ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

After a complete off-day (and some bad luck) in the first League game, we have a really good season start. Predicted 4th!
V5 and V5.1 used.
View attachment 330831

Edit: PSG at home, 0-0 (V5.1); much way better. Bremen away, 0-2 (V5); good win!

Last edited:
About to start a save with Charlton, could this work for them?

Jupp, spot on, but a goal is a goal ;)

Mostly i let in goals from space behind the defence and a cross, except that i concede lots on set pices aswell. i conceded 6 goals in 1 half just from corners last season. from 4-0 at half time to losing 4-6 xD
Most of my own goals come from throw ins or corners, but thats whatthe set pices exploit to.
In other tactics goals from crosses is more usual as fullbacks are offencive, but here they do not come forward as often.

I'm not a fan of corner exploits though. Was using another tactic up until the latest patch & was doing brilliantly. Watching the games was enjoyable playing good football, but latest patch came & suddenly giving too many chances away. Previous tactic I was using had just standard default set-ups so hardly ever scored from corners.

Regarding the striker, MAcheda scored a few last season, and i dident want to change anything because i was testing Christians setup. I do think that DLF or F9 is crucial for the formation to work as intended tho. I think the whole idea is that the striker works as some kind of support setting up the wingers?

Regardless, i might try AF as that have worked good in other tactics, but im not complaining. i think it should be quite possible for world class strikers to score equal if not more goals than they play games easily.

Yes I also believe along the lines you do, but using F9, they not contributing at all. You've already said most goals come from corners anyway. In theory F9 or DLF should work best so that they get involved & not isolated, but I have found AF works best at moment. I may try Treq for a bit, see how that does.

Would be great if someone can get this tactic to work scoring more goals from open play than corners though.

thanks for a great tactic (5.1) its the only stable i've found so far, big up your chest ;)

Hey all, have to add that i have applied the change that rikishi19 suggested of changing the false 9 to an advanced foward and i have to say it seems to be working better, dunno if any one else have experimented with it, one question, do you recommend changing the wingers to inside fowards? would it work? thanks in advice!

Hey all, have to add that i have applied the change that rikishi19 suggested of changing the false 9 to an advanced foward and i have to say it seems to be working better, dunno if any one else have experimented with it, one question, do you recommend changing the wingers to inside fowards? would it work? thanks in advice!
First of all.. the inside wingers. Will it work? Hmm.. Nah, I don't think so. We play with a small formation with two central midfielders (sort of attacking midfielders). Then I think, when changing the wingers to inside forwards, a lot of players when just walk in front of the other and it would be an unorganized confusion together.

But, on the other side, it is just Football. Some players (like good CM's) have the qualities to deal with the space at the sides when changing to inside forwards. So I have a tip for you.. test some. And because I am in a good mood, I am going to test with you. Even with a new striker! Let me know. (H)

Hereby I present a new test! (K)

Well, first of all.. I took the 5.1 (control) version and made some new tweaks. I changed the wingers to inside forwards and the striker is an advanced forward now. Will this test make everything clear? No, but it does say something. When more people make a test and a good review with this new tweaks it will be an effective review and could result in a better version of the tactic.

The results.
The tactic with the tweaks is 100% fluid.

I played all the games twice, one match with the tweaked tactic and the other with the original control 5.1 version. I know, it are just 2 games (more upcoming), but when other people help me with this test it will cost me less time and can simply tell you if the tweaks are really succesfull.

Bundesliga. Rasenballsport Leipzig - Freiburg (tweaked version)
View attachment 330824 View attachment 330823 View attachment 330822

CL. Rasenballsport Leipzig - Dinamo Zagreb (tweaked version)
View attachment 330821 View attachment 330820 View attachment 330819

Bundesliga. Bayern Munchen - Rasenballsport Leipzig (Tweaked version)
View attachment 330815 View attachment 330814 View attachment 330816

Bundesliga. Rasenballsport Leipzig - Freiburg (5.1 version)
View attachment 330810 View attachment 330811 View attachment 330809

CL. Rasenballsport Leipzig - Dinamo Zagreb (5.1 version)
View attachment 330807 View attachment 330806 View attachment 330805

Bundesliga. Bayern Munchen - Rasenballsport Leipzig (5.1 version)
View attachment 330802 View attachment 330801 View attachment 330800
Nothing to shame. But normally I would use the counter tactic. Just for the test! =)

The review.
As you can see, with the tweaked version we draw, won and lose in the three games. In all the three games my forward 3 scored just one goal, Rebic. That is not good enough for my 3 forward players in 3 games. But, I don't give a **** if they don't score, but they have to play well then. And they just don't in the tweaked version. Poor match statistics and poor individual statistics and ratings. And with the inside forwards the formation has the shape of a 4-5-1, not a classic 4-3-3.
1 Win - 1 Draw - 1 Lose (0 goals from striker, just 1 goal from inside forward Rebic)

With the control (5.1) version everything went a lot better. There is much more space for my two centre midfielder and striker, much more danger from the flanks and better statistics and results. So, what do we know now? Simple. The control 5.1 version is a much better organized way of play with much more danger and results. But, this test isn't saying that the tweak for the striker doesn't work.
My centre midfielders score much more with this 5.1 version because they have the space to go inside the box or shoot from distance.
2 Win - 0 Draw - 0 Lose (0 goals from striker, 1 goal from winger)

I will make an another test to see if the striker does score more (and play better) with an advanced forward role!

Last edited:
Good first season, mate. Think that if you would have used 5.1 in some (away) games you would have less draw and losses. But these results with a total season on attacking mentality are great!

yeah your probably right as I threw away leads and a few dodgy performances so i think thats down to my player motivation talks in-game. cheers for the tactics though mate good work.

what tactic were u using mate ? also how did u field your team

what tactic were u using mate ? also how did u field your team

V5 I used and used players in their natural positions pastore left moura right and rotated striker and full backs according to fitness and form

Back