Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torres was their idol. At least for many.

Like i said, we all love Brown, O'shea. but we wont be bitter if they leave. On the other hand we would be if Rooney ***** off to our rival.

Joe was my idol I had his name on the back of my 04/05, 05/06, and 08/09 shirts and he was my favourite player since the day he signed for Chelsea

what do u mean u only had 6 hours to find a replacement, the point is you did in the end with Suarez and Caroll and if anyone has a reason to complain its Toon Fans with the way u guys pursued Caroll and left em with no time to find a replacement

btw if u read his interview, Torres said he already told Liverpool he wanted to leave 10-12 days before the **** of the window thats y u guys went about to get Suarez and made enquiries on Caroll
If it was even true that he left us 10-12 days (Sorry but I wouldn't really trust his word now?), we were negotiating with suarez even before that. We bought suarez to play alongside torres, especially as he's better as an inside forward than out and out striker, so they could both play in our 4-5-1. Carroll is torres' replacement.

So had Lampard, Terry or Drogba left Chelsea to ManCity in the mid season, would you not be bitter?

we would but I doubt any of us would wish they got crocked like so many Pool fans have been wishing

What you are so failing to understand is that Joe Cole was not chelsea best player whilst torres was, Cole was a squad player, nothing more, Torres had god like status at Anfield, he was loved by the manager and idolised by the fans, Whilst you guys loved Cole, it was not the same way you guys love players like lamps or terry. I put it in simple terms i player you adore and is key to your future, ***** off 2 weeks after pleading his love and commitment for you, leaves for a rival club is hard to stomach. If Lamps ****** off and joined Utd, you would be ******.

Torres has never been and never will be a Liverpool supporter simple as that. He has given nearly 4 years of his best at the club.

Like I say, he didn't. A West Ham supporter (I know he said he supported you, but let's face it, it isn't true) who played a fringe role for about five seasons left you after you didn't offer him a new contract. Fernando Torres left Liverpool after being their talismanic goalscorer, the man who fired them towards a near miss at the title and loved the club (apparently) like any 'Pool supporter would.

He didn't leave because it was a new experience. He left Liverpool because he wanted to win something, which is fair enough, and presumably wanted a fat new paycheque, which isn't.

We did offer him a new contract. Torres couldnt love the club like Liverpool supporters could because he is not a Liverpool supporter. And as for the paycheque im pretty sure if he stayed at Liverpool with the new oweners he could have got the same money he is on at Chelsea. Money is not the issue, he has moved to at this current time a better and richer club than Liverpool so he will earn more money. Torres is a player that wants to win medals. He plays in a Spain side where all his teammates have all these medals and he wants in on that too.

if Torres was their idol they would respect his decision to leave as he had many of them and they were legitimate, not wish him injuries

Why would they? He ****** off in the mid season without giving new owners any chance of proving themselves.

If it was even true that he left us 10-12 days (Sorry but I wouldn't really trust his word now?), we were negotiating with suarez even before that. We bought suarez to play alongside torres, especially as he's better as an inside forward than out and out striker, so they could both play in our 4-5-1. Carroll is torres' replacement.

u wont have managed to sign anyone better than Caroll, i doubt u would have gone for someone else in the summer too if he left then

we would but I doubt any of us would wish they got crocked like so many Pool fans have been wishing

I'm sure there are only few who wished injury, and many of the comments were just tongue in cheek.

Why would they? He ****** off in the mid season without giving new owners any chance of proving themselves.

- He was in his prime years

- If you read his interview he said that the Club was going under the right direction under the new owners but that would take time, something he does not have as he is in his prime years

- He left them with a massive pile of cash to spend and invest in the summer

So had Lampard, Terry or Drogba left Chelsea to ManCity in the mid season, would you not be bitter?

I would be majorly ****** off but when it happens is irrelivent. I wouldnt wish injury or even boo if any of them left because they served the club really well.

I'm sure there are only few who wished injury, and many of the comments were just tongue in cheek.

yeah I forgot u can read people's minds

anyways this is getting boring, the same points are being brought up and constantly being rebuffed by either Jacko or me, then some new member would turn up and say the same things and get rebuffed, just flip through the thread to see how many times I have mentioned the same things, seriously considering to type out my answers and copy+paste them whenever another point is brought up

He gave the club 3 and a half years to improve but they didnt. He could have left in the summer but stayed to see if things changed and they didnt. He was let down by people at Liverpool simple as that.

u wont have managed to sign anyone better than Caroll, i doubt u would have gone for someone else in the summer too if he left then
Well of course we would. Since we had another few months to look around. Llorente would've been a similar type of player for half the price.

He gave the club 3 and a half years to improve but they didnt. He could have left in the summer but stayed to see if things changed and they didnt. He was let down by people at Liverpool simple as that.
But it was only this month he was saying how much he loved the club and wanted to stay. The new owners have not let anyone down so far. They've signed. They've outlined anfield expansion plans. They've delivered on torres' "demands". He's still not happy, well good riddance to the *****.

most peoplet end to forget the loyalty he showed in the summer

Not to take sides in the debate but Chelsea is in 3 competitions that they can win, Liverpool is not. So Drogba leaving for City (who is not in the Champions League and might not be there next year) is not a valid comparison.

Well of course we would. Since we had another few months to look around. Llorente would've been a similar type of player for half the price.

hardly half the price mate and I hear Barca and Madrid were after him, he probably would have gone there

you wouldnt have got Llorente, liverpool made an approach in the window and it was rejected

But it was only this month he was saying how much he loved the club and wanted to stay. The new owners have not let anyone down so far. They've signed. They've outlined anfield expansion plans. They've delivered on torres' "demands". He's still not happy, well good riddance to the *****.

Torres didnt know that Chelsea were planning a bid and also this may shock you but human beings can change their mind. I was going to walk my dog in a minute but now im not because i can change my mind.

you wouldnt have got Llorente, liverpool made an approach in the window and it was rejected
Fair enough then, but we'd atleast have time to look around. If our scouts in 3 months can't find a better deal than 38m (3m more than arguably the best striker on the planet, Villa) for a quite frankly average striker with potential, then they should all be sacked.

Torres didnt know that Chelsea were planning a bid and also this may shock you but human beings can change their mind. I was going to walk my dog in a minute but now im not because i can change my mind.
Because joining a rival professional football club is the same scale decision as deciding whether to walk your dog.

I would be majorly ****** off but when it happens is irrelivent. I wouldnt wish injury or even boo if any of them left because they served the club really well.

i find this funny considering you were about crying about steve clark when he went to liverpool and i always thought joe cole was a west ham fan as a boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back