ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

Just went through the entire thread. Will give it a go with almost everyone's favourite ManUtd and see how it goes.

@Christian

Do You think 5.1 will work after release?

Defending Corners

View attachment 330687

Tweak your formation with these Defending Corner settings, seems to concede a lot less. Im not saying im not conceding at all but a lot less compared to the default settings. Will test it more.

Been testing this setup against Man Utd away.

Default : Concede 3 from corners 1 Free Kick
This Setting : Concede 0 from Free Kick 0 from Corners

the match end 1-1... good results

Hi mate. You know ive had great results with your tactic!. Maybe when you tweak you should just have the best tactic on the OP instead of v 1,2,3,4,5,5.1 etc just to make it more simple for some of the other posters who keep asking what works best. Just a suggestion, keep up good work mate! :)

Just quick update started new save using v5 v5.1 as Utd played 3 lost 3 been using the Adv For tweak. Conceding all over the shop set pieces the lot. Tactic is nearly fluid due to amount of friendlies played. Lost 5-1 at home to WBA, Lost 1-3 to Liverpool away and lost 2-0 at home to Swansea. :( Back to base tac v1 and v1.1 for me!

View attachment 701823

Tweak your formation with these Defending Corner settings, seems to concede a lot less. Im not saying im not conceding at all but a lot less compared to the default settings. Will test it more.

Been testing this setup against Man Utd away.

Default : Concede 3 from corners 1 Free Kick
This Setting : Concede 0 from Free Kick 0 from Corners

the match end 1-1... good results

Yup Zonally marking the 6 yard box seems to make a big difference this year.
I'm set up.
RB Near Post
LB Far Post
2xCD Mark Tall
DM Zonal 6 Yard
2xCM Zonal 6 Yard
RW Edge
LW Stay Forward
ST Zonal 6 Yard

It has made a big difference. Of course the update is out in about 8 and a half hours so none of this might matter

Last edited:
Just quick update started new save using v5 v5.1 as Utd played 3 lost 3 been using the Adv For tweak. Conceding all over the shop set pieces the lot. Tactic is nearly fluid due to amount of friendlies played. Lost 5-1 at home to WBA, Lost 1-3 to Liverpool away and lost 2-0 at home to Swansea. :( Back to base tac v1 and v1.1 for me!

Yeah, I know what you mean with publishing just one updated tactic. But as may have experienced as well, a tactic can be fine for someone and rubbish to someone else. Barca play in RL tiki-take, do you play this with Crystal Palace you will get hammered. I can't delete the other tactic because the results from other people speaks for itself. Everyone has his tactic version for his team.

View attachment 330670

Here are a few of my results, 2nd season in with Man United. Using only 5.1 Version with no tweaks apart from in game depending on opponent i either ask to play quicker for weaker teams or for harder teams i play a little slower

hey people have a quick question, i've setted the OI's as is posted in the oppening post, but when i start a match and before the team talk it asks me for the OI's its an error? or do i have to put them before every match? thanks in advice!

Hello Christian!

I've had great results thus far with the 5.1 Control tactic. In the last 4 matches I added the Complete Forward tweak, resulting in my striker being on fire. Also had a nice revanche on AZ (muahaha)

View attachment 330662

hey people have a quick question, i've setted the OI's as is posted in the oppening post, but when i start a match and before the team talk it asks me for the OI's its an error? or do i have to put them before every match? thanks in advice!

This has confused a few people, they are applied though. When you are in match at the opposition instructions screen to the right of 'Set Overall Instructions' click on 'Show Positions' :)

MUFC 2nd Season

Started using 5 & 5.1 - +/- 10 games in and results have been good (beat Arsenal away and Chelsea at home) but lost twice away to mid-level teams.

Changed back to 3.1 for one game now because when I watched the games using 5 & 5.1 very little was happening from open play. Almost all goals came from corners and crosses from right wing to striker.

First game back on 3.1 and exciting play from AML and AMR is back.

Back