Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
And of course Chelsea are playing brilliant this season...NOT!!!!!
2 more years and Chelsea will be mediocre at best...And Torres will want to leave as well...So enjoy him while it lasts...

ha yer dream on. 2 more years, the old players will be gone and in its place will be more class players because we still have abramovich.
but if believing that makes you feel better mate, then you keep believin it ;)

Who's to say he wasn't tapped up. He made a statement in January that made it took like he wanted to stay and help out then all the sudden bang an offer comes in. How did they know he would be available. Seemed like a strange offer to me. But anyway only the people inside the deal know.
okay now you're just allegding things without any basis. this wasnt the first enqiury from chelsea about torres. they enquired in the summer, and were given a prohibitive figure to meet. so like i said it was coming

And of course Chelsea are playing brilliant this season...NOT!!!!!
2 more years and Chelsea will be mediocre at best...And Torres will want to leave as well...So enjoy him while it lasts...

We had a bad patch but before that people were tipping us for the league after 10games!!

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

Am i the only one who thinks tapping up should be allowed??

We had a bad patch but before that people were tipping us for the league after 10games!!

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

Am i the only one who thinks tapping up should be allowed??
yes you are, but he wasnt tapped it, chelsea enquired in the summer

okay now you're just allegding things without any basis. this wasnt the first enqiury from chelsea about torres. they enquired in the summer, and were given a prohibitive figure to meet. so like i said it was coming

Too tired, too confused, too annoyed and too excited to debate at the moment in all honesty. I'm not match fit.

For you pool fans.

It appears your first game will be at Stamford Bridge on Sunday against Liverpool.

It is like the destiny. It is not perfect for me but we will see what happens and I only have good words about Liverpool. They made me a top player and gave me the chance to play at the top level. I will never say anything bad about Liverpool, I have been very happy there, but now the history is different and I am playing for Chelsea. If I have the chance to play I will do my best for Chelsea and hopefully I can score.

Bastards.

Edit: Nah, couldn't really blame Chelsea for trying. I actually kinda saw it coming when Liverpool's form dipped like nothing before. £50m well spent, Drogba and him are going to be an unbelievable strikeforce.

Last edited:
Chelsea just bought 2 very powerful and skillfull players. Chelsea did the best deals yesterday IMO.
Liverpool also did good deals but the time will tell if Caroll and Suarez succeed.

Chelsea just bought 2 very powerful and skillfull players. Chelsea did the best deals yesterday IMO.
You're having a laugh. Personally if Liverpool didn't spend sooo much money on Carroll, I'd say they did the best deals. Chelsea have basically just got a slightly better 50mil version of RvP IMO.

You're having a laugh. Personally if Liverpool didn't spend sooo much money on Carroll, I'd say they did the best deals. Chelsea have basically just got a slightly better 50mil version of RvP IMO.

Torres is still one of the best strikers in the world and it's a huge loss for Liverpool. Caroll was bought for twice the sum he is worth.

And Chelsea got a 23-year old Brazil international central defender. Who could be soon the worlds best CB.

ManU are going to face chelsea twice this season....i really think these signings will mean that ManU aren't going to finish unbeaten. Honestly...if the season started now i think Chelsea would be stronger than ManU. But ManU are going to win because they have a pretty good lead.

Torres, Aug 3rd 2010

This is the best club in the country so the targets and expectations are always high. I am really happy to be back, really happy to stay with all my team-mates. My commitment and loyalty to the club and to the fans is the same as it was on my first day when I signed. I am looking forward to the challenge ahead.

Torres, Jan 31st

"It's always very tough to play against Chelsea - one of the biggest teams in Europe, always fighting for everything.
"This is the target for every footballer - to try to play for one of the top clubs in the world and I can do it now. I have to be very, very happy as I am."

Everything changes so quickly..

I'm disappointed, I'm sure every 'Pool fan out there is. He served us very well and was a top player in his prime for the club. Not a bad word to say about him. Wish him all the luck in the world at Chelsea.

He's now a blue he was a red Torres! Torres!
He's left The Kop to join The Shed Torres! Torres!
He used to go out on the rob
But now he's got a proper job
Fernando Torres Chelsea's new number nine!
They thought he'd always be a red Torres! Torres!
You'll never walk alone he said Torres! Torres!
They bought the lad from sunny Spain
He scored a few then grew a brain
Fernando Torres Chelsea's new number nine!

(H) :wub:

Chelsea - Well, for one they would be right back in the title race and have a real shot at the Champions League again. Personally, I felt they were never out of it but the psychological impact that comes with a signing like this is huge for the fans and the players in the squad. Also, as an opposition defender going against Didier Drogba and Fernando Torres, I wouldn't be getting much sleep the night before.

Well, I was expecting this, but as I said before, Alex's sig resumes it all . Torres in about one month lost his love for Liverpool? Right when the club was starting to get on his feet .. Wish him all the best in his new home , but a move like this always hurts the fans, and he surely did that ..

Torres for CFC official site:

It is like the destiny. It is not perfect for me but we will see what happens and I only have good words about Liverpool. They made me a top player and gave me the chance to play at the top level. I will never say anything bad about Liverpool, I have been very happy there, but now the history is different and I am playing for Chelsea. If I have the chance to play I will do my best for Chelsea and hopefully I can score.

...so no hard feelings for him,he did so much good for us and he probably got tired of waiting for champions league and title race( who can blame him)..on the other side we got almost 60m euros and that is more than he is worth (but same thing with carrol 35m???)...anyway just dont score against us like u score agains chelsea :P

I'm sorry, for those that say ''no hard feelings''

The man ****** us about big time, made a mockery of us. He's never the same Fernando Torres for me. He can rot in a steaming sack of ****.

Chelsea's new No. 9: Fernando Torres

And for Pool Fans who are hating him, I think he showed a great deal of loyalty in rejecting a move this summer but in the half season he did stay with u guys, the old owners got managers like woy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back