ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

I've just won like below on v17. My only tweak was to remove "Work Ball into Box" as I strongly believe that particular instruction means the opposition just crams the box all the time. I think playing direct works better against the ME. Just my opinion :)

Anyway lost against liverpool 1-0, rage quit and reloaded with that tweak and...

View attachment 317067

1N0pRLd.jpg

zgdyrbO.jpg

kVrIB7Q.jpg

09LUFWp.jpg

OI from OP. All credits goes to Christian Eriksen
Contain for last 15 min

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way of saving the OI, or do I have to input it each time?

Do it in the tactics screen when you are NOT playing a match. Don't do it before the match starts where you give the team talk. That will only work for that match. If you do it in the tactic screen (press CTRL-T and you'll be at the tactic screen).

Do it in the tactics screen when you are NOT playing a match. Don't do it before the match starts where you give the team talk. That will only work for that match. If you do it in the tactic screen (press CTRL-T and you'll be at the tactic screen).

That's what I've done, but it's still not showing up in when I go to the match.

Wow! 160 goals and 33-1-0 record. Absolutely loving it!

Greaaaaat results with West Ham United. Thank you so much for sharing!

@Niall76, yes right. I created the tweaked 17 (17.0) in the Ligue 1, so I don't know how it will result in lower leagues. In my opinion, I would use it even in lower leagues and see how it works out. If it isn't working than I would just seek for another role as DM and an another role as striker. Or one of each, but the main problem COULD be the DM role. But haven't tried! Good luck.

Thank you all for sharing the results. Keeps me updating the tactic and I like the feedback in terms of pictures and words. Thank you!

I am a day off to The Efteling, a dutch tycoon park!
Will give it a go and keep you updated.
If it's an issue - depending on which part of the pitch will go AF, DM (defend) or both.

is the 4231 in the OP that good ?
can't have any decent results with it :(

Something special to do using it ? Different corner taker, Different OI or match training than V17 ?

Last edited:
That's what I've done, but it's still not showing up in when I go to the match.

When you reach the OI screen prior to the game click "show positions" and you'll see your OI there. It shows the OI by players by default, and you made the OI by position.

Hey there.

So after a rather average start to the season with southampton I was firmly floating around mid table. I decided if i was going to get anywhere this season I needed to do something different. I came across your new v17 tactic and thought Id give it a shot.

So I just finished the first season. Here's my feedback

I'm going to be honest. I'm not just going to post one picture where I won well and rave about the tactic, nor am i going to post about the games I lost saying its **** and doesnt work.

I will say that defensively. I conceeded lots of silly goals. Poor defending, no marking and just weak in the air. Which is strange as Balanta has 19 marking.

That out of the way, going forward was great. As you can see from the fixtures a couple of noticeable wins against chelsea, untied and liverpool. Spurs i just couldnt seem to beat, lost to them in the carling cup final as well. That was around a time of unexplainable bad form where I only one 1 in 7 after winning 7 in a row.

All in all i really like the tactic. I think if I have had it training from pre season I would have avoided the poor start I had an could have pushed for a CL spot. Anyway, theres room for improvement and hopefully I can do that next season

main tweeks I made, I of course did team talks and in game team talks myself. much prefer it that way. The OP I left for my assistant apart from in the games in which teams have evidently dangerous players.

Lucas Romero played my Roaming Playmaker role in DM very well, i moved him into the midfield and made that an anchor man for big games.

Zaza was fantastic in the false 9 role when I signed him scored 5 in one game (screenshot) and the winner against Chelsea final game of the season to secure Europa League, even though for some reason it doesnt say that on the table screen shot.

Also changed player roles to defensive when I was winning to hold a lead, and attacking when losing to push for a goal.

I need to improve against top teams, any advice? I haven't ever been destroyed using this tactic but just often lose by a goal.

Any other advice you'd offer going into my second season, to build more consistency with the tactic and avoid the mid season blip like last year?

Thanks for a great tactic.

Screenshots attached.

Hey there.

So after a rather average start to the season with southampton I was firmly floating around mid table. I decided if i was going to get anywhere this season I needed to do something different. I came across your new v17 tactic and thought Id give it a shot.

So I just finished the first season. Here's my feedback

I'm going to be honest. I'm not just going to post one picture where I won well and rave about the tactic, nor am i going to post about the games I lost saying its **** and doesnt work.

I will say that defensively. I conceeded lots of silly goals. Poor defending, no marking and just weak in the air. Which is strange as Balanta has 19 marking.

That out of the way, going forward was great. As you can see from the fixtures a couple of noticeable wins against chelsea, untied and liverpool. Spurs i just couldnt seem to beat, lost to them in the carling cup final as well. That was around a time of unexplainable bad form where I only one 1 in 7 after winning 7 in a row.

All in all i really like the tactic. I think if I have had it training from pre season I would have avoided the poor start I had an could have pushed for a CL spot. Anyway, theres room for improvement and hopefully I can do that next season

main tweeks I made, I of course did team talks and in game team talks myself. much prefer it that way. The OP I left for my assistant apart from in the games in which teams have evidently dangerous players.

Lucas Romero played my Roaming Playmaker role in DM very well, i moved him into the midfield and made that an anchor man for big games.

Zaza was fantastic in the false 9 role when I signed him scored 5 in one game (screenshot) and the winner against Chelsea final game of the season to secure Europa League, even though for some reason it doesnt say that on the table screen shot.

Also changed player roles to defensive when I was winning to hold a lead, and attacking when losing to push for a goal.

I need to improve against top teams, any advice? I haven't ever been destroyed using this tactic but just often lose by a goal.

Any other advice you'd offer going into my second season, to build more consistency with the tactic and avoid the mid season blip like last year?

Thanks for a great tactic.

Screenshots attached.

I will post another time a full reaction to all of your feedback. But, the OI's from the OP are very important. Those OI's are settled to press, as I have at team instructions no pressing method selected.

I will post another time a full reaction to all of your feedback. But, the OI's from the OP are very important. Those OI's are settled to press, as I have at team instructions no pressing method selected.

Would appreciate you explaining them to me so I can get the best out of my team. Thanks mate

tbh you don't need 4 players staying at your own half, 2 is more than enough, and make sure they're fast (in case of counter attack). logically/usually the best takers aren't defenders (except players like baines etc. so put em "go forward")

still a little confused : players like baines you put on go forward ? . maybe you could upload your setup for me to watch it ? peace

Does anyone know where it tells you the oppositions passing style in the report?

Back