Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Cole was out injured all last season. Also has been a KEY player for Chelsea since 2003.

Oh that is rubbish. Don't be so ridiculous. Cole was hardly ever a key player, not in the same way Bent was for Sunderland. Bent was their main goalscorer, their talisman and their leader. Joe Cole is a utility forward with a propensity for the spectacular. If you'd said Drogba, Terry or Cech, I'd agree with you. Joe Cole, no way.

He still has a better chance of winning a medal at Chelsea than Liverpool :P

He has more chance of winning medals at Chelsea than Liverpool simple as that.
Unfortunately, that's true. But like I said I can't see it this season. Title gone, champ's league is well, Barca's to lose. He could've left in the summer, and I think more fans would have accepted it. What they don't accept is him leaving us 6 ******* hours to find a replacement. As a result we had to pay 38m for an unproven player simply because clubs knew we would have to panic buy. Though chelsea are just as much to blame, since they had the money to make the bid on january 1st. Just pure disrespect.

Oh that is rubbish. Don't be so ridiculous. Cole was hardly ever a key player, not in the same way Bent was for Sunderland. Bent was their main goalscorer, their talisman and their leader. Joe Cole is a utility forward with a propensity for the spectacular. If you'd said Drogba, Terry or Cech, I'd agree with you. Joe Cole, no way.

Like i say Joe Cole had more ties with Chelsea and their fans than Torres did with Liverpool simple as that. Thay just cant get round their head that top players want to leave the club because its a new expirience.

Joe Cole was not a Key Player agreed

but that does not mean we did not feel sad when he left

Lol at Cole being a part-timer, do u even watch football, Cole was in our first-team till he got injured and after that he found it hard to get back cos we were banging in 7 goals in one match, he was just unlucky but ur telling me he was not good enough for us anymore imo

I'm not telling he was not good enough for you, he was not KEY player. So you were not bitter when he left.

Liverpool hopes were all on Torres, so they have every right to be bitter about this move.

Unfortunately, that's true. But like I said I can't see it this season. Title gone, champ's league is well, Barca's to lose. He could've left in the summer, and I think more fans would have accepted it. What they don't accept is him leaving us 6 ******* hours to find a replacement. As a result we had to pay 38m for an unproven player simply because clubs knew we would have to panic buy. Though chelsea are just as much to blame, since they had the money to make the bid on january 1st. Just pure disrespect.

Champs league is not Barca's to lost at all. Knockout football needs masses of luck. Inter Milan were not the best side in Europe last season Barca was but look what happend their. I would prefer to play Barca over 2 legs than a side managed by Mourinho. Chelsea have a great chance of winning the CL this season and with the inclution of Torres we have made our chances a little better.

I'm not telling he was not good enough for you, he was not KEY player. So you were not bitter when he left.

Liverpool hopes were all on Torres, so they have every right to be bitter about this move.

Cos we were bitter, he left us for a Rival Club without caring for how we would feel when he did so much like Torres, does not mean we did not feel like insulting him but we let him go peacefully and many of the Chelsea players even told us to keep our gaps shut whenever Cole plays against us from then

Liverpool's hopes all on Torres is kinda akward when he has been on a run of bad form since the start of the season

Like i say Joe Cole had more ties with Chelsea and their fans than Torres did with Liverpool simple as that. Thay just cant get round their head that top players want to leave the club because its a new expirience.

Torres was their idol. At least for many.

Like i said, we all love Brown, O'shea. but we wont be bitter if they leave. On the other hand we would be if Rooney ***** off to our rival.

Champs league is not Barca's to lost at all. Knockout football needs masses of luck. Inter Milan were not the best side in Europe last season Barca was but look what happend their. I would prefer to play Barca over 2 legs than a side managed by Mourinho. Chelsea have a great chance of winning the CL this season and with the inclution of Torres we have made our chances a little better.
Of course it is, that's why their favourites. I'd say inter were actually the best side last season, maybe they were underdogs in the barca match, but it was all down to mourinho. Look at the team under benitez. Though mourinho has his work cut out with the ego circus now. I don't think chelsea have a good chance of winning it, but hey just my view. We'll see soon enough.

You do have a much better chance of competing for things than us. But we're on the up again, great manager, players who actually want to play again, great vibe. With some good summer signings in defense and depth we could be ready to win trophies next season. Pity torres didn't wait around. His reasons for wanting out were "ownership problems and broken promises". Well we have new owners, and delivered on signings. Then he chooses to go. What the ****.

Last edited:
Cos we were bitter, he left us for a Rival Club without caring for how we would feel when he did so much like Torres, does not mean we did not feel like insulting him but we let him go peacefully and many of the Chelsea players even told us to keep our gaps shut whenever Cole plays against us from then

Liverpool's hopes all on Torres is kinda akward when he has been on a run of bad form since the start of the season

But still he was starting every game and was slowly getting back to form.

Cole left in the summer, and Torres did in the mid season. Anyone would be bitter about it.

what do u mean u only had 6 hours to find a replacement, the point is you did in the end with Suarez and Caroll and if anyone has a reason to complain its Toon Fans with the way u guys pursued Caroll and left em with no time to find a replacement

btw if u read his interview, Torres said he already told Liverpool he wanted to leave 10-12 days before the **** of the window thats y u guys went about to get Suarez and made enquiries on Caroll

Like i said, we all love Brown, O'shea. but we wont be bitter if they leave. On the other hand we would be if Rooney ***** off to our rival.

Joe Cole was my idol lol, and alot of Chelsea fans idol because he is a Chelsea supporter so he has that link with the fans. I was majorly ****** when he left but got over it quickly and never wished him injurys etc. Torre had been at Liverpool 3 and a half years and if anything seen the team get worse. Whether he left now or in the summer Pool fans would be acting the way they are because its all new to them.

Joe Cole was not a Key Player agreed

but that does not mean we did not feel sad when he left

What you are so failing to understand is that Joe Cole was not chelsea best player whilst torres was, Cole was a squad player, nothing more, Torres had god like status at Anfield, he was loved by the manager and idolised by the fans, Whilst you guys loved Cole, it was not the same way you guys love players like lamps or terry. I put it in simple terms i player you adore and is key to your future, ***** off 2 weeks after pleading his love and commitment for you, leaves for a rival club is hard to stomach. If Lamps ****** off and joined Utd, you would be ******.

Like I say, he didn't. A West Ham supporter (I know he said he supported you, but let's face it, it isn't true) who played a fringe role for about five seasons left you after you didn't offer him a new contract. Fernando Torres left Liverpool after being their talismanic goalscorer, the man who fired them towards a near miss at the title and loved the club (apparently) like any 'Pool supporter would.

He didn't leave because it was a new experience. He left Liverpool because he wanted to win something, which is fair enough, and presumably wanted a fat new paycheque, which isn't.

Scott said:
What you are so failing to understand is that Joe Cole was not chelsea best player whilst torres was, Cole was a squad player, nothing more, Torres had god like status at Anfield, he was loved by the manager and idolised by the fans, Whilst you guys loved Cole, it was not the same way you guys love players like lamps or terry. I put it in simple terms i player you adore and is key to your future, ***** off 2 weeks after pleading his love and commitment for you, leaves for a rival club is hard to stomach. If Lamps ****** off and joined Utd, you would be ******.

And that is exactly it. Run out of likes, but you've said what I meant.

The only parallel I could imagine would be if Drogba said that he wanted to leave for a bigger club and a bigger paycheque after two weeks of proclaiming he loved the club and wanted to stay, before upping and leaving to United. THAT would be like Torres leaving for Chelsea to Liverpool fans. I know, I've been through this twice with Barry and Milner...

Last edited:

if Torres was their idol they would respect his decision to leave as he had many of them and they were legitimate, not wish him injuries

Joe Cole was my idol lol, and alot of Chelsea fans idol because he is a Chelsea supporter so he has that link with the fans. I was majorly ****** when he left but got over it quickly and never wished him injurys etc.

So had Lampard, Terry or Drogba left Chelsea to ManCity in the mid season, would you not be bitter?

Scotty lad we would still be angry with for leaving

Like I say, he didn't. A West Ham supporter (I know he said he supported you, but let's face it, it isn't true) who played a fringe role for about five seasons left you after you didn't offer him a new contract. Fernando Torres left Liverpool after being their talismanic goalscorer, the man who fired them towards a near miss at the title and loved the club (apparently) like any 'Pool supporter would.

He didn't leave because it was a new experience. He left Liverpool because he wanted to win something, which is fair enough, and presumably wanted a fat new paycheque, which isn't.

He wanted to win trophies and play CL Football more than money considering he was getting enough of that at Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back