Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he said he is staying because he didn't think there would come any offer. Now there is an offer...so he is considering it. Anyways...he is not a Chelsea player till there is an official announcment ;)

But this came so late so i dont think he will move...time will tell.

*Crazy thought time*

Could this be a ploy from Torres and his agents etc to basically get the owners to write some cheques for some players? Showing that he would consider leaving unless investment is made.

Told you it was crazy, just trying to cover all the possible options here.

*Crazy thought time*

Could this be a ploy from Torres and his agents etc to basically get the owners to write some cheques for some players? Showing that he would consider leaving unless investment is made.

Told you it was crazy, just trying to cover all the possible options here.
thats outlandish thinking there, him using this to put pressure on the club to finally deliver on old promises

He wont leave, the guy who said that torres wants to leave couldnt even get his information correct. He said that Torres didnt have a release clause, when he does, its £50m

First off, I think 40m is a good price to get for torres, even if he was on form. But only to a foreign club, like barca. If our aim is to get back in the top 4, and eventually challenge for the league once more, we can't be selling players of torres' calibre to title contenders.

Secondly, 50m bid for aguerro & godin, 25m for luiz, 40m for torres. Yet again it just shows chelsea are a small club with a big wallet. They spend **** loads, win a few titles, then this season don't spend, do **** and go splashing more cash. They can't compete without spending 50m+ a season, they're as bad as city.

Pathetic club.

First off, I think 40m is a good price to get for torres, even if he was on form. But only to a foreign club, like barca. If our aim is to get back in the top 4, and eventually challenge for the league once more, we can't be selling players of torres' calibre to title contenders.

Secondly, 50m bid for aguerro & godin, 25m for luiz, 40m for torres. Yet again it just shows chelsea are a small club with a big wallet. They spend **** loads, win a few titles, then this season don't spend, do **** and go splashing more cash. They can't compete without spending 50m+ a season, they're as bad as city.

Pathetic club.
You haven't been massively spending, and haven't done great and now you have to get your wallet out quite substanially just to get back to level terms, so lets keep the somewhat bitter comments of out this

Danyul, jealousy is a horrible thing. you will be wise to read transfer history of Chelsea. Last season they spent very little and won the double.

Although I agree that are squad is on the thin side in terms of strength in depth, the logic in this is laughable.

Barca wanted and got David Villa in the summer. Shows they are weak and needed reinforcements.

So you think use are going to challenge for the league with your current squad?

Didn't think so.

Didn't think so.
easy to say that in hindsight, everyone made them clear favourites at the beginning of the season...

Didn't think so.

Seeing as Chelsea were about 5? points clear at one stage, I think many thought they were going to win the league.

You haven't been massively spending, and haven't done great and now you have to get your wallet out quite substanially just to get back to level terms, so lets keep the somewhat bitter comments of out this
Liverpool can't afford to spend 50m, 40m, 25m etc. It's just not possible, so that comparison is irrelevant. Chelsea don't look around for good deals, for the right players. Abramovich just goes out and throws ridiculous money at big names. Just like City.

Danyul, jealousy is a horrible thing. you will be wise to read transfer history of Chelsea. Last season they spent very little and won the double.
That made my day hahaha. Sure we haven't won anything for a while and i'd love to be winning the title, but to say a liverpool fan would be jealous of chelsea is absolutely ridiculous. We're a much bigger club than them (and so are teams like newcastle, arsenal). They didn't do **** before abramovich.

easy to say that in hindsight, everyone made them clear favourites at the beginning of the season...

There were people saying Liverpool would win the league at the start of the season...

There were people saying Liverpool would win the league at the start of the season...
oh give over, we both know its not even the same thing, so lets not waste time arguing this.

everyone back to the topic at hand and enough of the bitter comments. wont say again

Chelsea were faveorites at the start of the season no doubt in most peoples mind.... but they had such an easy start in fixtures they seemed to get over confident and then when hard fixtures came they faulted

i still think all these theories are aload of rubbish... if you believe all these you will be disapointed...

Chelsea were faveorites at the start of the season no doubt in most peoples mind.... but they had such an easy start in fixtures they seemed to get over confident and then when hard fixtures came they faulted

i still think all these theories are aload of rubbish... if you believe all these you will be disapointed...
not to mention injuries, loss of form to key players and behind the scene issues...

It'll be interesting to see if chelsea come back with another offer

Liverpool can't afford to spend 50m, 40m, 25m etc. It's just not possible, so that comparison is irrelevant. Chelsea don't look around for good deals, for the right players. Abramovich just goes out and throws ridiculous money at big names. Just like City.

That made my day hahaha. Sure we haven't won anything for a while and i'd love to be winning the title, but to say a liverpool fan would be jealous of chelsea is absolutely ridiculous. We're a much bigger club than them (and so are teams like newcastle, arsenal). They didn't do **** before abramovich.

Idiot! Clear jelousy....i bet all (ok maybe not all but many) Liverpool fans would like an own Sheikh. Who would spend 100million every year on players.
But now when you dont have one you blame other clubs for having one. I have read Liverpool forums and everyone crying there that NESV aren't offering enough for Suarez and other players.

People even hoping that a rich owner would take over. So dont say that you wouldn't like your own owner to spend much just because your current owner aren't doing so. I know you wish Liverpool would be a huge spending force.

I hate people complaning about City spending when most would like it to happen to their supported team.

Last edited:
My opinion its a ploy to get liverpool board to start getting the players in or im off. I fully believe torres would go threw with it too.
we all know the 35m offer isn't enough and laughable especially being the january market and the fact liverpool need to build again not fall further so the board won't let it happen. unless 55m+ is offered as every player has a price.
Remember nesv are investors not sheiks they will try to get the best price for any deal and I'm pleased we have a team who is doing this.

Interesting. Ancelotti just said the "club is doing everything in their power to improve the squad", and the press have to "ask the club" about the Torres bid. Sounds to me he doesn't have control over player recruitment at all

Interesting. Ancelotti just said the "club is doing everything in their power to improve the squad", and the press have to "ask the club" about the Torres bid. Sounds to me he doesn't have control over player recruitment at all
He doesnt, it was one of the things he was openly unhappy about months back

Orrrr maybe it's because the board are handling the transfer negotiations.

Status
Not open for further replies.