Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of good news for Liverpool..

Konchesky has just joined Forest on loan.

Kenny in his press conf just said ''club is bigger than one player'' and all Torres images and videos removed from the LFC wesbite.

Think he's gone.

Think Kenny saying that is a sly little message to FT saying stuff like this won't be tolerated.
He also said that the statement issued on Friday still stands.

The images and videos removed will just be precautinary.
If a deal had been agreed, I don't think Kenny would not tell us, he'd let us know.

keep the faith.

Think Kenny saying that is a sly little message to FT saying stuff like this won't be tolerated.
He also said that the statement issued on Friday still stands.

The images and videos removed will just be precautinary.
If a deal had been agreed, I don't think Kenny would not tell us, he'd let us know.

keep the faith.

Myabe Kenny doesnt know...? ;)

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Reports saying Mario Gomez enquiry made by Liverpool as a possible replacement for El Nino

Myabe Kenny doesnt know...? ;)

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Reports saying Mario Gomez enquiry made by Liverpool as a possible replacement for El Nino

God I hope not. Gomez plays like a woodentop. Can't get in the Bayern first team & whenever I've seen him turn out for Germany he's basically played ****. We can certainly do better than him.

God I hope not. Gomez plays like a woodentop. Can't get in the Bayern first team & whenever I've seen him turn out for Germany he's basically played ****. We can certainly do better than him.

Beggars cant be choosers on the deadline day

I for one, am resigned to losing Torres. We've supposedly put a bid in for Andy Carroll and give Blackpool a final offer for Charlie Adam.

a bid of £30 Million for Andy Carrol supposedly, what a joke.

Go for Aguero, or Forlan....

hmmm. we'll just have to wait and see. Only rumours circulating between the journo's is Young and Adam. Personally think we've fed them the 'Torres can go for £50M' line to give them something to talk about.

Alex, don't spose you could link me to that page could you?

Lol...That would be some investment of money to spend if they come off..Have they getting a borrow of Man City...Liverpool haven't got that type of money...Unless they sell Torres and give Kenny the £50mil, I mean they have just spent nearly £23mil on Suarez..
So where the money coming from????
I mean that would be at least 68and a half mil with Aguero being 38.5 --cant see it...

I read on ESPN (I know, not a good source) that Newcastle rejected a 30 million quid bid for Andy Carroll...now I'll admit I don't watch much Premiership, but in what world is Andy Carroll worth more than 30 million??????

Lol...That would be some investment of money to spend if they come off..Have they getting a borrow of Man City...Liverpool haven't got that type of money...Unless they sell Torres and give Kenny the £50mil, I mean they have just spent nearly £23mil on Suarez..
So where the money coming from????
I mean that would be at least 68and a half mil with Aguero being 38.5 --cant see it...

Gringott's Bank.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

I read on ESPN (I know, not a good source) that Newcastle rejected a 30 million quid bid for Andy Carroll...now I'll admit I don't watch much Premiership, but in what world is Andy Carroll worth more than 30 million??????

There's no way FSG will fork out that sort of wedge for a player whose only come to the fore this season - that's why they're bawking at Adam's over-inflated asking fee.

Really not sure why people are complaining about Carroll for £30m, he is English so there is a premium and also he has been prolific this season. Him with Suarez and a winger up front would be lethal.

There's one man you can blame for this mess and the high prices being quoted.

Fernando Torres.

There's no way FSG will fork out that sort of wedge for a player whose only come to the fore this season - that's why they're bawking at Adam's over-inflated asking fee.

Yes he is. He completly fits the profile of what FSG are after. Young. Resale value. Would fit in well.

Last edited:
Yes they can - & LFC aren't beggars.

On Deadline day, you can't pick and choose, you have to go for people who are available or pay over the odds. So Gomez wouldnt be the worst choice, You need a replacement for torres, no question, so you are kinda beggars.

He there is. He completly fits the profile of what FSG are after. Young. Resale value. Would fit in well.

I disagree - he COULD fit in well. £30 mil is far too much to take a gamble with. He's a rough diamond who'll POSSIBLY become a class act. For £30 mil we need a proven performer over several seasons, at the highest level.

FSG didn't get where they are by speculating with the big bucks on possible flash in the pans.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

On Deadline day, you can't pick and choose, you have to go for people who are available or pay over the odds. So Gomez wouldnt be the worst choice, You need a replacement for torres, no question, so you are kinda beggars.

Boo sucks yah, Scotty.

I disagree - he COULD fit in well. £30 mil is far too much to take a gamble with. He's a rough diamond who'll POSSIBLY become a class act. For £30 mil we need a proven performer over several seasons, at the highest level.

FSG didn't get where they are by speculating with the big bucks on possible flash in the pans.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Boo sucks yah, Scotty.

But Suarez was 23million ish and the only real difference is Carrol has played in the Premier League this season.

I am sorry, if you dont know the way the deadline day works, but the world kinda goes crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back