Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eurosport:
The Blues are preparing to smash the British transfer record with a £50m offer for Liverpool striker Fernando Torres say the Daily Telegraph while The Mirror say Chelsea will complete the £25m capture of Benfica’s Brazilian centre-half David Luiz by the 11pm deadline.

i hope these are both trueeee (A)

just heard that too. Liverpool have said they Chelsea will have to pay £50 million to get Torres.

Get excited if you want Liverpool fans; This is from the most trusted ITK on RAWK...

Just posting what I've heard and believe to be true:

Adam - final offer of £10m made last night and Blackpool aware it is the final offer
Young - Offer of £20m made but Villa reluctant to sell
Torres - wants to stay now - had grown disallusioned with the progress made in signings in the window and also with the managerial situation - he wants Kenny to have it full time. Liverpool have shown Torres who they are interested and he now believes progress will be made under NESV.
Finally.... I've seen people speculate that Comolli is in Madrid, this I believe to be true. He is in talks with Athletico regarding Aguero
They are the irons in the fire so to speak so hopefully 1 of the signings will happen.

Get excited if you want Liverpool fans; This is from the most trusted ITK on RAWK...

Adam - final offer of £10m made last night and Blackpool aware it is the final offer
Torres - wants to stay now - had grown disallusioned with the progress made in signings in the window and also with the managerial situation - he wants Kenny to have it full time. Liverpool have shown Torres who they are interested and he now believes progress will be made under NESV.
Finally.... I've seen people speculate that Comolli is in Madrid, this I believe to be true. He is in talks with Athletico regarding Aguero
They are the irons in the fire so to speak so hopefully 1 of the signings will happen.

i will love if we can pull all this off today

So Torres literally doing a Rooney. Worried about the future ambition of the club so asked to leave, but has been convinced otherwise now after speaking with the manager etc. Stupid agents..

Aguero one is BS imo. Aguero will leave Atletico in the summer IMO, not in January.

Young won't leave unless we get stupid money. Houllier's not stupid enough to buy a star player and then sell all the star players around him and disillusion the fans in the process.

...is he?

hmmm. we'll just have to wait and see. Only rumours circulating between the journo's is Young and Adam. Personally think we've fed them the 'Torres can go for £50M' line to give them something to talk about.

Alex, don't spose you could link me to that page could you?

So Torres literally doing a Rooney. Worried about the future ambition of the club so asked to leave, but has been convinced otherwise now after speaking with the manager etc. Stupid agents..

It's kinda rude and arrogant if you ask me.

He's basically saying that he's much better than anyone else on the team and that the club won't make any progress unless they replace all the terrible footballers that are there with world class players.

It's kinda rude and arrogant if you ask me.

He's basically saying that he's much better than anyone else on the team and that the club won't make any progress unless they replace all the terrible footballers that are there with world class players.

To be fair, if you replaced Paul Konchesky with Philipp Lahm...

He has a point.

To be fair, if you replaced Paul Konchesky with Philipp Lahm...

He has a point.

Sure, but what about players like Kuyt and Lucas?
They play their hearts out every weekend and do their best, then Torres comes along and says they need to be replaced for players of his caliber. This certainly doesn't have a good effect on the morale and motivate the players to get good results, does it?
Obviously, Liverpool could have better players, but they should be replaced in time and for the right reasons, but not in a rush because of Torress' player power.

Torres is my favorite player of all time, but I think Liverpool should get rid of him.
Not because he "stabbed every Liverpool fan in the back with wanting to go to Chelsea", but because of the reason I just mentioned, he thinks he's better than everyone else, and acts as if he can't play alongside them.

Sure, but what about players like Kuyt and Lucas?
They play their hearts out every weekend and do their best, then Torres comes along and says they need to be replaced for players of his caliber. This certainly doesn't have a good effect on the morale and motivate the players to get good results, does it?
Obviously, Liverpool could have better players, but they should be replaced in time and for the right reasons, but not in a rush because of Torress' player power.

Torres is my favorite player of all time, but I think Liverpool should get rid of him.
Not because he "stabbed every Liverpool fan in the back with wanting to go to Chelsea", but because of the reason I just mentioned, he thinks he's better than everyone else, and acts as if he can't play alongside them.
To be honest this what was promised to him two seasons ago. And the club has gone back on its words in his eyes. Loyalty goes two ways

Torres is at Melwood getting ready for training.
Surely, if a deal had been agreed/was close to being agreed, he wouldn't be,
don't wanna risk him getting an injury

LFC have removed images and video featuring Fernando Torres from their welcome and home pages

Kenny in his press conf just said ''club is bigger than one player'' and all Torres images and videos removed from the LFC wesbite.

Think he's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back