Chelsea vs Manchester United - 1/4 Final UCL - 6/4/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
A surprising but deserved 4-0 victory. Torres finally turning up the heat and scoring a brace.

EA Sports' FIFA 11 Simulation has this as the result.

Chelsea 1-3 Manchester United - Essien / Hernandez, Berbatov x2

Don't be cheeky Stubbs. I would utterly love it if you then were crushed.

Then you would need to take something wouldn't you.

Don't be cheeky Stubbs. I would utterly love it if you then were crushed.

Then you would need to take something wouldn't you.

I have said throughout this thread that a narrow defeat or a score draw is on the cards in my opinion but I can assure you, neither team will "crush" the other, both teams are too strong to be crushed.

You'll be surprised then. I expect something special from Chelsea tonight.

Yes we will, indeed Mr Stubbs. But I really couldn't be bothered on the result anyway.

Team News:

Chelsea:

Cech, Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Essien, Lampard, Zhirkov, Drogba, Torres

Manchester United:

Van der Sar, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Park, Carrick, Giggs, Valencia, Hernandez, Rooney

judging by both line-ups, it looks like both teams are set to line up 4-4-2. will be interesting to see how match fit Rio is coming up against Torres and Drogba.

Nani and Berbatov on the bench for United, big shock. Didn't expect Nani not to start, especially considering that he didn't play at the weekend.

Both teams 4-4-2 meaning I'm very happy about this game. Going to be really exciting. Hoping Drogba and Torres continue their form today, and get absoloutley nothing from Rio and Vida!

I am pretty pleased Rio is starting tbh he still may not be 100% and could be in for a tough time for Chelsea's sake I hope Rio does have a bad game ofcourse but good luck to him and its good to see a good defender back from injury.

Nani and Berbatov on the bench for United, big shock. Didn't expect Nani not to start, especially considering that he didn't play at the weekend.

Both teams 4-4-2 meaning I'm very happy about this game. Going to be really exciting. Hoping Drogba and Torres continue their form today, and get absoloutley nothing from Rio and Vida!

Nani I must admit isn't such a surprise. He came on late on Saturday granted but he didn't look 100% fit to me. Happy with Valencia and Giggs though, Valencia will provide lots of service for Rooney and Hernandez and lets be honest, Nani and Berbatov aren't bad players to have available to come on and make an impact.

Scholes on bench too for United don't forget.

Who's going to be on the wing is my question.. Park or Giggs. Both capable of playing on the wing, and both capable of playing a bit more centrally. I can see Park playing centrally to track Essien/Lampard and Giggs tracking back with Ramires.

Very happy we have gone with Zhirkov as when he has started this season he has looked very good and currently playing miles better than Malouda. Always knew he would go with Torres and Drogba, it was obvious really as they have both played well against Utd in the past.

4-4-2 vs 4-4-2, this is anyones game, really is

I still expect a 4-4-1/ 4-5-1 to come out. With Wayne outwide/

I still expect a 4-4-1/ 4-5-1 to come out. With Wayne outwide/

i would go 4-4-2/4-2-3-1, rooney dropping into the hole, so one of brana/terry is forced to follow him, and then putting Hernandez one on one with the other

this also allows us to have a extra man in midfield when needed

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

thread ban rule is also in effect, in particular for non chelsea/united fans. Keep it sensible

Van Der Sar
Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Valencia Carrick Park Giggs
Rooney Hernandez​

What I'm expecting.

Giggs wide to track Bosingwa, who is pretty poor defensively but good going forward. Park in the middle to track Essien all night. Carrick to watch Lampard and stop him doing anything. Valencia wide to track Cole and exploit the space Cole leaves to provide crosses for Hernandez and Rooney.

Status
Not open for further replies.