Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to one leading tabloid Chelsea are selling 9 times more Torres shirts than shirts for the rest of the squad put together in the last forty-eight hours!

Good to see we are earning our money back on the transfer and his wages lol.

Adios to Liverpool he said, he said
**** the Kop cuz he prefers the Shed, the Shed
For he is Chelsea's record buy,
He'll keep the blue flag flying highhhhhhhhhhh
FERNANDO TORRES, Chelsea's number 9

lol one of the more extreme songs found

Fernando Torres you can still play in red
Fernando Torres but just for Spain instead.

I liked that bit

In a drunken thinking session somthing come up. Chelsea have always been a physical side and maybe its another reason Torres wanted to join Chelsea. As people know Torres seems abit lightweight in the challenge and playing for a side that get involved in alot of tough challenges it may keep him out of them. I am absolutely buzzing about Sunday. Chelsea will not lose.

In a drunken thinking session somthing come up. Chelsea have always been a physical side and maybe its another reason Torres wanted to join Chelsea. As people know Torres seems abit lightweight in the challenge and playing for a side that get involved in alot of tough challenges it may keep him out of them. I am absolutely buzzing about Sunday. Chelsea will not lose.

Aaand that's another one for the CJACKO quote database. ;) My word, but the Premier League will be absolutely cacking themselves with laughter if you lose.

Aaand that's another one for the CJACKO quote database. ;) My word, but the Premier League will be absolutely cacking themselves with laughter if you lose.

lol, quote it if you like. Even if Torres dosent feature (although he will) i would be confident of beating them. Alot of fans on here are saying Liverpool are playing alot better recently but they fail to see Chelsea's recent results. Liverpool have a shocking record at the Bridge and i fully expect that to carry on.

lol, quote it if you like. Even if Torres dosent feature (although he will) i would be confident of beating them. Alot of fans on here are saying Liverpool are playing alot better recently but they fail to see Chelsea's recent results. Liverpool have a shocking record at the Bridge and i fully expect that to carry on.

They may have a bad record but they did stop your unbeaten record ;) For some reason I hope Liverpool win, then hopefully celebrate in front of Torres :P. Should be a feisty game imo that may not flow as much as people like if there are a lot of tackles flying in.

They may have a bad record but they did stop your unbeaten record ;) For some reason I hope Liverpool win, then hopefully celebrate in front of Torres :P. Should be a feisty game imo that may not flow as much as people like if there are a lot of tackles flying in.

Tackles flying in on Torres* XD

Torres: I'm an Atletico fan, I never kissed the Liverpool badge

"I never kissed the Liverpool badge. Never. No. No. I never did. I see some players doing that one week after joining a club, but the romanticism in football has gone. It's different now. People are coming and leaving." The shirt is a uniform not a skin.

"I only want to score goals and do my job. When I was born in Madrid, I was not a Liverpool fan or a Chelsea fan. I was an Atletico fan. I still am. They're the only badge I will kiss.

"I understand the fans will be angry. I am a fan of Atletico and couldn't understand when some of the top players left. Football is like this: from one day to another, people love you and then hate you."

Stressing he will not celebrate if he scores tomorrow, Torres resented the "Judas" and "traitor" jibes. "That makes no sense. I played three very good seasons at Liverpool, left massive money there, lots of goals, good performances."

His disillusionment with life at Liverpool has been deepening for some time.
"It was the last two years maybe, especially with the old owners [Tom Hicks and George Gillett]. I realised at the start of the season that expectations weren't so high.

"People were talking about Liverpool winning the Premier League or finishing in the top four, but the club has to go slowly. I could see from the beginning we were in the relegation zone.
"It's been a very tough season. Liverpool's progress has not been the best, they've had problems with the old owners and are in a difficult moment, but I helped the team and did my job all the time. When the new owner, John Henry, came and brought his team with him, the club was moving in the right direction. But they will need time while I'm at my best age to play football now.

"I took the decision to leave Liverpool because I heard about Chelsea's interest. When you have a chance of winning the Champions League and the Premier League, competing with the best, you can't say no. In life sometimes there are trains that come your way only once and you have to take that train.

"I was lucky to be involved in the Spanish team winning the European Championship and the World Cup, but I want to win at a club. Most of my Spanish team-mates have won all the trophies in the last two years. This is an ambition of mine. When I'm 40, I'd like to look back and see pictures of me as a champion.

"Chelsea were pushing hard for me and I really wanted to leave Liverpool, so I told them straight. I explained my situation, my feelings, and was honest with everyone – face to face. That was maybe 10 or 12 days before the window closed."

The personal involvement taken by Roman Abramovich in the deal particularly impressed Torres. "The owner made a big effort to buy me. The value of the players is going down at the moment, but he paid big money for me because he has confidence in me."

The fee did not trouble Torres. "Ronaldo signed for Real at 100 million [euros], so anything can happen."

Abramovich's enduring commitment delighted Carlo Ancelotti. "I asked just for Fernando and David Luiz," said the Chelsea manager, "and the owner was able to buy both. In the January window it's not easy to buy important players like Fernando and Luiz. The club did a fantastic job to do this."

Torres clearly required little convincing. "I know the plans, the ambitions for the future," continued Chelsea's new No 9.

"I want to be involved in that future: building a great team, keep competing with Man United, Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham, fighting to be the biggest club in England and the best in Europe. I have to think about my career. It's a step forward, everyone agrees."

Being a pragmatist, Torres would have stayed. "I was under contract and, if no one wanted me, I'd have played happily. Obviously, Liverpool didn't want me to leave. I told them I wasn't going to change my mind. So they tried to get the best money and a replacement. I had to wait until the last few minutes of the window to sign for Chelsea."

"I'd like to play against Carra because he's a top player," said Torres. "I like playing against the best, as I liked to play against John Terry and Rio Ferdinand. I'm expecting a hard game. I know Carra's a big Liverpool fan. As a footballer, I'm sure he understands my decision. I'm sure he wanted me to stay, but it's the same as when I was playing for Liverpool, it was a big disappointment for me when Xabi Alonso or Javier Mascherano left Liverpool. I understood why they did it, for a new life. Plenty of my ex-team-mates have congratulated me for this move.

"Stevie G was one of the first who called me and supported me, hoping the best for me maybe because he was in that situation once [flirting with Chelsea]. He's been a very good friend and team-mate from the first to the last."

Gerrard, Carragher and the Liverpool fans encounter their old friend tomorrow. "I won't be nervous," said Torres.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...o-fan-I-never-kissed-the-Liverpool-badge.html

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

And we have Torres "THE LIAR"

236094698.jpg

To be fair to Nando, I don't think he did kiss the badge, think he used to bite it and hold it in his mouth, not kiss it.

But I could be wrong.

He Kissed the badge mate. I remember it when he scored the opening goal at Anfield which they won 2-0.

In the last three seasons, 1 win each and a draw.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

YouTube - Chelsea FC - Fernando Torres Song

This is god-awful...Shame on Chelsea

He Kissed the badge mate. I remember it when he scored the opening goal at Anfield which they won 2-0.

He has said before that he loved Liverpool, doesn't matter if he kissed the badge or not, he still said he loved it.

He has said before that he loved Liverpool, doesn't matter if he kissed the badge or not, he still said he loved it.

It doesn't matter. I was just pointing out to his quote.

I don't know how much he loved Liverpool.

"I never kissed the Liverpool badge. Never

When I was born in Madrid, I was not a Liverpool fan or a Chelsea fan. I was an Atletico fan. I still am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back