Chris Hughton leaves Newcastle United

This has got to be a really bad dream...

Anybody (except Mike Ashley apparantly) could tell you that Hughton was doing a really good job there. They could also tell you that every club goes through a rough patch, and that sticking with a manager who got your club promoted with over 100 points and seems to have steadied the Newcastle ship at the highest domestic level (albeit in a season still in its infancy) would be the right way to go.

Ashley needs his head examining. Dark day for the Toon.

Rumour doing the rounds a couple of months back was that Pardew had a job lined up. Newcastle released a statement saying Hughton's contract was going to be renegotiated so it died down a bit. Will kick myself if it turns out that Pardew had been lined up since October - could have made a mint on that one.

Mike Ashley - You are a ********.

Rumour doing the rounds a couple of months back was that Pardew had a job lined up. Newcastle released a statement saying Hughton's contract was going to be renegotiated so it died down a bit. Will kick myself if it turns out that Pardew had been lined up since October - could have made a mint on that one.

If Pardew gets the job, prepare for relegation.

In all fairness, Hughton done a great job at Newcastle, shame to seem him go, god knows what Ashley has in mind what he wants to achieve after getting promotion, i thought staying up would have been a good achievement, unless there was a fallout.

If "Fat Bloke" knew anything about football I could understand it but he knows absolutely nothing. Chris Hughton was doing a fine job and that's the thanks he gets XD

He's favourite at most bookies

Whats the most amazing thing is that it quotes on skysports that the board will now begin their search for a new more experienced manager! NOW... so Newcastle in one of the busiest periods of the season and considerably highly important, have to face it without a boss...

REAL smart move that...

Newcastle United 6-0 Aston Villa
Newcastle United 5-1 Sunderland
Arsenal 0-1 Newcastle United
Newcastle United 1-1 Chelsea
Chelsea 3-4 Newcastle United
West Ham 1-2 Newcastle United
Everton 0-1 Newcastle United

102 Points in the Championship.

Ooh, I know, let's sack him!

this is a joke. i saw it on the most recent posts column and i honestly thought this was an FM Story lol cant believe it after how well he did if i were a newcastle fan i would be smashing down the door of Mike Ashley baying for his blood!!!!!!

looking at that LMA list I wonder if Ray Wilkins may join Newcastle? But anyway, this is so stupid, Hughton has done a great job..

Mike Ashley, you absolute c*nt. What on earth are you thinking? Newcastle will surely go down now, this is a huge shock to me - I was saying only yesterday that all this "pressure" was ridiculous and unmerited.

Mike ashley should be the on doing one, not chris hughton

i dont agree with newcastle sacking hughton but if the reason they stated is true then i can understand it

i dont know whether any of you saw it.. but just now they read out some emails on skysports about chris hughton and the newcastle job.

and someone emailed in, it seems like it has been planned to wait for ant and dec to leave the jungle so they can take over from hughton lol!!

This is probably the worst decision Mike Ashley has ever made...

...and I don't think wishing for Newcastle to be relegated is fair on Houghton or the players!

I guess St. James' will be empty the next home game, it ******* should be!!!

(P.S. do you want Lee Clark? You can have him, honest... take him, no compo needed - we'll have Houghton instead ;) )

Could have had him at 10-1 just after Hughton was confirmed as going. In late October, price was even better.

Uh oh, I thought Curbishley was a dead cert because he was having a meeting with the Newcastle CEO at a hotel in London where my brother works. This was a few months ago though.

Shocked when I saw this thread. What the **** was Ashley thinking?

**** on FM games, **** IRL as well. Mike Ashley sucks

I'd take Hughton at Tottenham once Redknapp secures his position with England.

Back