Chris Hughton leaves Newcastle United

Ashley is a massive tool. Chris was doing a great job and doesn't deserve this. There goes our season :(

Theres got to be more reason for this than on the pitch results.

Anyway, I'm just waiting for Shearer to pipe up and say "I will step in and be manager until the season ends. Stay up or go down i will resign at the end of the season"

You won't see Shearer employed by NUFC until Ashley ***** off, which is a shame since his presence at the club (at any level, not necessarily manager) would help Carroll/Ranger's development immensely. Ashley didn't even tell him that he wasn't keeping him on as intended/agreed after relegation.

You won't see Shearer employed by NUFC until Ashley ***** off, which is a shame since his presence at the club (at any level, not necessarily manager) would help Carroll/Ranger's development immensely. Ashley didn't even tell him that he wasn't keeping him on as intended/agreed after relegation.

Shearer wanted more money than Ashley was willing to pay to stay on, else you'd now be in League One.

facepalm.jpg

Must have set is season expectations to title challenge.

Really surprised about this he was doing a good job you can't ask for too much in the first season back up.

What this says to other would be managers is basically dont bother. You'll never be given enough time to be successful. Apparently he was sacked because he wasn't a big name manager. If thats true, Ashley and the people involved should just walk. They're not welcome in football. It's a disgrace to football, and the utmost disrepect to Houghton and the fans. I hope he gets another job at another top club. Then he can show Ashley and co the mistake they made.

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

Looks like its Pardew who's coming in

Anyone hear what I just heard, that Ashley wants to cash in on Carroll during January? Just heard it on the radio. Has this guy lost the frickin plot or what?

According to BBC Radio West Midlands close to a deal with Martin O'Neill, although I don't see why he'd come if it's the same style regime (if not worse) than he quit from at Villa. Also Martin Jol has just supposedly left Ajax, unknown whether resigned or fired.

absolutely bemused. sacking hughton is a big mistake, selling carroll would be an even bigger one.
feel bad for Newcastle fans.

Wow, just wow.
Now Newcastle will surely go down, if they don't hire Kevin Keegan.

Hughton for Chelsea anyone?

Would be staggered if Martin O' Neill went to Newcastle with Ashley in charge. If Ashley upped and left, then possibly, but not with that half-wit (keeping it clean lol) in charge.

Would be staggered if Martin O' Neill went to Newcastle with Ashley in charge. If Ashley upped and left, then possibly, but not with that half-wit (keeping it clean lol) in charge.
Wow, would be absolutely shocked to see that.

Martin Jol has already been approached I'm hearing.

Back