Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is Cole wasn't getting his new contract, Torres got his.

Cole was offered a new contract at Chelsea and told by Ancelotti he was wanted numorus times. But he signed a contract with Liverpool for an extra 10k a week.

Never made this much of a fuss when CHELSEA FAN Joe Cole left us to join Liverpool. I was dissapointed but got over it quickly. Never wished him an injury etc etc.

Jeez, you are comparing average winger to one of the best striker in the world.

Cole was offered a new contract at Chelsea and told by Ancelotti he was wanted numorus times. But he signed a contract with Liverpool for an extra 10k a week.

1st team football at Liverpool. [Shame about his injuries, could prove a useful player for us :/]

Come on man. If your clubs best player moves to another premier league club mid way through the season whilst your team is struggling, you would not respect him. What would have been wrong for Fernando to step up and try his absolute best and save their season and then leave in the summer? I suppose the lad doesn't have the bollocks to actually try so he'd rather just get more money at a club where if he doesn't do too well, other players will still score

How can he be sure Chelsea will be ineterested in him during the summer if he gets injured the rest of the season

If you get an offer from a club in the CL, you won't tell them

Hey lads I got some unfinished business here at Liverpool but I love to join you in the summer and hope you guys will still want me if I don't do well in the rest of the season

Plus he left Pool with enough time to find decent replacements, dont see a problem with that

Joe Cole is/was not an average winger at all. He was up there with Lampard and Terry for popularity because of his link with the Chelsea fans. At Chelsea Joe Cole was not average at all.

Does not matter, he was still a good player for us and we let him go peacefully without insulting him or wishing he gets injured

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Stamford Bridge is falling down,falling down,falling down,
Stamford Bridge is falling down,poor old Torres.
Build it up with red and white...........

thats god awful, something for the nursery kids

Joe Cole is/was not an average winger at all. He was up there with Lampard and Terry for popularity because of his link with the Chelsea fans. At Chelsea Joe Cole was not average at all.

He might be popular but when he left he was just an average player.

On the other hand Torres was one of the best striker in the world and key player for Liverpool.

I would have acted same way had Rooney left and joined league rival on the other hand i wouldn't if Brown, O'shea left in search of first team football.

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Does not matter, he was still a good player for us and we let him go peacefully without insulting him or wishing he gets injured

You should be knowing the difference in both transfers.

Ex. We had no problem with Ronaldo but we hate Scum Tevez.

How can he be sure Chelsea will be ineterested in him during the summer if he gets injured the rest of the season

If you get an offer from a club in the CL, you won't tell them

Hey lads I got some unfinished business here at Liverpool but I love to join you in the summer and hope you guys will still want me if I don't do well in the rest of the season

Plus he left Pool with enough time to find decent replacements, dont see a problem with that

No that's not what he would say. If he had any decency he would say "Sorry, I feel it would be horrible to go against the club that has supported me over the years and I would rather stick with them for the time being and help them".

@CJACKO - I'm not being funny.. but surely you'd be more upset if John Terry or Frank Lampard went to Manchester United than someone like Joe Cole. Yes, Joe Cole was popular, but you always knew you could replace him with someone better if he left, that isn't really the case for Liverpool.

On the other hand Torres was one of the best striker in the world and key player for Liverpool.

I would have acted same way had Rooney left and joined league rival on the other hand i wouldn't if Brown, O'shea left in search of first team football.

What and Torres hasnt been average for Pool?? Like i said Joe Cole was loved by the Chelsea fans the same if not more than the Pool fans loved Torres simple as that.

in a indirect way u are comparing Joe Cole to Brow and O'Shea

Joe Cole was massively popular with us and we were sad he left, he is no Torres but if Sunderland fans can go after Darrent Bent so badly for leaving I am pretty sure we have every right to go after Joe Cole, we let him go peacefullly and worst of all we did not do disgusting things like wishing him injuries

Love how Torres went from signing a five year deal to a transfer request in a matter of months.
And that he said about 2 weeks before his transfer request that he wanted to stay and help move the club forward, or something.

Torres wants to win medals simple as that.
Well why didn't he leave in the summer then, a conveniant time for everyone? He won't be winning a medal at chelsea this season.

What and Torres hasnt been average for Pool?? Like i said Joe Cole was loved by the Chelsea fans the same if not more than the Pool fans loved Torres simple as that.

Had average season but nothing worse than Cole's last season for Chelsea.

Torres was the KEY player for Liverpool. How hard is this to understand.

At the time he did not know that Chelsea were interested in him, when he knew Chelsea were then he submitted a transfer request and he left u enough time to get replacements and a massive pile of cash

That makes it okay then, obviously...

No that's not what he would say. If he had any decency he would say "Sorry, I feel it would be horrible to go against the club that has supported me over the years and I would rather stick with them for the time being and help them".

@CJACKO - I'm not being funny.. but surely you'd be more upset if John Terry or Frank Lampard went to Manchester United than someone like Joe Cole. Yes, Joe Cole was popular, but you always knew you could replace him with someone better if he left, that isn't really the case for Liverpool.

Liverpool replaced Torres with 2 very promising players. Ask most Chelsea fans and they will tell you Joe Cole was up their in terms of popularity with Lampard and Cole. The only Chelsea shirt i have with a player name on the back is who... thats right number 10 joe cole.

no most Pool Fans seem to think Suarez is better than Torres if u flip through some of the posts, btw we have been through this, Torres was in his prime, Liverpool were going ahead and it would take time but Torres did not have the time, even 6 months can be costly when ur in ur prime and most Pool fans dont realise that

in a indirect way u are comparing Joe Cole to Brow and O'Shea

Joe Cole was massively popular with us and we were sad he left, he is no Torres but if Sunderland fans can go after Darrent Bent so badly for leaving I am pretty sure we have every right to go after Joe Cole, we let him go peacefullly and worst of all we did not do disgusting things like wishing him injuries

Brown and O'shea are as popular among United fans, but we wont hold against them if they decide to leave.

Darren Bent was KEY player for Sunderland much like Torres was for Liverpool.
Cole was part timer when he left Chelsea.

And that he said about 2 weeks before his transfer request that he wanted to stay and help move the club forward, or something.

Well why didn't he leave in the summer then, a conveniant time for everyone? He won't be winning a medal at chelsea this season.

He still has a better chance of winning a medal at Chelsea than Liverpool :P

Cole was still a good player, just because he was not our best player does not mean we were not sad he left, how hard is that to understand (K)

He has more chance of winning medals at Chelsea than Liverpool simple as that.

Joe Cole was out injured all last season. Also has been a KEY player for Chelsea since 2003.

Brown and O'shea are as popular among United fans, but we wont hold against them if they decide to leave.

Darren Bent was KEY player for Sunderland much like Torres was for Liverpool.
Cole was part timer when he left Chelsea.

Lol at Cole being a part-timer, do u even watch football, Cole was in our first-team till he got injured and after that he found it hard to get back cos we were banging in 7 goals in one match, he was just unlucky but ur telling me he was not good enough for us anymore imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back