Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
- He was in his prime years

- If you read his interview he said that the Club was going under the right direction under the new owners but that would take time, something he does not have as he is in his prime years

- He left them with a massive pile of cash to spend and invest in the summer

Non sense. When you are labeled as one of the best, you should be fighting for the cause for the club that made you the player you are instead of Jumping ship.

Or Maybe he chose wrong time. Should have left in Summer instead of Mid season which seriously ***** up their campaign.

Yes, we are going in circles. You have your reasons to defend him and i have mine to call him Judas. Will drop this.

Well of course we would. Since we had another few months to look around. Llorente would've been a similar type of player for half the price.

But it was only this month he was saying how much he loved the club and wanted to stay. The new owners have not let anyone down so far. They've signed. They've outlined anfield expansion plans. They've delivered on torres' "demands". He's still not happy, well good riddance to the *****.

lol and u call yourselves the best fans in the country

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

Non sense. When you are labeled as one of the best, you should be fighting for the cause for the club that made you the player you are instead of Jumping ship.

Or Maybe he chose wrong time. Should have left in Summer instead of Mid season which seriously ***** up their campaign.

Yes, we are going in circles. You have your reasons to defend him and i have mine to call him Judas. Will drop this.

when ur the best player in the world u should be winning trophies

plus Pool hardly made him, he was already a great striker at At Madrid and they made him who he is mostly not Pool

He gave the club 3 and a half years to improve but they didnt. He could have left in the summer but stayed to see if things changed and they didnt. He was let down by people at Liverpool simple as that.

What are you on about? New owners were not given time to show their ambitions. All those years Yanks sucked life out of the club, new owners are taking club in the right direction and he didnt give them any time.

i find this funny considering you were about crying about steve clark when he went to liverpool and i always thought joe cole was a west ham fan as a boy.

Like i said the same as the Joe Cole thing, i was ****** off at first but now i dont give a ****. He should get a good reception tomorrow also because of what he done for the club.

The point here is that unlike Joe Cole, Torres is one of the few truly world class players left in Liverpool atm. Torres, Gerrard and Reina, that's their best players. For Chelsea, Drogba, Anelka, Lampard, Essien, Terry, A.Cole, Cech etc are far more better than Joe Cole. Chelsea doesn't even need to change their play when Joe Cole left, because he is that insignificant to the first team. Torres on the other hand, is the main attacking outlet for Torres. How hard is that to understand?

And stop saying that Liverpool got Suarez and Carroll for Torres, because Suarez had agreed a deal with Liverpool before Torres submitted his transfer request. The club had already had new owners, sacked an underperforming manager and replaced him with a legend and are bringing in quality players as promised evident by the Suarez signing. If Torres left in the summer when everything about Liverpool is doom and gloomy I don't think the fans will hate him, but not now. The things he said after he had left doesn't help either. He never said a word of appreciation about the club and fans that loved him so much. Nothing. I would be totally gutted if I'm a Liverpool fan.

And I still remember that Torres used to say that he was a Liverpool fan when he was young. I remember a lot of pool fans telling me that Torres wore a Liverpool shirt under his Athletico jersey etc. He had always said that he is a big Liverpool fan before anything. Now all of a sudden he says he had never loved the club. I lost all my respect for him. He's one of the biggest liar in football.

I'm a Man Utd fan and I always hope for the worst for Liverpool, but in this case I think they deserve better than this from Torres. At least appreciate what your former club had done for you, mercenary!

Scotty lad we would still be angry with for leaving

He wanted to win trophies and play CL Football more than money considering he was getting enough of that at Pool

Torres has never been and never will be a Liverpool supporter simple as that. He has given nearly 4 years of his best at the club.

Loyalty is dead then i guess, The fact he gave Liverpool 1 real top class season and bit part with hhia injuries, yet they stuck with him and still loved him through out it all, defended him til the death against every arguement made against him( valid or not). and he leaves them for a bigger pay cheque, and then blurts out some **** about trophies, Yet Chelsea are a long way off the pace in the league, and there main hope is the champions league. As i wouldnt count the FA cup as the trophie El Nino had in mind. So if he left for Barcelona or a big European Side i could understand, but he has left for an aging side, No 2 ways about it.

What are you on about? New owners were not given time to show their ambitions. All those years Yanks sucked life out of the club, new owners are taking club in the right direction and he didnt give them any time.

If you read his interview he said that the Club was going under the right direction under the new owners but that would take time, something he does not have as he is in his prime years

u actually brought the same point up again and I am copying and pasting the same reply to which u have not debated about yet

The lad had been tired out you can see that. Liverpools pride has been hurt and that is standing in the way of actually admitting that they understand why he left.

when ur the best player in the world u should be winning trophies

plus Pool hardly made him, he was already a great striker at At Madrid and they made him who he is mostly not Pool

Best player should be helping team in winning trophies. That is why you are called Best player.

At atletico he was just promising player. At Liverpool he came as clinical as any and one of the best striker.

Loyalty is dead then i guess, The fact he gave Liverpool 1 real top class season and bit part with hhia injuries, yet they stuck with him and still loved him through out it all, defended him til the death against every arguement made against him( valid or not). and he leaves them for a bigger pay cheque, and then blurts out some **** about trophies, Yet Chelsea are a long way off the pace in the league, and there main hope is the champions league. As i wouldnt count the FA cup as the trophie El Nino had in mind. So if he left for Barcelona or a big European Side i could understand, but he has left for an aging side, No 2 ways about it.

he may not win jack this season but next season Chelsea have a bigger chance of winning a trophy than Liverpool and he will be playing CL Football which Pool againt wont do next season

Loyalty is dead, thats true

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

Best player should be helping team in winning trophies. That is why you are called Best player.

At atletico he was just promising player. At Liverpool he came as clinical as any and one of the best striker.

Helping Pool win trophies would take upto 2-3 years at the very least and then what, Torres past his prime and no domestic trophy to boot

Like i said the same as the Joe Cole thing, i was ****** off at first but now i dont give a ****. He should get a good reception tomorrow also because of what he done for the club.

So you were ****** off so are Liverpool fans. You dont give **** anymore, maybe Liverpool fans wont give **** in future.

The same aging side as last season ay?? We needed some 23-27 year olds and we have signed 3 this season. We also have some of the best youth players coming through the side and also have a owner than dosent mind buying a player if needed. I thought you were better than this scott, surely you can see in this present day Chelsea are a better club than Liverpool.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

So you were ****** off so are Liverpool fans. You dont give **** anymore, maybe Liverpool fans wont give **** in future.

I dout it very much.

your point being.......

And I recall u saying u will leave the arguement early in the thread

lol and u call yourselves the best fans in the country
What does that have to do with anything? We delivered on what he wanted, he still sulked. We're not good fans for only wanting players that want to play for us? If you want to get into this, I can always bring up the plastic flags left on your seats at halftime.

Exactly what happened with the masch situation. From a west ham sub to a world class midfielder, and he shows us no respect.

There is a right way to leave a club. Alonso and Hyypia were professional in the way they left, that's why I still love them and would always welcome them back. But you don't leave to a rival club, without thanking ANYONE at liverpool (for making you the player you are), and then slap them in the face with "now i've joined a big club". And he didn't join a big club anyway, since that's defined by history. He joined a successful, rich club.

And if Torres wasnt loyal then he would have joined Real Madrid on the occasions they have tried to sign him. But he didnt because he is being loyal to the side he supports no not Liverpool but Athletico Madrid.

your point being.......

And I recall u saying u will leave the arguement early in the thread

Point is stop pointing fingers at someone when you lot were no better.

I said i will drop with you, not this thread. (K)

Lol you do realise you have all recycled the same arguments over and over now.

Give it a rest, no one is backing down on their points here. Torres is a blue, most liverpool fans dont like him for it. And he still isnt playing for united....

Lol you do realise you have all recycled the same arguments over and over now.

Give it a rest, no one is backing down on their points here. Torres is a blue, most liverpool fans dont like him for it. And he still isnt playing for united....

If he is so unloyal maybe he will be soon lol.

He gave the club 3 and a half years to improve but they didnt. He could have left in the summer but stayed to see if things changed and they didnt. He was let down by people at Liverpool simple as that.

We're under new owners, he didn't give them the chance, no one is talking about H&G.

We're under new owners, he didn't give them the chance, no one is talking about H&G.

But why should he give them a chance?? He had been let down by the club already the bridges had already been burnt. If anything we have helped you get rid of a player that lost his passion for your club in return for 50million. Its a win win for all partys in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back