ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

I have had much success with earlier versions of your tactic, with different teams. I started playing Verona now after the release of v17, and I am now on the second season. First season was pretty great, although not as impressive as some results posted here. Placed fifth in the end, after being placed second most of the season. I had bought some young players like Odegaard, Ajer, Savitskiy who performed prettty good already, so I expected even better results for the second season. But no.

I am currently placed 17th, with just 12p on 15 games, and I failed to qualify from a pretty easy EL group.

The tactic is of course fluid, and the morale is mostly yellow even with the bad form. I bought Boyé as F9 backup for Saviola, and Gaston Gil Romero for midfield, so I think my squad should be decent, as both Ajer and Marquez should be decent roaming playmakers.

What I see is my players often make really bad decisions, and seem to often have too little time with the ball and fail to pass through the opponents press. I have tried mixing it up between "control" and "attack" mostly, and I use the lower defense line vs long balls, actually haven't conceded any long ball goals at all this season.

Just wanted to post some more negative results, even though Verona usually has been relegated managed by the AI on my other saves...

I downloaded your first tactic the version 1 and have just come back on here and seen that you have created some more versions. I have downloaded and extracted them but they show as FMF files and not TAC files how do i change them?

btw the first version is ace so cant image how good the new versions will be

Last edited:
Hello Christian, and thanks for your contribution with this amazing tactic!
Personally, I haven't tested it yet, but I've read several pages of this thread, ad almost everybody is really happy using it. :D

I am about to start my first save with FM15, and I have chosen to manage Fortuna Dusseldorf, a top team in the German 2nd League. I've downloaded the last version of the tactic (v17) and I have some questions:

1) About the three central midfielders: what kind of players should they be? I am currently planning to use an anchorman-type as DM and two advanced playmakers/AMC as CMs. Is that ok? Or b2b midfielders would be a better choice?

2) Which one of the two CBs should be the tallest/best in the air?

3) Should the wingers be crossers or inside forwards with opposite feet?

4) Is it fine to put a tall, big player (target man type) in the ST slot?

5) Any particular advice regarding set pieces? They were so 'bugged' on FM14...

Thanks in advance for your help, and sorry if any of these have already been discussed before.

still a little confused : players like baines you put on go forward ? . maybe you could upload your setup for me to watch it ? peace
what i meant is, normally my takers are attackers (STs, AMFs..), which mean they should have "go forward" instruction..But if your best taker is DF, fear not, just let the instruction as it is (either "go forward" or "stay back"), if he's good enough, he won't just slam the ball to the wall which results in counter attack..but if you're too afraid/cautious, then add other player to "stay back" list..but IMO, you don't hv to, seriously...

Personally, I haven't tested it yet, but I've read several pages of this thread, ad almost everybody is really happy using it. :D

I am about to start my first save with FM15, and I have chosen to manage Fortuna Dusseldorf, a top team in the German 2nd League. I've downloaded the last version of the tactic (v17) and I have some questions:

1) About the three central midfielders: what kind of players should they be? I am currently planning to use an anchorman-type as DM and two advanced playmakers/AMC as CMs. Is that ok? Or b2b midfielders would be a better choice?

Thanks in advance for your help, and sorry if any of these have already been discussed before.
Let me try..

1) tbh i think you should not change anything for the role, just train your players to adapt to it.. CM left shoud be the most creative.. anyway if you still wanna change the role, change it at your own risk :P

2) doesn't matter

3) doesn't matter, but the best WG u have should be place on right-wing position..I noticed left WG rarely involves in anything spectacular..normally i only put my young WG there to develop him/give game time

4) not sure, but if he's good as F9 too then why not..but i'm not sure bout target man. Like i said, use it at your own risk

5) nope, it's working quite okay already..

basically, just train your players to adapt to the positions..that might solve most of your 'dilemma'

Hey there.

So after a rather average start to the season with southampton I was firmly floating around mid table. I decided if i was going to get anywhere this season I needed to do something different. I came across your new v17 tactic and thought Id give it a shot.

So I just finished the first season. Here's my feedback

I'm going to be honest. I'm not just going to post one picture where I won well and rave about the tactic, nor am i going to post about the games I lost saying its **** and doesnt work.

I will say that defensively. I conceeded lots of silly goals. Poor defending, no marking and just weak in the air. Which is strange as Balanta has 19 marking.

That out of the way, going forward was great. As you can see from the fixtures a couple of noticeable wins against chelsea, untied and liverpool. Spurs i just couldnt seem to beat, lost to them in the carling cup final as well. That was around a time of unexplainable bad form where I only one 1 in 7 after winning 7 in a row.

All in all i really like the tactic. I think if I have had it training from pre season I would have avoided the poor start I had an could have pushed for a CL spot. Anyway, theres room for improvement and hopefully I can do that next season

main tweeks I made, I of course did team talks and in game team talks myself. much prefer it that way. The OP I left for my assistant apart from in the games in which teams have evidently dangerous players.

Lucas Romero played my Roaming Playmaker role in DM very well, i moved him into the midfield and made that an anchor man for big games.

Zaza was fantastic in the false 9 role when I signed him scored 5 in one game (screenshot) and the winner against Chelsea final game of the season to secure Europa League, even though for some reason it doesnt say that on the table screen shot.

Also changed player roles to defensive when I was winning to hold a lead, and attacking when losing to push for a goal.

I need to improve against top teams, any advice? I haven't ever been destroyed using this tactic but just often lose by a goal.

Any other advice you'd offer going into my second season, to build more consistency with the tactic and avoid the mid season blip like last year?

Thanks for a great tactic.

Screenshots attached.
I advice you to use the OI completely from the OP and don't leave it to your assistant. The OI's are for this latest tactic a must!
And.. I advice you to rotate in training method. Than fitness, than defesive positioning, sometimes it is good to rotate between that.

1) It would be go to tactics and press at the kit of the position at the right. Than you can see what attributes needed to be good for that position. Than you can press F5 and search for players with good ratings for that attributes.

2) Doesn't mind.

3) Doesn't mind. See what suits best!

4) No, just a 'Messi' type player, not a 'Crouch' one, apart from their skills.

5) Hmm.. Set FB as corner takers.

I have had much success with earlier versions of your tactic, with different teams. I started playing Verona now after the release of v17, and I am now on the second season. First season was pretty great, although not as impressive as some results posted here. Placed fifth in the end, after being placed second most of the season. I had bought some young players like Odegaard, Ajer, Savitskiy who performed prettty good already, so I expected even better results for the second season. But no.

I am currently placed 17th, with just 12p on 15 games, and I failed to qualify from a pretty easy EL group.

The tactic is of course fluid, and the morale is mostly yellow even with the bad form. I bought Boyé as F9 backup for Saviola, and Gaston Gil Romero for midfield, so I think my squad should be decent, as both Ajer and Marquez should be decent roaming playmakers.

What I see is my players often make really bad decisions, and seem to often have too little time with the ball and fail to pass through the opponents press. I have tried mixing it up between "control" and "attack" mostly, and I use the lower defense line vs long balls, actually haven't conceded any long ball goals at all this season.

Just wanted to post some more negative results, even though Verona usually has been relegated managed by the AI on my other saves...

It's a classic problem of plug and play tactics; they're all aggressive and high pressing so the first season you surprise everyone and counter their aggression. However, in the second, and especially the third season, the AI teams take you much more seriously, play more conservatively, sit deeper, soak up your pressing and destroy you on the counter.

That problems applies when you start with a low or mid-table team in a top league. If you start in lower leagues and climb your way up, each season you're a huge underdog most of the time and the same approach works when you climb up the leagues.

That's why we see these amazing back-to-back promotion screenshots, but no one ever posted his results three seasons in with teams like Stoke City, or in your case, Verona.

I'm playing as Barca and i just want YOUR opinion.. LCM (Attack) - RCM (Attack, Support, Automatic) ??
Even tough you said you like to switch the roles from time to time, what do you use the most when you start a match?

And just so you know, the reason i always ask the ''silly'' questions is just because i'm a perfectionist.. don't like to tweak and try out new things ;)

It's a classic problem of plug and play tactics; they're all aggressive and high pressing so the first season you surprise everyone and counter their aggression. However, in the second, and especially the third season, the AI teams take you much more seriously, play more conservatively, sit deeper, soak up your pressing and destroy you on the counter.

That problems applies when you start with a low or mid-table team in a top league. If you start in lower leagues and climb your way up, each season you're a huge underdog most of the time and the same approach works when you climb up the leagues.

That's why we see these amazing back-to-back promotion screenshots, but no one ever posted his results three seasons in with teams like Stoke City, or in your case, Verona.

Makes sense.

I think my squad is decent, offensively it's about the same as the squad I had with Inter in another save where I won 2 seasons in a row. The big difference is of course Kovacic, and then the goalkepper + centre backs.

Maybe I'll do better with one of these tweaks people made for teams like Barcelona... Or I should try my own tactic... The key for my Verona team should be possession and to not lose the ball in silly places. Hm, maybe I need to change the roaming playmaker to a more defensively minded role as well, to cover my mediocre defense...

Instead of this
Ajer
Romero-Hallfridson
Odegaard-Boye-Savitskiy

This
Romero (as defensive midfielder)
Halilovic-Hallfridson
Odegaard-Boye-Savitskiy

I'm playing as Barca and i just want YOUR opinion.. LCM (Attack) - RCM (Attack, Support, Automatic) ??
Even tough you said you like to switch the roles from time to time, what do you use the most when you start a match?

And just so you know, the reason i always ask the ''silly'' questions is just because i'm a perfectionist.. don't like to tweak and try out new things ;)
Mostly I play with the most attacking midfielder on attack and the other one at 'automatic'. ;)

First of all...
Thanks for the tactic ChristianEriksen.

I got promoted to the premier league with Wolves, I was obviously tipped to go down at first but with using your tactic I ended up finished sixth. Some impressive results on the way and I got to both the capital one/Fa Cup finals but lost in those somehow..
I'm a bit disappointed with finishing sixth as I was third in the table for the majority of the season until the last 4 games where I lost all 4 four games.

But again, thanks for the tactic.

Im getting fu*ked with V17 as arsenal.. losing 0-5 to napoli is kinda strange.

One should think i was arsene wenger

ChristianEriksen have you tried to make a 3 striker version of your V17?
I've currently testing a tweaked version in wich I just changed both wingers into strikers with F9 roles, with the exact same instructions as the center one. Results are being very promising!

ChristianEriksen have you tried to make a 3 striker version of your V17?
I've currently testing a tweaked version in wich I just changed both wingers into strikers with F9 roles, with the exact same instructions as the center one. Results are being very promising!
I have tried 3x F9 with ticked "play wider". Results are unreal as for now. Posted my tweak few pages back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back