Chelsea vs Manchester United - 1/4 Final UCL - 6/4/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say if Chelsea win this game tomorrow night but concede an away goal and the score ends say something like 2-1 does anyone think Chelsea will go pretty defensive in the second leg?

God help you if you do, We are no arsenal. You cant defend against us for 90 minutes and expect us not to score a few.

3-1 actually MisterStubbs

3-1 what ever, still didn't win so by all means come to Old Trafford and try and play a counter attacking gam there.

We didnt win because we didnt play that way. We tried to keep hold of the ball and gave it away too often. Plus the fact it was when our results was very poor and the whole team was playing poorly.

We didnt win because we didnt play that way. We tried to keep hold of the ball and gave it away too often. Plus the fact it was when our results was very poor and the whole team was playing poorly.

agreed but how ever, do you honestly believe Chelsea will A) set up just to counter attack at Old Trafford and B) be able to contain us for 90 minutes, possibly longer?

agreed but how ever, do you honestly believe Chelsea will A) set up just to counter attack at Old Trafford and B) be able to contain us for 90 minutes, possibly longer?

This is Chelsea and we have the best defence in England so it wouldnt be as easy as you think for Utd. And Utd will naturaly have most of the ball especially if they need a goal and the game will just pan out like that anyway.

This is Chelsea and we have the best defence in England so it wouldnt be as easy as you think for Utd. And Utd will naturaly have most of the ball especially if they need a goal and the game will just pan out like that anyway.

best defence in England? debatable. No one says it would be easy for United but I just don't see Chelsea containing us at Old Trafford where we have been brilliant all season for 90+ minutes and at Old Trafford is where this tie will be won.

You may have the best defensive record in England, but we have the best attack in England..

0-0 with hattrick from Torres.
Anyway, 1-0 for Chelsea. Probably Lampard.
At OT, 1-1.

Just had a discussion with my parents about this game.
Both think Chelsea will win because, And I Quote,
"The ref's are now learning that United aren't all that and they can give decisions against them and not get told off." No joke. :(

But yeah, Score draw/close win for Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Then United to win comfortably at Old Trafford. United going through to Semi.

Alright you try and contain us for 90minutes, I dont care if you chelsea or Scunthorpe you wont do it... You best bet is to go out and try to win both legs, like we will. If we are 1-0 up, we shall still go out to win the 2nd leg, and you should do the same.

2-0 to Chelsea. Fernando Torres and Frank Lampard makes the goals :)

I think Chelsea will put up a strong fight and make it close, but there is no way they will advance. I think the first leg will be 1-1, and the second will be 1-0. Both will be conservative, boring matches.

I think Manchester United will edge it 3-2, Rooney double and Nani goal for them, with Anelka and Lampard for Chelsea. I think it will be open with many chances as the defences are not that good, not as good as the attacks. However, I'm supporting Chelsea for this game, come on you Blues!

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Best defence in England? A defensive record for this season means nothing, and Rooney will destroy Ivanovic, I bet you. Also, the partnership of Rio and Vidic is probably the best in England, in my opinion. Also, Terry isn't as good as before, if he was that good we would of been better defensively at the World Cup. Ivanovic is hardly World Class. However, the United makeshift defence is probably worse than Chelsea's full-strength.

I'm hoping the matches between these sides are as good as when Chelsea face Liverpool in the Champions League. [4-4 draw anyone?] Will be an exciting, and attacking match. Very difficult to predict these type of matches, but I can see Chelsea taking a 3-1 win. Lampard, Torres and Drogba for Chelsea and Hernandez for United.

Status
Not open for further replies.