Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
plus Pool hardly made him, he was already a great striker at At Madrid and they made him who he is mostly not Pool

That sentence right there, is the most ridiculous sentence i've ever seen!
Of course we made him, he wasn't half the player at Atletico as he is now! That's like saying United didn't make Rooney what he is today...

Also, Chelsea fans, it says all you need to know when the majority of United fans are with Liverpool fans on this one.

And lastly, CJACKO, the bond between player and supporter at Anfield is unlike no other (especially in Torres' case) so, don't say the bond between Chelsea fans & Joe Cole is anything like that, because it just can't compare. Torres will realise this soon enough.

I'm not bitter, I wish him all the best, but he won't win anything at chelsea

(K)

Torres going to Chelsea helped Liverpool...they got 50 million out of it, which IMO is a good deal for an injury-prown striker who may have lost his pace (by far his best attribute). They used that money to sign Carroll, which most Pool fans on the board seem to be thrilled about. Most of the Pool fans have been saying that they couldn't be any more thrilled by the transfer window. So why the bitterness towards Torres?

As for his loyalty, as the Chelsea fans pointed out, he is a product of Atletico Madrid and it's his boyhood club, which is why he'd never go to Real Madrid. Atletico is where most of his loyalty lies. But yeah, loyalty is dead in the modern game and it really sucks. Torres should be expected to show some loyalty towards Pool, they helped him become who he is today and supported him through thick and thin. When I tried to make this point in another thread though (that players should be expected to be loyal), everyone attacked me vehemently.

Of course we made him, he wasn't half the player at Atletico as he is now! That's like saying United didn't make Rooney what he is today...

Also, Chelsea fans, it says all you need to know when the majority of United fans are with Liverpool fans on this one.

And lastly, CJACKO, the bond between player and supporter at Anfield is unlike no other (especially in Torres' case) so, don't say the bond between Chelsea fans & Joe Cole is anything like that, because it just can't compare. Torres will realise this soon enough.

(K)

So Chelsea fans bond with John Terry is nothing like your bond with Gerrard?? You seem to think your club is the only special club out their and its not true. And for your last point, we will see.

So Chelsea fans bond with John Terry is nothing like your bond with Gerrard?? You seem to think your club is the only special club out their and its not true. And for your last point, we will see.

CJACKO, seriously. I am a Villa fan. We at Villa Park love our players dearly, and we have a bond with them, and we take them to our hearts. But.

I will happily and freely admit that Liverpool's fans have a special bond with their players. It's a great strength, and also a weakness, but for better or for worse their depth of affection is something nearly unique in the football world. Liverpool fans are some of the best in the world and (IMO, of course) the best in England bar none.

Last edited:
CJACKO, seriously. I am a Villa fan. We at Villa Park love our players dearly, and we have a bond with them, and we take them to our hearts. But.

I will happily and freely admit that Liverpool's fans have a special bond with their players. It's a great strength, and also a weakness, but for better or for worse it is something nearly unique in the football world. Liverpool fans are some of the best in the world and (IMO, of course) the best in England bar none.

Thats not what was said when Portsmouth were in the PL. All clubs can have special bonds with players Liverpool are not alone in this.

Thats not what was said when Portsmouth were in the PL. All clubs can have special bonds with players Liverpool are not alone in this.

Big difference. Portsmouth fans loved the club dearly, not necessarily their players. Liverpool fans invest a special relationship with their players. I'm not saying they're alone in this, but I'm saying they by far and away put the biggest stock in it, for better or for worse.

I personally admire Liverpool hugely. You could say I'm a closet fan. But shhh. ;)

I will happily and freely admit that Liverpool's fans have a special bond with their players. It's a great strength, and also a weakness, but for better or for worse it is something nearly unique in the football world. Liverpool fans are some of the best in the world and (IMO, of course) the best in England bar none.

What cracks me is the blind belief though. I couldn't stop laughing looking at Aquilani banner. He played first game and they came up with banner. No offense, but that cracked me up XD

What cracks me is the blind belief though. I couldn't stop laughing looking at Aquilani banner. He played first game and they came up with banner. No offense, but that cracked me up XD

Hence my point about "for better or for worse", with it almost certainly being in the latter category in this case. :P Twas slightly ridiculous, that...

Why, because we take great pride im supporting our players?

No, but to label someone as Savior when he hardly played for few months was funny. There is no wrong in supporting player ;)

Disagree with this, Torres played 214 times for Atletico Madrid and was captain. Rooney only played 62 times for Everton which is still a lot considering he was about 16/17. I find it ridiculous that Liverpool can claim they 'made' Torres though. Torres consistently scored goals in La Liga and went to Liverpool who were a better team than Atletico so it was only natural for him too score more goals a season than he did at Atletico. Although Liverpool aided Fernando with his development, he scored 33 goals in his first season at the club so it's ridiculous to suggest that he was half the player when he was at Atletico.

he may not win jack this season but next season Chelsea have a bigger chance of winning a trophy than Liverpool and he will be playing CL Football which Pool againt wont do next season

Loyalty is dead, thats true

Oh I thought Chelsea where in a fight for top 4..? Silly me.

The same aging side as last season ay?? We needed some 23-27 year olds and we have signed 3 this season. We also have some of the best youth players coming through the side and also have a owner than dosent mind buying a player if needed. I thought you were better than this scott, surely you can see in this present day Chelsea are a better club than Liverpool.

The same side that is 10 points behind an under performing, low on quality( yeah i said it) manchester United side, who havent even hit top gear yet... ay? Drogba and anelka will be going in the summer, 32 and 33. Then your back to guess where, square one, with Torres your only good striker. Best Youth Players..? You have Josh( who you love) and a few others, but they are in no way the best. Your owner may like spending a few bob, but FFP rules means he wont be able to very soon, Whilst Liverpool on the other hand, is a bigger commercial brand then you. Your annual wage bill is 174million pounds. So you need to make cut backs... wouldnt you agree? So at this present moment chelsea are a better club( i have never said any different) but Long term we shall see..? Suarez and Carrol will be able to play in 5 years time. Will chelsea striker force.

And if Torres wasnt loyal then he would have joined Real Madrid on the occasions they have tried to sign him. But he didnt because he is being loyal to the side he supports no not Liverpool but Athletico Madrid.

Real never tried to sign him, as they knew he wasnt interested. Liverpool made him.

But why should he give them a chance?? He had been let down by the club already the bridges had already been burnt. If anything we have helped you get rid of a player that lost his passion for your club in return for 50million. Its a win win for all partys in my mind.

Because Liverpool stuck through him, when he was injured, he owed the supporters it at the very least.

The Fact i am with you, I ******* hate your club with all my heart.

Nope, neville has that bond with me personally. every club loves there players.

Nothing wrong with it matey, just it cant be bad, like if i had my way, Neville would be playing for Utd as he is cool and Ard. ;)

The same side that is 10 points behind an under performing, low on quality( yeah i said it) manchester United side, who havent even hit top gear yet... ay? Drogba and anelka will be going in the summer, 32 and 33. Then your back to guess where, square one, with Torres your only good striker. Best Youth Players..? You have Josh( who you love) and a few others, but they are in no way the best. Your owner may like spending a few bob, but FFP rules means he wont be able to very soon, Whilst Liverpool on the other hand, is a bigger commercial brand then you. Your annual wage bill is 174million pounds. So you need to make cut backs... wouldnt you agree? So at this present moment chelsea are a better club( i have never said any different) but Long term we shall see..? Suarez and Carrol will be able to play in 5 years time. Will chelsea striker force.

Real never tried to sign him, as they knew he wasnt interested. Liverpool made him.

Because Liverpool stuck through him, when he was injured, he owed the supporters it at the very least.

Nothing wrong with it matey, just it cant be bad, like if i had my way, Neville would be playing for Utd as he is cool and Ard. ;)

I cant believe you think Liverpool Made Torres, Im sure he was scoring goals for fun before he came to Liverpool. If you lot are gonna go around saying clubs who only had a player for a few seasons made them then I guess Barca/Arsenal are by far the best clubs to produce players then.

Last edited:
I cant believe you think Liverpool Made Torres, Im sure he was scoring goals for fun before he came to Liverpool. If you lot are gonna go around saying clubs who only had a player for a few seasons made them then I guess Barca/Arsenal are by far the best clubs to produce players then.

Why quote me, when my quote didnt mention Liverpool making Torres..?

Disagree with this, Torres played 214 times for Atletico Madrid and was captain. Rooney only played 62 times for Everton which is still a lot considering he was about 16/17. I find it ridiculous that Liverpool can claim they 'made' Torres though. Torres consistently scored goals in La Liga and went to Liverpool who were a better team than Atletico so it was only natural for him too score more goals a season than he did at Atletico. Although Liverpool aided Fernando with his development, he scored 33 goals in his first season at the club so it's ridiculous to suggest that he was half the player when he was at Atletico.

Couldn't agree more, it's certainly possible to say that his time at Liverpool toughened him up a bit as he had to adapt to the physicality of the English game, but the phrase 'Liverpool made Torres' is incredibly over the top and, quite frankly, incorrect. He was a big name at Atletico and still is at this point, many clubs wanted him when he was playing in Spain, just like many do now.

A naive comment to make in my opinion.

Youth players include. Van Aanholt, Bruma, Kakuta and Sturridge. Drogba wont leave at the end of this season and im pretty sure he will see out his contract and then move back to France after that. We made major cut backs on our wage bill at the start of the season i do also think Anelka will leave in the summer with a few others but not Drogba. And even if Drogba and Anelka both leave as you say Torres as our only good striker, what team wouldnt mind that??

(K)

LOL, so u paid 30m for a player who was not een laf the player he is today, he was captian of At Madrid at 19 years of age, their best player at 19 and already a feared striker, stupid of u to say u made him, u act as if u brought the lad up from 16 years of age, ur statement would have been correct if were talking about say Fabregas

You certainly helped him alot but make him, oh no u did not

Youth players include. Van Aanholt, Bruma, Kakuta and Sturridge. Drogba wont leave at the end of this season and im pretty sure he will see out his contract and then move back to France after that. We made major cut backs on our wage bill at the start of the season i do also think Anelka will leave in the summer with a few others but not Drogba. And even if Drogba and Anelka both leave as you say Torres as our only good striker, what team wouldnt mind that??

Kakuta still needs to prove himself, what he is 20 now at lest. Same with Van Aanholt and Bruma. Drogba will leave i feel, but we will have to wait and see. You need to make major major major cuts to fail in line with FFP. So how do you expect to do this without selling players, I would hate it if Torres was the only good striker in my squad, isnt that what liverpool have had for 2 years and we all know how that finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back