Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish SSN would stop making me **** my pants

"Breaking News

Whats been a bad day has now got worse....For spurs fans"

Thought it was going to be something about torres :|

Quite depressing and funny but lets counter that.

1. Playing with a world class squad not just 2 players
2. Playing under a current world class tried and tested manager
3. Playing Champions League football
4. A chance to add to his medel cabinet
5. A pay rise
6. Better training facilities
7. A captain he can understand
8. Playing with a target man who will take some load of him
9. Not playing with Lucas or Johnson!!!

Only have 9 but this is off the top of my head. All fun and games lets not forget lol.

There we go.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Surprised fergie hasnt said anything yet

Why?

There we go.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Why?
Usually tries to stir things but maybe once we know the outcome he will say something

A Liverpool player has labelled the Prozone stats of Chelsea target Fernando Torres as “laughable” and accused the want-away striker of playing for himself, according to the Daily Mail.

In a week in which Torres demanded the route be cleared for his Anfield exit, the un-named player also said the personality of the World Cup winner sometimes raised eyebrows at the training ground.

The source told the paper: “His efforts for the team this season under Roy Hodgson made everyone notice.

“His Prozone stats for some games were laughable for a Premier League striker.”

Torres, who reached the 50 goal mark in just 72 games for Liverpool, was forgiven for his selfishness as a result of his undoubted ability, according to the source.

“On the pitch he'd definitely play for himself rather than the team," the source said.

“Even the real pros like Stevie Gerrard and Jamie Carragher noticed it but when Torres is on top form you'd forgive him anything.”

The report goes on to say that Torres is self-absorbed and not loved by his team-mates in the same way compatriot Pepe Reina is.

“He has always been a complex character," the unnamed player added. "He is so naturally gifted he's always been totally self-absorbed.

“For the first year we'd put his quietness down to a lack of fluent English, but then he'd come out with something word perfect, which made you realise he understood what was going on all the time.

“He has always been admired by his team-mates, but not loved. He hasn't endeared himself in the way that Pepe Reina has, for example.”

The 26-year-old submitted a transfer request on Friday evening and is expected to complete a move away from Anfield by Monday if the Reds can thrash out a deal with Chelsea.
Carragher, surely.

A Liverpool player has labelled the Prozone stats of Chelsea target Fernando Torres as “laughable” and accused the want-away striker of playing for himself, according to the Daily Mail.

In a week in which Torres demanded the route be cleared for his Anfield exit, the un-named player also said the personality of the World Cup winner sometimes raised eyebrows at the training ground.

The source told the paper: “His efforts for the team this season under Roy Hodgson made everyone notice.

Torres, who reached the 50 goal mark in just 72 games for Liverpool, was forgiven for his selfishness as a result of his undoubted ability, according to the source.

“On the pitch he'd definitely play for himself rather than the team," the source said.

“Even the real pros like Stevie Gerrard and Jamie Carragher noticed it but when Torres is on top form you'd forgive him anything.”

The report goes on to say that Torres is self-absorbed and not loved by his team-mates in the same way compatriot Pepe Reina is.

“He has always been a complex character," the unnamed player added. "He is so naturally gifted he's always been totally self-absorbed.

“For the first year we'd put his quietness down to a lack of fluent English, but then he'd come out with something word perfect, which made you realise he understood what was going on all the time.

“He has always been admired by his team-mates, but not loved. He hasn't endeared himself in the way that Pepe Reina has, for example.”

The 26-year-old submitted a transfer request on Friday evening and is expected to complete a move away from Anfield by Monday if the Reds can thrash out a deal with Chelsea.
Carragher, surely.

Sounds like somthing Carragher would say. If he does join Chelsea i should imagine Carragher will put a few challenges next sunday.

Carragher, surely.
Bitchy.. sounds like theres more going on than meets the eye but obviously it might not be true! ;)

How's about this one as why he wants to go to Chelsea, and why now.....the reason Chelsea haven't sacked Ancelotti, easily their worst manager statistically, is that they have lined up a replacement already but he's not available now. That replacement is Pepe Guardiola, who has already stated that he won't be at Barca forever. Chelsea have told Torres of this plan but they know they must be in the CL next year to ensure it happens. Torres is required now to make sure they qualify for next years CL. Next season Chelsea becomes a Spanish oriented club with Guardiola at the helm.

Mad I know...Just a thought.

Sounds like somthing Carragher would say. If he does join Chelsea i should imagine Carragher will put a few challenges next sunday.

if it was carra it would of had "like" at the end of every sentence. its probably just something the paper made up, but if it was anyone it would probably be Babel.

How's about this one as why he wants to go to Chelsea, and why now.....the reason Chelsea haven't sacked Ancelotti, easily their worst manager statistically, is that they have lined up a replacement already but he's not available now. That replacement is Pepe Guardiola, who has already stated that he won't be at Barca forever. Chelsea have told Torres of this plan but they know they must be in the CL next year to ensure it happens. Torres is required now to make sure they qualify for next years CL. Next season Chelsea becomes a Spanish oriented club with Guardiola at the helm.

I stated a while ago infact when the rumours came out that Ancelotti had been sacked not long back that we wanted Guardiola as manager. I believe he only signs a year to year contract but i have heard from a top spanish jounelist Sid Lowe that when he does leave Barca he would like to take a sabatical from the game for a little bit. But Sid Lowe did say in a recent interview he had with Pep he stated his love of London and the possability of working their in the future. Most Chelsea fans would be ****** to see Carlo leave or get sacked but using Torres as bait to soffen the blow could be a possability.

But although i dont agree with this theory is it a great one and one that you could definatly see happening.

Hahaha that would be quite a turn around

I stated a while ago infact when the rumours came out that Ancelotti had been sacked not long back that we wanted Guardiola as manager. I believe he only signs a year to year contract but i have heard from a top spanish jounelist Sid Lowe that when he does leave Barca he would like to take a sabatical from the game for a little bit. But Sid Lowe did say in a recent interview he had with Pep he stated his love of London and the possability of working their in the future. Most Chelsea fans would be ****** to see Carlo leave or get sacked but using Torres as bait to soffen the blow could be a possability.

But although i dont agree with this theory is it a great one and one that you could definatly see happening.

Hahaha that would be quite a turn around

As I said. crazy I know but nowadays you just cant take anything for granted.

Carragher, surely.

Aye, that has to be Carra.

Im not saying Pools are poor but Chelsea's are more recent and more than likely more expensive.

Melwood was refurbished a couple of years ago, I doubt there's many training grounds more up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back