Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pato has said on many occasions that he would only leave AC Milan for Barcelona so if he sticks to his word then Liverpool etc have no chance.

Torres was very upset when leaving Kennys office at Melwood today.

His eyes were as red as his shirt.

I'm sure he feels very guilty, I can only imagine what the lad is going through, he put himself through it though and only has himself to blame.

Pato has said on many occasions that he would only leave AC Milan for Barcelona so if he sticks to his word then Liverpool etc have no chance.

Fernando Torres has said on many occasions that Liverpool is his English team and he'd never play for another team in England. Chelsea are an English team, guess he lied.

:'(

What's your source? I don't see why Milan would let him go, especially not for a very small profit considering what the club have done for him.

I don't have any sources, but I saw this at another forum.

"A very reliable source from Liverpool. They had already contact Milan for the 28 million rate star forward Pato to replace Torres. The Brazilian star has been placed on the bench on Friday match. All the personal terms completed and will undergo medical once Torres deal finalize. M’Vila will also join the reds if the starting eleven place is guarantee. A fee with 20 million wont off the mark. Meanwhile, Torres will decide whether leave or stay after today training in Melwood and an official statement will be issue shortly."

Calling the source a "very reliable source from Liverpool" is usually not a good sign. And the fact that it says Torres will make an announcement after his training session (which he hasn't) doesn't help either.
I'm gonna stay optimistic though.

Fernando Torres has said on many occasions that Liverpool is his English team and he'd never play for another team in England. Chelsea are an English team, guess he lied.

:'(
Im pretty sure he plays for Liverpool?

Right, Torres had a one to one meeting with Kenny earlier. If that doesn't persuade Torres to stay I don't know what will. He also had a conference call with John W Henry earlier after this meeting. Only time will tell if this all worked...

Right, Torres had a one to one meeting with Kenny earlier. If that doesn't persuade Torres to stay I don't know what will. He also had a conference call with John W Henry earlier after this meeting. Only time will tell if this all worked...

Can I just ask where you and the fellow pool fans are getting this info from or is it just rumours? I'm just curious to know cos I told my friend about some of the stuff said on this thread but didn't have a source to back it up.

Where is everyone getting these rumours from? Statements are only worth making unless you can link a source as verification, otherwise anyone can just make something up.

If anyone can persuade him to stay it'll be Kenny. Imagine we still had Woy in charge, he'd already be gone. XD

Im pretty sure he plays for Liverpool?

which team have made a bid for him, which has resulted in him handing a transfer request in? oO)

ohhhh, thats right. CHELSEA (K)

This.
I expect him to stay till the Summer at least, I expect him to have class and give NESV a proper transfer period to prove to him they mean business.
I mean, cmon, in an over inflated market they've signed Suarez for a pretty good price

which team have made a bid for him, which has resulted in him handing a transfer request in? oO)

ohhhh, thats right. CHELSEA (K)

This.
I expect him to stay till the Summer at least, I expect him to have class and give NESV a proper transfer period to prove to him they mean business.
I mean, cmon, in an over inflated market they've signed Suarez for a pretty good price
Ive said from the start he wont join us, we'll find out 2moro i guess

Let's remember people, we still need to accept an offer from Chelsea before we go anywhere.

Jak - ITK on RAWK.

N'gog > Nobody

don't even know how he's a footballer tbh

Says someone who's team plays in arguably the worst league I have ever seen?

I don't think they are asking Torres to stay at Liverpool for his contract, I think they'll be asking him to stay until the Summer so that they can survive and then they have time to find themselves a replacement..

To be fair to him, he's clearly a Liverpool fan and I honestly don't think that he is leaving for the money. I genuinely think that he knows he is entering his prime years and wants to be in a position where the squad is strong and he can challenge for trophies and personal awards, rather than spend his prime years at a club in a transition period, which is what Liverpool is at the moment.

He knows he's becoming more injury prone, so maybe wants to go to a team where he won't be relied on for goals as much so the pressure is relieved and the teams won't all go for him rather than the rest of the team. I genuinely think Liverpool is in his heart, but he is just putting himself first, which is fair play to the lad.

If I was a Liverpool fan, I wouldn't hold it against him. Maybe his timing could have been better, but I believe his motives are correct.

N'gog > Nobody

Seriously? He's very good at holding the ball up, has pace and has improved his strength and balance. His finishing is also improving rapidly, I reckon he's going to be a very good footballer in the future.

I don't think they are asking Torres to stay at Liverpool for his contract, I think they'll be asking him to stay until the Summer so that they can survive and then they have time to find themselves a replacement..

To be fair to him, he's clearly a Liverpool fan and I honestly don't think that he is leaving for the money. I genuinely think that he knows he is entering his prime years and wants to be in a position where the squad is strong and he can challenge for trophies and personal awards, rather than spend his prime years at a club in a transition period, which is what Liverpool is at the moment.

He knows he's becoming more injury prone, so maybe wants to go to a team where he won't be relied on for goals as much so the pressure is relieved and the teams won't all go for him rather than the rest of the team. I genuinely think Liverpool is in his heart, but he is just putting himself first, which is fair play to the lad.

If I was a Liverpool fan, I wouldn't hold it against him. Maybe his timing could have been better, but I believe his motives are correct.

Agree with the lot of this, fair play mate.

N'gog > Nobody

Haha tbh id rather have Ngog than ANY one from rangers and im being deadly serious

---------- Post added at 02:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

agree 100% and i only wish most liverpool fans would see this reasoning but honestly most fans are fickle and hypocritical...

This. His motives are for the right reasons, but his timing is awful, and the fact that it's Chelsea he's (could be) going to is why Liverpool fans are so angry.

Who's to say FSG won't do good in the summer though?
They've done right by us so far, i think Torres should have the decency to see what they can do in a proper transfer market, instead of jumping ship now.

I mean, cmon, apart from the FA Cup, realistically what are Chelsea going to with this year?

This. His motives are for the right reasons, but his timing is awful, and the fact that it's Chelsea he's (could be) going to is why Liverpool fans are so angry.

I'm more dissapointed than angry to be honest.

True he IMO should wait until summer then by all means go if he still wants too.. but three days until window shuts he hands in transfer request.. kinda puts us in the **** :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back