bent (£25 Million?) transfers have over inflated the market, we've not done too badly. Ajax originally wanted around £30 Million for him, and we've got him at a cheaper price, and a younger player cheaper than Darren Bent.

So, no, I don't think any of the blame lies with FSG.

Point the blame at Hicks and Gillet.
and also Mr. Purslow - he did more damage to the club than most think

You clearly have inside knowledge of the situation so I bow to your wisdom, but surely FSG were warned that the January transfer window is no time to drive a hard bargain - it's a seller's market after all. It's my contention that they should have started the horse-trading far sooner ie: we should have had reps in Amsterdam in the first week in January, not the last to get a deal for Suarez done.

If you read my post I DID blame Hicks & Gillett as the main cause of Torres' frustration.

Dzeko is unproven in the PL too, but I'm sure you think he'll score loads. Stop stirring things up, you don't know what he will do, look at Van Nistelrooy moving to the PL for example.

Lol...3 users flaming me for that. Im very disappointed. And i expect Dzeko to score many goals? No actually...i expect him to help the team. Scoring goals or whatever...

Yeh..it might be speculation then. But to me it's a fact...or when did someone score 35 league goals in a season in england?

....why am i wasting time writing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back