Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Suarez was 23million ish and the only real difference is Carrol has played in the Premier League this season.

I am sorry, if you dont know the way the deadline day works, but the world kinda goes crazy

Except that Suarez has had an incredible goal-scoring ratio for several years now and has been excellent for the national team. He's a proven performer. Carroll has had half a good season in the Premiership. Big difference.

But I suppose that since Carroll is English, he must be much better.

And what do you guys think? Since the Carroll and Adam bids fell through, does this mean Torres stays?

If I were Liverpool I'd get rid of Torres...50 million is a lot for one player and if wisely spent could more than make up the difference. But mainly his behavior hasn't been acceptable. Get rid of him.

Except that Suarez has had an incredible goal-scoring ratio for several years now and has been excellent for the national team. He's a proven performer. Carroll has had half a good season in the Premiership. Big difference.

But I suppose that since Carroll is English, he must be much better.

I never suggested Carroll was better in anyway, Carrol is 22 and scored goals for the last 18 months now..? Suarez is better no doubt, but Carroll has played in the Premier league.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Where'd you hear that?

BBC live deadline day...

Sky Reports that Torres has left Melwood by Helicopter, Destination Unknown

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

1234: Various reports suggesting that Liverpool have also failed in a bid for Bayern Munich striker Mario Gomez. All quiet on the Charlie Adam front.

Sky Reports that Torres has left Melwood by Helicopter, Destination Unknown

London bound.

And those of you criticising Carroll for £30m. Give me that over Darren '£24m' Bent anyday.

Bye Bye Torres ! Liverpool better hurry, they need to sign a suitable replacement ..

Scott said:
Reports saying Mario Gomez enquiry made by Liverpool as a possible replacement for El Nino
Where'd you hear that?

won´t happen anyway. bayern is having a quite horrible season and gomez is the only one doing fine so far, additionally the other striker are on long term injuries wich leads to a situation where bayern would risk a CL participation. the possible loss of money[unable to get an alternative for MG in less than 24h] would have to be covered by liverpools bid wich generates a compleatly unreasonable bid...
hopefully LFC don´t agree

phpGf6TfQ_thumb_108634252.jpg

off him go

Chelsea fans: who would you prefer, Torres or Aguero?

I think it's a tough call: Aguero is younger, and more importantly, hasn't been injury prone recently. Torres is proven though in the Prem, and we don't know how well Kun would adapt. I'm sure he'd be a great Premiership player but he might need time to settle in, and Chelsea can't afford to give him that time. The race for 4th is too close. So I'd go with Torres. I do think that Kun is a better, more well-rounded player. I think if Torres loses his pace due to injuries, he'd be a lot worse.

I would LMAO off if Chelsea gives 50M for Torres, and then he got injured, that would be a massive fail ..

Thought Chelsea were offering £40m + Anelka.. Anelka is good enough to play for Liverpool.

Chelsea fans: who would you prefer, Torres or Aguero?

I think it's a tough call: Aguero is younger, and more importantly, hasn't been injury prone recently. Torres is proven though in the Prem, and we don't know how well Kun would adapt. I'm sure he'd be a great Premiership player but he might need time to settle in, and Chelsea can't afford to give him that time. The race for 4th is too close. So I'd go with Torres. I do think that Kun is a better, more well-rounded player. I think if Torres loses his pace due to injuries, he'd be a lot worse.

Its a tough one really, Aguero is younger and less injury prone but Torres is a proven goalscoring machine in the PL.

Loving the random pikeys behind the reporter at Melwood, it's almost as if they've never seen a camera before..

Last edited:
i thoguht torres said he never wanted to leave. i guest loyalty is dead in the modern game.

Ok the first thing to **** me off has happend about this transfer now. They are showing all 7 of Torres goals against Chelsea on SSN lol.

How official is this guys? Especially since the Carroll and Adam deal fell through and haven't heard anything about Suarez recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back