Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought CJACKO's sources would've told him this! I mean, it's like Yoda being able to sense subtle feelings, but missing a ******* army of stormtroopers!

You can blame them both in my opinion. Though they both had the right to what they did. Thats not to say liverpool fans shouldnt be angry though

Yes, they had the rights to do it. So was Tevez, Rooney to put in transfer request. And we all know how both were treated/abused. It is not about having right to do it, it is about choosing the moment to do it.

He would have done that in Summer so that Liverpool could have had all the time in the world to choose their targets. For all his loyalty talks, this was very classless act.

All in all i'm glad he is gone now. He has been very lazy this season and he only put in a real performance against Chelsea (wonder why? <)). You could argue he held us back by not even trying. But now we have a younger and more passionate striker to take his place in Andy Carroll who will actually try and play for the club.

okay now you're just allegding things without any basis. this wasnt the first enqiury from chelsea about torres. they enquired in the summer, and were given a prohibitive figure to meet. so like i said it was coming

Actually, Ambramovich went out to South Africa last summer had had a quiet word in the ear of both Torres and his representatives, surely that counts as tapping up no? Also, the speed of which he agreed a deal last night is strange, took about half an hour!

For you pool fans.

It appears your first game will be at Stamford Bridge on Sunday against Liverpool.

It is like the destiny. It is not perfect for me but we will see what happens and I only have good words about Liverpool. They made me a top player and gave me the chance to play at the top level. I will never say anything bad about Liverpool, I have been very happy there, but now the history is different and I am playing for Chelsea. If I have the chance to play I will do my best for Chelsea and hopefully I can score.

:'(

lol, its amazing to see how Pool fans have reacted, after being their hero for 4 seasons and after many of them pledging that they will always be behind him, everyone has suddenly turned on him, i tried to be polite but Pool are in no position to challenge for trophies and i doubt they ever will be in 2-3 years time, Torres was selfish cos he wants to further his own career not to keep listenning to all the Pool fans say that their time will come blah blah blah

Admit it, he deserves CL football and Trophies and Liverpool cant give him that

Actually, Ambramovich went out to South Africa last summer had had a quiet word in the ear of both Torres and his representatives, surely that counts as tapping up no? Also, the speed of which he agreed a deal last night is strange, took about half an hour!

:'(
there was an actual enquiry beforehand made to liverpool who told them to meet the figure if they wanted a deal. If he had been tapped up, they would have made more of this, especially since chelsea have a suspended ban

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

lol, its amazing to see how Pool fans have reacted, after being their hero for 4 seasons and after many of them pledging that they will always be behind him, everyone has suddenly turned on him, i tried to be polite but Pool are in no position to challenge for trophies and i doubt they ever will be in 2-3 years time, Torres was selfish cos he wants to further his own career not to keep listenning to all the Pool fans say that their time will come blah blah blah

Admit it, he deserves CL football and Trophies and Liverpool cant give him that
well i'd be pretty annoyed too if i was a liverpool fan.

there was an actual enquiry beforehand made to liverpool who told them to meet the figure if they wanted a deal. If he had been tapped up, they would have made more of this, especially since chelsea have a suspended ban

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

well i'd be pretty annoyed too if i was a liverpool fan.

look u honestly feel his mindset changed so much in the space of 3 weeks, I am wiling to bet my Xbox that he wanted to leave all along but would not do anything drastic unless he was confirmed of Chelsea's interest in him, albeit we made a move for him a bit late but thats when he took his cue and told everyone he wanted to go to Chelsea, again he even remained with Pool despite us making enquires about him the previous summer which showed incredible loyalty, its not his fault ur owner goes and appoints a manager like woy and wastes another season where hardly any growth has been made, i highly doubt he just made that decision..... either way we gave u 50m which u foolishly went to spend on Caroll, I would have taken Suarez and Sturridge or Anelka and invested the 50m in the summer but apparently LFC did not want either of them

I think i would have been annoyed too but not 2 the point of constantly slagging him off like that, he did a great deal for the club, I doubt many of them remember that he had no choice but to leave, its hardly as if he hates Pool'

I think i would have been annoyed too but not 2 the point of constantly slagging him off like that, he did a great deal for the club, I doubt many of them remember that he had no choice but to leave, its hardly as if he hates Pool'

It is not even surprising that many Liverpool supporters are slagging him off. We did the same when Tevez signed for City and even for the day we do it. He helped us in winning double, then ****** off to smaller club than us. In the same way Liverpool supporters have every right to hate him. As much as Torres did to liverpool, even Liverpool did to him. He was good yound player at atletico, and only at Liverpool he became prolific and one of the best in the world.

It is not even surprising that many Liverpool supporters are slagging him off. We did the same when Tevez signed for City and even for the day we do it. He helped us in winning double, then ****** off to smaller club than us. In the same way Liverpool supporters have every right to hate him. As much as Torres did to liverpool, even Liverpool did to him. He was good yound player at atletico, and only at Liverpool he became prolific and one of the best in the world.

Torres did much for Liverpool, u cant blame him for wanting to win trophies and playing CL Football at this stage of the career, loyalty is always looked upon highly, but ultimately its the players u think of their careers before anything else who are remembered

lets see if Torres did stay at Pool for the next 2-3 years---

- I doubt he would have won any trophies
- He would have been loved by the Liverpool fans for his loyalty but would not have played CL football probs
- His prime would have gone and he probably would move back to Spain after 3-4 years
- He would always be remembered as a player who had the talent but an immense amount of bad luck due to injuries, being at a club which had a spectacular fall from the heights
- He would probably never have done as much as his talent deserved

Atleast he was open and did not try to extort money from Liverpool, he tried to stay loyal to the club in the summer but the club let him down by their failed managerial signing of Roy, under Daglish they look to grow but Torres does not have the time to wait for more years before Liverpool can play CL football again

I think Suarez + Carroll will make a better strike force, skill + strength, both young and exhuberant.

He's had his best years in the Prem, I don't think he'll be the same player after his injuries kept on having pops at him last year.

To be fair, Tevez was treated differently by United than Torres was by Liverpool. The club always wanted Torres to stay (until he decided he didn't want to).

Torres did much for Liverpool, u cant blame him for wanting to win trophies and playing CL Football at this stage of the career, loyalty is always looked upon highly, but ultimately its the players u think of their careers before anything else who are remembered

lets see if Torres did stay at Pool for the next 2-3 years---

- I doubt he would have won any trophies
- He would have been loved by the Liverpool fans for his loyalty but would not have played CL football probs
- His prime would have gone and he probably would move back to Spain after 3-4 years
- He would always be remembered as a player who had the talent but an immense amount of bad luck due to injuries, being at a club which had a spectacular fall from the heights
- He would probably never have done as much as his talent deserved

Atleast he was open and did not try to extort money from Liverpool, he tried to stay loyal to the club in the summer but the club let him down by their failed managerial signing of Roy, under Daglish they look to grow but Torres does not have the time to wait for more years before Liverpool can play CL football again

This is what Torres said on the Roy.

I really appreciated the fact that Roy came out to see me while I was on holiday. He told me about his plans for the club and what he wanted from me and I appreciated that. I hope he will be the right man to reach the targets of Liverpool Football Club and I am really looking forward to working with him.

And I'm not saying he should have moved to Chelsea but the timing of the move ****** Liverpool.

I love some people using the excuse that Liverpool wouldn't be in the champions league as an excuse for why Torres left. It really is quite something considering that Chelsea this season are having a hard time keeping up. Another bad spell from Chelsea, and Tottenham or Sunderland could easily pinch 4th spot. And not to mention, in 2 years time, if Chelsea doesn't comply with the new UEFA finacial rules, they won't be allowed to compete whatever there position. Spending £50million isn't going to help that either.

It's sad to see his liverpool career end like this. Hopefully he'll be remembered for the memorable goals he gave us and not for the way he went out.

Good luck to him in the future, but I think he'll regret going to an aging chelsea team that have once again proved that they can only buy success, and not earn it.

The Drogba - Torres partnership won't last long. Drogba will be back in France in 2 years probably.

I honestly think Torres will only be in England for at most another two years as well.

heard a rumour there's a clause in the transfer deal which means he can't play against Liverpool, hence why the deal took so long to go through cause they were still sorting out the ins and outs of it. Anyone know of any truth in this?

Doubt it would be true. Guess the lengthy talk was due to the transfer fee then the medical and personal terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back