Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think it may be true with his agent handing it in late on purpose... i mean liverpool not signing meant torres would be pisse doff due to broken promises again... but they did and then the agent went and put it in anyway as he was thinking of money... has happened alot this year alreayd similare stories with agents

Have faith in him that video is strongly showing how we all feel

exactly the last two days has just been a shitload of speculation, with some of it turning out to be partially true

according to the twitter rumours he signed for chelsea an hour ago, sacked his agent and wants to stay at liverpool.

I honestly think it may be true with his agent handing it in late on purpose... i mean liverpool not signing meant torres would be pisse doff due to broken promises again... but they did and then the agent went and put it in anyway as he was thinking of money... has happened alot this year alreayd similare stories with agents

Have faith in him that video is strongly showing how we all feel

Ok, if this was the truth, wouldn't Torres have made a statement? or Liverpool claiming there was a mistake, or The agent gets sacked?

Stuff like this sounds like some people clutching at straws

On a personal note, i believe Torres wanted to come to Chelsea but saw the game today, and realised we were ***** too lol

Ok, if this was the truth, wouldn't Torres have made a statement? or Liverpool claiming there was a mistake, or The agent gets sacked?

Stuff like this sounds like some people clutching at straws

On a personal note, i believe Torres wanted to come to Chelsea but saw the game today, and realised we were ***** too lol

Statements arent made until everything is in place... LFC now weather torres handed it himself or his agent did that he has some explaning to do so getting the statement right is essential

as for chelsea today.... if he been watching the last 2 months he wouldnt be joining.. a couple of months wont change his mind if he did want to go to you

Statements arent made until everything is in place... LFC now weather torres handed it himself or his agent did that he has some explaning to do so getting the statement right is essential

as for chelsea today.... if he been watching the last 2 months he wouldnt be joining.. a couple of months wont change his mind if he did want to go to you

Yeah, you have a valid point. To be honest, the same thing happened with us and Gallas. He ended up leaving....Not the same kind of situation, but he was ******** behind the scenes. Robben as well.

We can all speculate i guess, we'll know for certain Tuesday, if not then, then Next September

My optimistic reading of this, is;

That Torres has grown fed up with the promises he was made in the summer and therefore submitted a transfer request. Lets face it the Suarez transfer has been dragging on somewhat a lot of people have been fed up with the seeming lack of activity, so he's probably been ****** off like the rest of us
Is he actually saying to the owners put up or shut up ? he has come out and said we need 4/5 really good players - I agree with this.
Does he actually want to go to Chelsea or are the media putting 2+2 together to get 18?
My reading, and I hope I'm right, is that Nando is putting pressure on FSG to bring in decent enough players to compete for the PL next season rather than in 4/5 years - surely that's what we all want ?

I think Nando does love the club and its supporters and is frustrated i.e. when he signed he believed we were on the way up, with what's happened since he arrived (think about it) its not exactly been smooth has it?

IMO Nando knows submitting a transfer request so close to the deadline knows full well it will be rejected, but reminds FSG that they need to put the finances in place to make us competitive again.

Now that, is the one hope I am clinging onto.

Last edited:

That Torres has grown fed up with the promises he was made in the summer and therefore submitted a transfer request. Lets face it the Suarez transfer has been dragging on somewhat a lot of people have been fed up with the seeming lack of activity, so he's probably been ****** off like the rest of us
Is he actually saying to the owners put up or shut up ? he has come out and said we need 4/5 really good players - I agree with this.
Does he actually want to go to Chelsea or are the media putting 2+2 together to get 18?
My reading, and I hope I'm right, is that Nando is putting pressure on FSG to bring in decent enough players to compete for the PL next season rather than in 4/5 years - surely that's what we all want ?

I think Nando does love the club and its supporters and is frustrated i.e. when he signed he believed we were on the way up, with what's happened since he arrived (think about it) its not exactly been smooth has it?

IMO Nando knows submitting a transfer request so close to the deadline knows full well it will be rejected, but reminds FSG that they need to put the finances in place to make us competitive again.

Hopefully your optimism isn't misplaced and this is true. What you have said does make sense but we'll have to wait and see if you're right

think i'll cling to that very same hope!

Sounds likely to be honest. Torres doesn't seem like a man who'd leave at the end of January to a rival club.

Sounds likely to be honest. Torres doesn't seem like a man who'd leave at the end of January to a rival club.
I agree with this. As i said before, he could have wanted and forced his way out when he had a stronger hand in summer. He's putting the pressure on the club to deliver in similar fashion to Rooney

I agree with this. As i said before, he could have wanted and forced his way out when he had a stronger hand in summer. He's putting the pressure on the club to deliver in similar fashion to Rooney

And there was far less optimism around the club in the summer too with H&G still in, doesn't make sense he'd suddenly decided to up and leave with new owners and a new manager.

Suddenly the last 3 hours ive gone from resigned to losing him to very confident he will be staying

swings and roundabouts for the next few days

On the other hand he is a mercenary, whome has left his home club citing easing the clubs economic plight and champions leauge football. Now as you already said Liverpool where on the up at the point of signing, now in decline his agent is mirroring previous pr moves that was made over his time at Athletico. I don't think he'll leave this transfer window, or will end up at Chelsea. Angling for a move to Madrid maybe in the summer? Yes they've just signed Adebayor on loan, but Torres was prolific in La Liga and is a home grown player.
I just don't think Torres likes the premier leauge (he has in the past said he finds it difficult to keep up with the pace), and the club he is with is not at the level he feels he should be at. This is in no way an attack on Liverpool, but I think he will be happier elsewhere.

Sources would of been added but all of the things mentioned are well known facts so don't see the need trolling through the "Torres to Chelsea" articles to find them

just seen this on one of liverpool forums

I got a email from a business colleague earlier who is a life long Chelsea fan (yes, even before Roman).

He was actually a close friend of Matthew Harding.

He reckons there is every chance that Anchelotti will resign if the Torres deal goes through. Apparently not happy about players being bought for him when he wanted to improve the defence in this window. Livid was the word he used.

He also stated that Fernando would be a great signing, but thinks Anchelotti is right, its not up front they need to buy.

well i think he wants to leave for champions league football and because of broken promises etc etc.
BUT he's a liverpool player, the fans love him and hes on his way to becoming a club legend, would he leave that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back