ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

For ChristianEriksen (hope you have the time to read this): First of all, congratulations on a great piece of work, I play this game since the early years and what you did here greatly surpasses everything I have encountered in all this years. You practically outclassed every single tactic proposed by others in previous years. I tested your three strikers tactic and I can say it is a beast, but I have a question: The Complete Forward role is a really demanding role and the lower your club is, the harder it is for the manager to find a player that would fit this role. I never take over a big club because I think that is missing the entire point and fun of this game. So, if you choose an English club, a good Complete Forward will usually join you when you play in Premier League. But if you take over a lower league club you will need a few years to get promoted there and, until then, you will have to use some attackers that don’t really fit the role ad thus probably loose some of the great potential of this system. The question is: what would the impact be if one of them will change from a Complete Forward with a Support role into a Poacher or an Advanced Forward. Basically, you turn one of your Creating AND Finishing attackers into a Finishing only, but you still have a Deep Lying Forward and another Complete Forward to participate in building attacking moves. How much will the huge attacking ability of this tactic will be affected by such a change? I am asking you before testing this tweak myself because you are the one who created it and I am only the one to understand it (and because I can’t get to my computer for a couple of days and can’t play the game, instead I am thinking of it)
Thank you for the compliments. If I were you, I would test if the tactic work for the lower leagues. For sure have a good point about the complete forward, there isn't a good one in the lower leagues. If it isn't working then I would try to make two (I don't know the word and have no FM over here) hanging strikers on the sides and one poacher at the middle. But I can't say it works for 100% because I haven't try it myself. But have a look and a test and let me know. Superb you're using my tactics and have a lot of fun with it. Keep it up, mate!

I'm about to start V5 with Lowestoft. Lost three in a row with V2.
Try to understand why you have lost those games. Otherwise, there is a big chanche it will happen again. If it were just three lucky games.. that's football. :)

Something I always been wondering about.
When its 2nd season + and u just made a few transfer, tactic is almost fluid as it is.
Do you still suggest traning tactics? Does it have any impact more than making the tactic fluid?

Thats what I dont know, maybe it will be good to train tactics in preseason although its fluid.
But im not sure :D I dont think so, so Ill stick with fitness and team cohesion

Also my counter attack version of the 4-3-3 3 strikers sucked.. leaked goals
hope someone can make a better one than me :)

4-3-3 isn't meant to be played as *counter*

try to understand fellas for the 2 guys tried the nxt3. (i would say 2,5 are better :P)
not every game will be perfect, and you need to tweak the tactic to suit the match you are playing.

like jacky, for example or like noam. impossible to create one tactic that suits for every situation.
for hard games i would imagine that u'll need to switch to counter, special against team like barca, like noam did.
games with long ball you will need to tell your team to drop deeper and so on .. :D

Last edited:
4-3-3 isn't meant to be played as *counter*

try to understand fellas for the 2 guys tried the nxt3. (i would say 2,5 are better :P)
not every game will be perfect, and you need to tweak the tactic to suit the match you are playing.

like jacky, for example or like noam. impossible to create one tactic that suits for every situation.
for hard games i would imagine that u'll need to switch to counter, special against team like barca, like noam did.
games with long ball you will need to tell your team to drop deeper and so on .. :D

There are far too many tactics on this thread?

I think I have been using your version 5, is there now a new one?

What is Guz5SW33Z?

Just direct me to a link on here if you can, it is very hard to follow!

Guz5SW33Z is a version of the v5 that meant to be played while facing a stronger opponent special away games.

on the first page u can find a link for all the nxt tactics.

there are three trainings, Which is better for FC Barcelona team at first, when competition sarts and when tactic is fluid?

Thank you for the compliments. If I were you, I would test if the tactic work for the lower leagues. For sure have a good point about the complete forward, there isn't a good one in the lower leagues. If it isn't working then I would try to make two (I don't know the word and have no FM over here) hanging strikers on the sides and one poacher at the middle. But I can't say it works for 100% because I haven't try it myself. But have a look and a test and let me know. Superb you're using my tactics and have a lot of fun with it. Keep it up, mate!

Thanks for the answer. I have tested the Three Striker Tactics (as it is) with my Leeds United account and it works very good, even if use a natural Poacher (Billy Sharp) and a Poacher/Target Man (Brian Montenegro/Souleymane Doukara) for the Complete Forward roles. In one of the games, I played away at Millwall and started with the Drop version, but got battered by the 15th minute. Then, I changed to the Counter version and B.Sharp (Poacher employed as Complete Forward) scored 5 goals and missed many more chances. The team went for 8 wins in 8 games and trashed the opponents, scoring 4-5 goals a game, home or away. I am sure that it would be even better if I actually had the right players for the job. And this is exactly why I asked in the first post, because I am also going to test it with a club in the last possible division and there I will not afford too many transfers and you have to adapt to whatever players you have at disposal. I will try some tweaks with the strikers and let you know about the results.

Hello, I`m testing the nxt 5 and Guz5SW33​Z version with Southampton. Does it matter what player takes the corners?

Hello, I`m testing the nxt 5 and Guz5SW33​Z version with Southampton. Does it matter what player takes the corners?
Yeah, I think LB has to take left corners and RB right corners

There are too many tactics and posts here and the more I try to read and find the more I get confused ...

Can someone tell me at least the TOP 3 tactics right now ?

There are too many tactics and posts here and the more I try to read and find the more I get confused ...

Can someone tell me at least the TOP 3 tactics right now ?

Personally if I recommend the guzzla and sw33z tactics its in the opening post but also download the 4-3-3 tactic that is in the opening post. And all you need to do is listed in the opening post. Just use the 3 striker tactic as somthing different when the AI realises how to setup against the nxt/sw33z tactics. I hope this helped

Personally if I recommend the guzzla and sw33z tactics its in the opening post but also download the 4-3-3 tactic that is in the opening post. And all you need to do is listed in the opening post. Just use the 3 striker tactic as somthing different when the AI realises how to setup against the nxt/sw33z tactics. I hope this helped

It sure did. Thanks man :)

Can you post the link to the explanation on how to use those two tweaks (or tell me what pages its on...)

Hi,

The V12 ect...are continuing to develop? We will see the next version like V13 with all the tactics, press/drop/control ect?

Not lucky games - It's that that through ball.
I also think the counter might help.
We went ahead at home against 20th placed Brackley - got done by another through ball.
1-1 Went to counter. Got the ball ahead quickly, scored the winner in the last minute. I think counter will work for us. Using control, we get muscled off the ball even against lower teams in the cup.

Not lucky games - It's that that through ball.
I also think the counter might help.
We went ahead at home against 20th placed Brackley - got done by another through ball.
1-1 Went to counter. Got the ball ahead quickly, scored the winner in the last minute. I think counter will work for us. Using control, we get muscled off the ball even against lower teams in the cup.

Depends what tactics your using?

Back