ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

View attachment 316136

aaa670a8b515e4374882a5a1eb76e490.png

I got back to the V17 and tweaked it. Playing with one IF and one Winger, some new defending instructions and some new midfielder instructions.

Great. The IF role have always done great for me in this patch.
The striker F9 or CF?

ChristianEriksen - I playing FM 15 not too long, but I can see that your tactic is great. I've two question: 1) What about OI's, usually used the assistant prompts. I can do next, whether the game will suffer? Second question - Are you using motivational interviewing during the match?

I forget about 3rd question - Have you got filters with key attributes to your tactic?

Just finished my 2nd season with Borussia Mönchengladbach. 1st season I had a very bad start and I had 2 points after 4 games with V16. I changed to V17 after that and i have been using it since then. I finished 2nd in Bundseliga with 80 points(Bayern won with 84), I reached to German Cup final and lost there to Bayern(0-1) but I did won Euro Cup(4-1 after extra time n final against Leverkusen). So i was very pleased. I made some minor changed in squad in between 2 seasons, but mainly the squad stayed the same. But there was one very annoying thing throuhgout the whole 2nd season. All my well-performing players started to ask improved contracts evonthough they have lots of years remaining in their contract. My finances are not so great and I wasn't able to offer them better salary etc. So they become a bit sad and I think this was one of the reasons why my 2nd season didnt go so well. I finished 4th in league with 72p(6p behind champs Hamburg), lost in CL quater final against R.Madrid(1-6 in away game 1st leg did all the damage) but I did get the German Cup title, final 4-2 against Hertha. Actually, all I didn't face any good teams in cup games, so it was a must win campain at the end. And one more thing about 2nd season is that my star right winger Hahn(superb 1st season!) was injured most of the season and played only some games with low match fitness. Bad luck I guess.

I gonna continue with V17 and I hope next season is going to be little better. I try to sell some players and get some young prospects, so I can't expect to do very well.

Tweaked version 17.
Click for download!
Not the same as in the OP. As it is just a test! Think this one is better than the V17 and the V18.

View attachment 316117

Got two good IF's? Set two IF's!
Got two good wingers? Set two wingers!
Facing a long ball tactic? Select 'drop deeper' and deselect 'offside trap'.
Want to attack? Go ahead, change the mentality!

ChristianEriksen - I playing FM 15 not too long, but I can see that your tactic is great. I've two question: 1) What about OI's, usually used the assistant prompts. I can do next, whether the game will suffer? Second question - Are you using motivational interviewing during the match?

I forget about 3rd question - Have you got filters with key attributes to your tactic?
OI's are in the opening post. I use shouts in-game like 'concentration' and 'push more' (if that's the right translation in the shouts list).

With Valencia CF and only L. Romero has a transfer, I ended up third and accomplishing the objectives.

Tho I must say something, maybe it only happened to me: at the end of the season is like the teams know you completely well. If I hadn't lost so many matches there I could have ended first.

Now I did quite a bunch of transfers, like Depay, Tielemans, and some more wonderkids. I rearranged De Paul to work well on the right wing and now I'll try them as Inside Forwards!

Tho I must say something, maybe it only happened to me: at the end of the season is like the teams know you completely well. If I hadn't lost so many matches there I could have ended first.
It did not only happend to you. If it wasn't for all the random losses I had at the end of my first season with Swansea, I would've won the league as well. Lost so much points against teams I beat easily away during the first half of the season.

It did not only happend to you. If it wasn't for all the random losses I had at the end of my first season with Swansea, I would've won the league as well. Lost so much points against teams I beat easily away during the first half of the season.

I advice you both to switch more between attack and control at the end of the season. Also focus more on different types of match training and give the players more rest. As it is the end of the season players need more rest. Hope this will help a bit!

I've started very well my season with Real Sociedad. 3th in Liga BBVA, 2 wins in CL. I only lost first match, in Valladolid and in Bernabeu, but only 1-0. I'm using v16. I will change to v17 or v18 if results get wrong.

Thanks a lot.

I advice you both to switch more between attack and control at the end of the season. Also focus more on different types of match training and give the players more rest. As it is the end of the season players need more rest. Hope this will help a bit!

Okay, I'll do!!! My both wingers are IF and I have the OI's set so we'll see this season! Thank you!

Okay, I'll do!!! My both wingers are IF and I have the OI's set so we'll see this season! Thank you!

And an another possible tweak is at team instructions 'be more expressive'. But haven't tested that, but that just sound as a logical tweak when opposition teams get to know your tactic.

Thank you for your answers, it is really appreciated! But how do I know when I should use the drop version or the press version? Is it just to use the same version 17 for each season or needed i change something?

Thanks mate

When your scout gives you the report on next opposition, click the report and and select manager, then look at style of play. If it says direct or long passes, then use the DROP tactic.

If it says anything else, use the PRESS tactic.

Make the DROP tactic manually, by selecting "drop deeper" and deselect "offside trap".

I play with control mentality all the time! And rest before and after matches.

Then you will get a PRESS tactic in the first slot, and a DROP tactic in the second slot. I keep those two tactic all the time, unless ChristianEriksen releases a new version I would like to test :) Which by the way happens almost each day ;)

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Tweaked version 17.
Click for download!
Not the same as in the OP. As it is just a test! Think this one is better than the V17 and the V18.

View attachment 736063

Got two good IF's? Set two IF's!
Got two good wingers? Set two wingers!
Facing a long ball tactic? Select 'drop deeper' and deselect 'offside trap'.
Want to attack? Go ahead, change the mentality!

Won every single match with the new (above) one! (A)

View attachment 316037 View attachment 316036

Back