Votes: 23 41.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Aston Villa Win

Votes: 7 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How things can change in a few days XD

Sigh, that wasn't me. I'm at a friend's place, watched the game there. I log in, go to the toilet... stupid. Never mind. That said, I do rather agree with his sentiments, though not his tendency to drink lots and throw up in a wastepaper basket in celebration...

What a match that was. Houllier grew some grosses boules to leave out Albrighton, that takes some doing. Heskey was immense, Young was superb, but Friedel? Friedel was an absolute class above. He's showed why he's been around the Prem for so long, and he's shown his true quality. I feel bad for ever having doubted him. That was a fantastic team performance, a team performance the likes of which have been lacking recently. Reo-Coker was fantastic was well, and Petrov was great. Ciaran Clark is absolutely immense in the air, that's something like 3 goals in 2 games for him recently, two headers and a wonderful dipping volley against Arsenal.

Kudos, Houllier. Take a well-earned break. You've earned it.

Fair play to Villa, they did really well considering recent results... But we shouldn't lose hope... I mean Arsenal struggled a bit early on, and look where they're now! We should win against Wolves (hopefully...), and just take things a day at a time. And a point is a point, so I'm not that displeased. I mean, comon, we actually scored 3 goals, and showed determination to get back from 2-1 to a 1 goal lead... Ancelotti should replace players in the late stages.

In Chelsea´s defense just have jokers playing,two Villa´s players alone in the last two goals.:P

In Chelsea´s defense just have jokers playing,two Villa´s players alone in the last two goals.:P

Makes a change from Villa doing it anyway.

I really am proud of the lads tonight. More to the point, Houllier has shown that he has the tactical nous, daring and cojones to play like that against the champions. Going a 4-4-2 against Chelsea away, and leaving out one of the players of the season so far takes some doing. Luckily it paid off, and the team showed a desire to match his fire.

I am happy. :wub:

Fair play to Villa, they did really well considering recent results... But we shouldn't lose hope... I mean Arsenal struggled a bit early on, and look where they're now! We should win against Wolves (hopefully...), and just take things a day at a time. And a point is a point, so I'm not that displeased. I mean, comon, we actually scored 3 goals, and showed determination to get back from 2-1 to a 1 goal lead... Ancelotti should replace players in the late stages.

He'd used all 3 subs trying to get back level.. And Arsenal never spent such a long time in a slump of form like this.

He didn't need 3 subs to get back level... I never said they did, but they came out of it, just like we will... sometime in the future.

as for Bruma, for his first Premier League start at the age of 18 he was fantastic, looking absolutely composed on the ball.

Felt a bit sorry for Bruma. He was up against a fiery, bullish Heskey on top form, and he was utterly outclassed. For a Premier League debut he did as much as could be expected of him against a forward like that. He actually looked alright with the ball at his feet, but was outmuscled by Heskey for his goal and then went walkies for Clark's.

Last edited:
Over on talksport there's been a lot of Chelsea fans getting in a tizz because of Stan Collymore's reaction to Clark's goal. I didn't hear it on talksport, so I went on VillaTalk and they have a recording of it which I nearly creamed myself laughing at. The first part is the co-commentator saying Terry has won it (Haaa) and about halfway through Clark's goal is scored. Have a laugh:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bvJHyCzaRE"]YouTube - TalkSPORT-Collymore screaming.[/ame]

"Downin- YESSSSSSSSSS! YESSSSSSSS!" :D:D So much for impartiality.

Over on talksport there's been a lot of Chelsea fans getting in a tizz because of Stan Collymore's reaction to Clark's goal. I didn't hear it on talksport, so I went on VillaTalk and they have a recording of it which I nearly creamed myself laughing at. The first part is the co-commentator saying Terry has won it (Haaa) and about halfway through Clark's goal is scored. Have a laugh:

YouTube - TalkSPORT-Collymore screaming.

Classic. I think he was more ecstatic than me, and it was probably the most i've ever cheered at football in my life

Classic. I think he was more ecstatic than me, and it was probably the most i've ever cheered at football in my life

Fantastic to see some proper biased support from Collymore, a lifelong Villan. Well played Stanley.

Heh, just tweeted it to Zonal Marking. His response:

Zonal_Marking
@JaffaSheikh Good God...

:D

YouTube - TalkSPORT-Collymore screaming.

Hahaha that's epic.

Collymore has always been a biased *****! Nothing new there, never seen him go that far, and if he is going to do that on a national radio station, then he shouldn't be on there.

I remember him last year saying mid way through the season that we would fizzle out and die towards the end because we didn't have enough to finish in the top half, just purely because he didn't want us to, and to wind us up.

Collymore has always been a biased *****! Nothing new there, never seen him go that far, and if he is going to do that on a national radio station, then he shouldn't be on there.

I remember him last year saying mid way through the season that we would fizzle out and die towards the end because we didn't have enough to finish in the top half, just purely because he didn't want us to, and to wind us up.

In his defence, he said this:

"Yeah I got lots of stick from the Chelsea fans who had been silent until Terry scored. Ive got to be impartial on the radio? Where in the rules does it say that? I've been a Villa fan since I was 7 and my team has just equalized in injury time and I'm supposed to just stand there? No chance."

He has a point, to be fair. The bit about him saying you'd fizzle out and die towards the end of the season is purely his opinion, and you don't listen to the radio to hear completely unbiased commentary, partially because A) Most people who do football commentary would have a favourite team and B) it would take all the passion out of it.

More to the point, the very fact that you were wound up about it showed that he did what he set out to do. If you don't like what he says, turn the radio off. He can't hurt you.

In his defence, he said this:

"Yeah I got lots of stick from the Chelsea fans who had been silent until Terry scored. Ive got to be impartial on the radio? Where in the rules does it say that? I've been a Villa fan since I was 7 and my team has just equalized in injury time and I'm supposed to just stand there? No chance."

He has a point, to be fair. The bit about him saying you'd fizzle out and die towards the end of the season is purely his opinion, and you don't listen to the radio to hear completely unbiased commentary, partially because A) Most people who do football commentary would have a favourite team and B) it would take all the passion out of it.

More to the point, the very fact that you were wound up about it showed that he did what he set out to do. If you don't like what he says, turn the radio off. He can't hurt you.

There's no written rules but it is a general initiative on the radio to be impartial, which is why Tom Ross BRMB radio presenter a Blues fan, celebrates any midlands goal like it were his own. Because listeners from all clubs are the audience.

Ye i know he is entitled to his opinion which is what Talk Sport is about really, but he is one of a few that are totally biased and whoever phones up they don't take their opinion if against them seriously, they just rubbish it and cut them off.

IMO on a national radio station this shouldn't happen.

There's no written rules but it is a general initiative on the radio to be impartial, which is why Tom Ross BRMB radio presenter a Blues fan, celebrates any midlands goal like it were his own. Because listeners from all clubs are the audience.

Ye i know he is entitled to his opinion which is what Talk Sport is about really, but he is one of a few that are totally biased and whoever phones up they don't take their opinion if against them seriously, they just rubbish it and cut them off.

IMO on a national radio station this shouldn't happen.

It is slightly different if it's BRMB, because he more or less has a duty to cater to all Midlands clubs, as you said the people listening will be Midlanders.

Really though, TalkShite is just a load of ****, and I try to avoid it.

It is slightly different if it's BRMB, because he more or less has a duty to cater to all Midlands clubs, as you said the people listening will be Midlanders.

Really though, TalkShite is just a load of ****, and I try to avoid it.

Ye i guess so, but on a wider scale, Collymore had Chelsea fans listening, so as a commentator should have to reserve himself. I understand where he's coming from, i wouldn't be able to be a presenter because i go barmy when epic moments like that happen. But its his job.

And ye in all fairness i hardly listen to it, purely because all they do is try to wind a certain group of fans up so they phone in.

Back