ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

What can i do to protect lead? for example, winning 3-0 in first half, wat can i change to protect that in second half?
You can set two DM's and one CM. You can switch to control (when playing attack), you can set two CM's on control, or one defend and one control, for example. Their are so many tweaks possible, but no single tweak guarantee you will hold the lead.

I've been enjoying the 4221 very much. I'm playing Wolfsburg (who are doing great in real life, by the way) and with 20 Bundesliga matches so far i've been standing between 2nd and 6th (Bayern is dominating). Haven't though got used to D-Line playing, as sometimes I'm not sure if I'm interpretating the Scout Report well and if i'm using the adequate mentality... I'm hoping with time I'll be able to understand it easily. Corner kicks are great, tank you for that!
I signed Lucas Romero and Balanta, de Bruyne has been amazing (ballon d'or candidate) and I've been playing Junior Malanda very very often and he is doing fine. Bendtner is a bit inconsistent but he was able to score about 8 goals so far.
Hope you find some time to reply and perhaps give some advice!

I've been enjoying the 4221 very much. I'm playing Wolfsburg (who are doing great in real life, by the way) and with 20 Bundesliga matches so far i've been standing between 2nd and 6th (Bayern is dominating). Haven't though got used to D-Line playing, as sometimes I'm not sure if I'm interpretating the Scout Report well and if i'm using the adequate mentality... I'm hoping with time I'll be able to understand it easily. Corner kicks are great, tank you for that!
I signed Lucas Romero and Balanta, de Bruyne has been amazing (ballon d'or candidate) and I've been playing Junior Malanda very very often and he is doing fine. Bendtner is a bit inconsistent but he was able to score about 8 goals so far.
Hope you find some time to reply and perhaps give some advice!
Well.. Looks good when you finish behind Bayern at second place. By the time you will beat them, for sure. Well, D-line is just a helpline, a sort guide to give you more chance to win the game. While playing a match your opponent is switching between tactics and/or instructions. That's why it is import to look to the matches and see what's going on. You have to anticipate on what you see. If you see every attack is through the middle, switch to 'play narrower' (this is just an example of how easily it is when you see what's going on). For a new FM'er it is hard to see the in-match changes from the opponent, but when you look carefully and play the game a lot, you will see some oppurtinities to give you more advantage to win the game. Even when I see the drop deeper doesn't play well I switch to press because I am just curious to see how that will be. So, it is not just 1+1=2, cause you als can win with just press against a long ball tactic.

When I download version 15 there is only PRESS, you have not included any DROP tactics.

When I download version 15 there is only PRESS, you have not included any DROP tactics.
No, you have to make a DROP version. Select a copy of the press version, go to team instructions and select 'drop deeper' and deselect 'offside trap'.

ChristianEriken Football Manager Guide.
I will post this in the OP.

Training
1. It is important to set individual and team training. Don't forget to set this up, because it helps you players to be more prepared on situations, will make your players better and get them comforable with your own tactic. Yes, training is important. But, their is no such thing as a 'winning' or 'the best' training. You have to anticipate on what you see. If you're leaking too many goals than focus on defensive training or focus on attack when scoring less goals. Have a though month and playing lots of games in a small period of time than switch to 'fitness' or the 'defensive' training, when you have a small squad.

Team talks

2. Team talks are pretty imporant. Saying one wrong note to your players can make the difference between losing and winning. Make sure you have a sort of safe team talk that you can't 'damage' your players. If you don't know what to say in some situations then you can read a guide (google for 'team talk guide FM'). If you said something wrong it is possible to put the morale a bit up by shouts in-match.

Hold the lead

3. Are you taking the lead and want to take less risks? Their are multiple ways to hold the lead, but none of them is just a 'winning' method. You have to test some things to see what suits your squad best. The tweaks you can use are play in a much lower tempo, switch to counter or control, select other duties for players (This one is my favorite, I put my CM's in a defensive or control role), play with two DM's, etc. Like I said, there are multiple ways to take less risks and hold the lead, but with none of them you can guarantee you will hold the lead.

Anticipate in-match
4. Make sure you look to matches your team play to see what's going on. I always select the match statistics screen and the player ratings from my squad. With these two screens you can see how your team is playing and if you have to anticipate. Don't always trust on the tactic when your team isn't playing well. Anticipate and see if you can turn the match up in your advantage. Some little tweaks can do so much in a match. For example, if the opponent is playing through the middle you can switch to 'play narrower' and make the opponent less stronger. Even the opponent is anticipating so you have to look carefully to what they are changing to give a good respons on their tactic and formation. For example, their are narrow formations who can't handle the instruction 'play through the flanks'. Play much of FM and you will (better) see how things to exploit.

Very good start with west ham to the current season

eFtJw3n.png

Christian, giving V15 41221 with fb and play narrower (off) tweaks with my struggling Lowestoft Team - 17 in Conference in early March. Will start on attacking mentality.

First game lost 2-1 at Bristol Rovers - one of the best teams. We started attacking, conceded early - went to counter. After we went 2-0 down, went to attack, played quite well, pulled one back. Bristol Rovers hung on a bit. I noticed - there are no men on the posts at corners - we conceded our first from a corner. It's hard to find a decent CF at lower levels - is there an alternative setting for striker that could be used?

Another 2-1 loss, this time at high flying Forest Green - the game followed exactly the same pattern.

52% possession to me - 4 ccs each. My two goals conceded were from set pieces.

This time we took our chances - 5-1 at home to bottom club Staines. At 4-1 with 20 left, I went to counter and set the CMs to defend - we controlled the game really nicely.

And a 1-0 win at home to 4th placed Torquay!!!! Brilliant. Started with attack - gave as good as we got. Took the lead after 60. 70 went to counter. 80 moved a cm back - so we had two dms and a cm defend - they did brilliantly and we nearly got a surprise second.

Tomorrow a new version! :)
Ahh can't wait.. I hope it works even better! :P

TBH i'm using yours, nxt5 tweak, and lok1to's tacs, and i find yours to be the best/stable for this patch 15.2
and yea, the FB and narrow tweak makes the 433 tac better too, not only 41221/4321

Back