Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
heard a rumour there's a clause in the transfer deal which means he can't play against Liverpool, hence why the deal took so long to go through cause they were still sorting out the ins and outs of it. Anyone know of any truth in this?

I don't think thats allowed to be included in a contract haha, I know you can do it if they're on loan... You can't exactly be cup-tied in the premier league either.

****! I was planning playing with Liverpool on Fm 2011, but without Torres, i think i'm playing with an another team.

Still want him now?;)

Yer i suppose he would be a decent backup player.

I thought CJACKO's sources would've told him this! I mean, it's like Yoda being able to sense subtle feelings, but missing a ******* army of stormtroopers!

Actually me sources said the deal would happen, i just didnt think it would happen. Funny man.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

heard a rumour there's a clause in the transfer deal which means he can't play against Liverpool, hence why the deal took so long to go through cause they were still sorting out the ins and outs of it. Anyone know of any truth in this?

Nope not true. He is available to make his debut on Sunday.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Que "Enter the Drogba" comments ;)

Even some Pool fans were agreeing with me in the summer that he could do with a target man to take some of the load of him.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

He's a ****.

/Fin.

So is Joey Cole, atleast we gave you some money for Torres.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

A few for the terrace to chose from:

They thought he'd always be a red... Torres, Torres,
You'll never walk alone they said... Torres, Torres,
They bought the lad from sunny Spain,
He scored a few then grew a brain,
Fernando Torres, Chelsea's number 9!

The scousers thought he was a Red... Torres, Torres
Till Chelsea came and turned his Head...Torres, Torres
Even with their "history",
he'd Rather play for CFC,

He's now a Blue, he was a red... Torres, Torres
He's left the kop to join the Shed... Torres, Torres
He used to go out on the rob,
but now he's got a proper job

‎''We sorry for the things we've said,TORRES TORRES,
please understand we hate the reds TORRES TORRES,
the half a girl was just a joke,
we now think your a cracking bloke,
FERNANDO TORRES CHELSEA NUMBER 9''

I must say, I like the last one. We have a few like that as well! All fun and games ;)

I like the one with he wanted to play with frank instead of steve. Hopefully the one about their history or the last one get going.

I've heard something funny people have been saying

"Torres made an effort to learn the history of Liverpool just before he signed, something for which he was praised for. He won't have the same problem had Chelsea however, considering they have no history"

:D

‎''We sorry for the things we've said,TORRES TORRES,
please understand we hate the reds TORRES TORRES,
the half a girl was just a joke,
we now think your a cracking bloke,
FERNANDO TORRES CHELSEA NUMBER 9''

Haha love the last one. We were singing ladyboy outside melwood last night :')

I can't help thinking that Chelsea are going for the wrong Liverpool player. What they need (as Obi Mikel is a terrible, terrible player) is someone who can anchor them defensively, retain possession and be generally quick around the field. Someone fairly experienced, but still young, with European and international experience. They need a top-quality midfield linchpin to allow Lampard and Essien to attack. Only one man fits the bill, TBH.

What Chelsea need is Christian Poulsen.

They can have him - he's only had one good game for us this season.

I've heard something funny people have been saying

"Torres made an effort to learn the history of Liverpool just before he signed, something for which he was praised for. He won't have the same problem had Chelsea however, considering they have no history"

:D

lol, nah he will remember it because he was actually alive when we were successfull.

Torres cud end up like what happend wiv michael owen so liverpool fans we have to take this on the chin

But the player stressed: "I only have good words about Liverpool. They made me a top player and gave me the chance to play at the top level.
"I will never say anything bad about Liverpool. I have been very happy there but now the history is different and I am playing for Chelsea."
Torres, who scored 81 goals during his spell on Merseyside, risked further annoying fans of his former club when he told Chelsea TV: "I am joining a team that is at the top level. There is not another level after Chelsea.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/9383615.stm

Torres cud end up like what happend wiv michael owen so liverpool fans we have to take this on the chin

Completely agree bruv.

Liverpool got good money, he is a good striker and 50million is a lot of money.

Then they went and spent 35million of that on Carroll. Shocking.

Happy he's gone as we need someone who wants to play for the team and will work hard for the team like Carroll and Suarez. Although I spent all morning ripping up my gigantic torres poster and throwing away 4 Liverpool shirts which had him on the baxk and one was my \Lucky shirt aswell :(

However:
Reina's Long Kicks + Carrols Flick on + Suarez one on one = Orgy

To be honest Carroll for 35m is an absolute joke. However Liverpool getting 50m for Torres who has knackered knees and has been off-form for a while is a good trade.

I understand the way to -not- move club is to say you will stay until the end of the season then leave in January, but that is the way of football these days. If I was a football player I'd just say I give 100% every game, but if a better offer comes along I might just take it. I don't think people mind players lacking loyalty if they play like demons, are are just that talented (i.e. Ronaldo).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back