Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
World class surely means, the player would get into 99% of all teams in the world, or something like that. The term is used far too loosely. Anelka's not world class.

Pato is overrated but is certainly a very good player.

I heard Pato somewhere.

And I **** in my pants.

Pato is overrated but is certainly a very good player.

Ben I've agreed with everything you've said in this thread until now, Pato is not overrated, he is a proven goalscorer at the highest level at such a young age. If we signed him I think I would be as excited as when we signed Torres, although I can't see it happening tbh.

Just read this from someone:

All I have been told is that work is going on. As we all know whether it works or not is what will be judged. However silence does not mean we are not working.

If what I'm told is correct a few members of staff deserve a holiday come 11pm tomorrow.

Not sure what to make of that...

Well, judging from that last sentence, they're busting their balls convincing him to stay.
All depends where you heard this tbh.

Where the **** is Zeb can i just ask?

jesus, people who say anelkas not good should watch him. he might be a bit inconsistent but there's no doubting he has world class ability oO)

Agreed. He has and always will score goals where ever he is. He will always get a good reception at Eastlands. His goal and the defensive partnership of Dunne/Distin saved us from certain relegation for two seasons on the trot.

He will never give you the work rate of a Rooney or Tevez but he is a fantastic finisher and is a clever player. The N'Gog/Heskey comparisons are obviously said in jest i know but truth be told Anelka is a top class striker when in the right team.

Major LOL. Anelka is about as world class as my **** cavity.

In that case i would dearly like a stab at your **** cavity... Not world class but certainly very good. I'll have a bit of that XD

Ben I've agreed with everything you've said in this thread until now, Pato is not overrated, he is a proven goalscorer at the highest level at such a young age. If we signed him I think I would be as excited as when we signed Torres, although I can't see it happening tbh.

Don't get me wrong, I think he is a very good player and is only going to improve but I wouldn't want to fork 50/60 million out on him. When I've watched AC Milan (about 15 times over last season, and so far this) he has looked dangerous and is a good finisher although he loses posession too easily and misplaces passes a bit too often. Would obviously love him at the club at the right price, but as you said I can't see it happening.

Zebedee, we can see you're viewing the thread, so give us your insider knowledge ;)

Don't get me wrong, I think he is a very good player and is only going to improve but I wouldn't want to fork 50/60 million out on him. When I've watched AC Milan (about 15 times over last season, and so far this) he has looked dangerous and is a good finisher although he loses posession too easily and misplaces passes a bit too often. Would obviously love him at the club at the right price, but as you said I can't see it happening.

Oh right I didn't imagine we would pay that much for him, I think anything under £30m for Pato is a bargain, over £30 it's a massive risk. Obviously this will never happen but we can hope? ^^)

If Pato was up for sale surely Chelsea or City would have gone in for him?

Oh right I didn't imagine we would pay that much for him, I think anything under £30m for Pato is a bargain, over £30 it's a massive risk. Obviously this will never happen but we can hope? ^^)

You wouldn't pay that much for him. 35 Million tops I should imagine, although I can't see him leaving any time soon as he's obesessed with Milan.

Depends on the price really doesn't it, anything over 30 would be a massive risk for a club like us, we haven't got that sort of money to splash around on flops. I'd take him for under 30 though, yep, although I doubt Milan would let him go, and I doubt he join at the moment. Of course we can hope, I'm still hoping for Henry and Werner to convince Messi to run down his contract and join on a free. ;)

If El Nino does leave we should try and get fernando llorente torres, and give him number 9, so all the shirts can still be used!

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

he said before, if he were to leave ac milan, it would only be for barcelona...

Torres said something similar.

The price I heard was £28m.

Who knows Tottenham might even cough up some of the Pato fee...Would make their ECL tie a **** of a lot easier...

The price I heard was £28m.

What's your source? I don't see why Milan would let him go, especially not for a very small profit considering what the club have done for him.

Torres was very upset when leaving Kennys office at Melwood today.

His eyes were as red as his shirt.

You wouldn't pay that much for him. 35 Million tops I should imagine, although I can't see him leaving any time soon as he's obesessed with Milan.

He's currently touted as the most expensive young player of world. So 35m wouldnt be enought.

He's also fan favorite ahead of likes of Ibra, Robinho, Cassano. Fans would like to see those three gone ahead of Pato. Milan's finances are in good condition so there's no need to sell anyone from squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back