ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

BEAUTIFUL PLAY.

Welcome to the Beautiful Play tactics!

First of all, I don't see this as just a tactic sharing thread. I am trying to help you with with my view on Football Manager. So, before downloading these tactics below make sure you have a read at this thread. At least, if you don't have a lot of experiece with Football Manager. This thread is a sort of Guide to help you out in the world of Football Manager. Let's start with the latest version of the tactic.

I am a fan of the four defenders, three midfielders (or 1 defensive midfielder) and three strikers (or 2 wingers) formations. With these formation you can always select your favorite players, even when your favorite player is an attacking midfielder. You can easily train attacking midfielders to central midfielders with an attacking role and dutie. Below you can find the formation and the downloadlink of the latest tactic, made by ChristianEriksen.

Downloadlink
VERSIONS 19
Tactic added 30/12/2014
Possible tweak. If opposition midfielder break to your defence, set at PI mark tighter for RCM and DM.

I saw people, most of all in other threads, complaining about tests with Ajax and other big clubs. But keep in mind, these tests can be very helpfull as well. I deciced to take a very weak team in a big league in Europe. I took Crystal Palace in the English Premier League. The prediction is 18th and of course I deciced to do no single transfer. Below you can find the results. I begun this season with an older version and at februari I created the last version of the tactic, which brought me insane results!

Some more tests (older versions lead to the new versions)
I did some more tests, but I have to tell you these were with an older tactic version. And yes, I think the version above is way much better. So far I didn't test it with a top team but I guarantee it will work, as I saw some people results. I did a test with Paris FC and managed to get to the Ligue 1 in three seasons. I became in first season champion in Ligue 3, in second season top of the table in Ligue 2 and champions in Ligue 1 in third season. Keep in mind that all older tactic versions lead to the new tactic versions.
ChristianEriksen Guide and Tactic Information
Below you can my guide to help you with Football Manager. Things below are not a must to add, but it are just guidelines. It shows my view onto Football Manager and shows how I anticipate to situations. The guide helps you with information for the tactic and Football Manager in general.

Morale
First of all, it is important your players are happy. With a bad morale the results will not be as good. Make sure you listen to your players and talk on a regular with your assistant. The individual and team training is part of the morale from each player. So again, listen to your players. But, with the training I use, just a few players came unhappy to me. I always set these team- and individual training.

Individual- and team training
The first screen shows the team training for the pre-season. The second training is for team training in-season. The third screen is important to show you how I anticipate on what is coming next. With a though home game on the schedule against Tottenham Hotspur I select 'defensive training'. When I was managing Crystal Palace I selected for every away game and every big opposition 'defensive positioning' as match training. Another big thing is the rest you have to give your players. When having two or three days rest between games, I most of the time select a rest day for all three days between the matches. I rather have a full fit starting squad than a bit better player by training. When having a though period you can focus on, for example, fitness or defending. This will help you through that heavy period.
Good staff
I am always searching for good scouts, assistant managers and trainers. Below you can find an overview from my scouts and trainers during my Ajax season. Good trainers can make player (quickly) better and helps for a good morale and training.
Opposition instructions
Opposition instructions are important to make this tactic work. But, there is no such thing as the best OI's. Many different versions of opposition intructions, or even none for some tactics, are possible. I use the set of opposition instructions below for my latest tactic.

Anticipating
Football Manager is anticipating. There are so many, many, many, situations where you could aniticipate. And yes, I am gonna tell you some of them. These are just tips for some situations and not a must, but could help improve the results of a match of the morale in a team.

D-line play
Most of you already know of the D-line (defensive line) tweak. This is an easy tweak to be 'harmless' against the long ball from the opposition. There are several ways to see if the oppsotion is using the long ball whether or not. A few days before the match you will recieve a scouting report. That scout repots shows which most common assist type the opposition is using. You can also play the match and see how the opposition plays. Don't forget, otherwise you will get smashed by long balls.

Down to ten men
If you get down to ten men than take off the striker. If you must score you can put off the right central midfielder.

Match talks in-game and at half-time
Match talks are pretty important for the continue of the game. Most of the time I don't say a work and I just click to begin the second half. You still can use team talks, but you have to know sure you're good at it. Otherwise you will afflect the match result in a bad way. But, after I don't say any word I emmediately go to 'team talks' in-game I select 'encourage', 'contrate' or 'press forward'. I use these team talks like 3 to 4 times a match, mostly at the end of the game.

Tweaking the tactic
The tactic has so many tweaking points without afflecting the results. You have to tweak the tactic to your team and to match situations. For example, you need to hold the lead.. You can switch to counter, or just set all duties to 'support' or even 'defence'. I played against Manchester United with my Crystal Palace, set the duties to defence and still managed to creates chances. The F9 role is not the only possible role in this tactic. You can easily switch to a complete forwards or try another role. I haven't try other roles than the F9 and the CF.
If you have two good wingers than play with two wingers, instead of an IF. If you have two good IF's than play with two IF's. Or leave it as it is now when you got a good winger and one good IF. Below you can find a screen where you can find the tweaking parts of the tactic.

Starting a career

Before starting a new Football Manager I always spend some time to look carefully at what type of career I want. Do I want to start a career with a big club in a big league or do I just want to built up a new club onto higher leagues. This is very important for me to continue the fun in my manager careers. After selecting a team make some targets for yourself. Make targets for yourself in terms of transfers (focus on loan players, youth or buy players) and league ranking (are you happy with achieving the prediction or do you want to be top of the table every season). These targets can help you making decisions. For example, buying/offering a player a (new) contract or selecting a player from your youth squad.

Players filters
Below you can download the players filters. Have fun with it!
Player Filters
Beautiful Play Filters

Goalkeeper - Lloris, Neuer, ter Stegen, de Gea, Szcsesny, Courtois.
Full backs - De Sciglio, Rafael, Carvajal, Stones, Chambers, Azpilicueta, Debuchy, Clyne.
Central defenders - Varane, Hummels, Marquinhos, Jones, Umtiti, Zouma, Laporte.
Roaming playmaker - Andrea Pirlo, Schweinsteiger, Busquets, Romero, Javi Martinez, Lucas Silva, Gundogan.
Central midfielders - Pogba, Strootman, Koke, Kovacic, Ramsey, Romero, Kondogbia, Verratti, M'Vila, Sissoko.
You can also train CAM's to CM's.
Wingers - Sterling, Walcott, Markovic, Cuadrado, Sánchez, Cartabia, Deulofeu.
Inside forward - Neymar, Hazard, Bale, Ronaldo, Bernard, Sterling, Reus, El Sharaawy, Insigne.
Striker - Messi, Suárez, Jovetic, Lewandowski, Cavani, Aboubakar, Icardi, Berardi, Barbosa.

Old tactic versions
Below you can find the old versions of the tactic. Don't ask me which one to use or which one is the best. The is different for every club and every career. I also can't remember which OI's, the comparisons, settings and other stuff I have used.

Hello mate!!

Your individual training for cystal palace? If you have any screenshots? I've just started a new save with cystal palace and would therefore be estimated my friend!

Thanks the king!!!

Hello mate!!

Your individual training for cystal palace? If you have any screenshots? I've just started a new save with cystal palace and would therefore be estimated my friend!

Thanks the king!!!
Train to the role you play them. :)

The v19 with the v17 defence is awesome for Sunderland!

Thanks man, this is fun.

And this is exactly what I mean. Little tweaks can make a whole difference! Keep it up!

The only difference is having the CD's having the PI 'Close down less' isn't it? It's all I noticed.

I also have them close down less. I have been pretty much since 15.2 came out because it was the only way I could stop getting hit by through balls. It lets the opponent hit a few more long shots but overall they score much less.

The only difference is having the CD's having the PI 'Close down less' isn't it? It's all I noticed.

I also have them close down less. I have been pretty much since 15.2 came out because it was the only way I could stop getting hit by through balls. It lets the opponent hit a few more long shots but overall they score much less.
Exactly. But I have better results with the V19. So, it is different for every type of players!

ChristianEriksen career update.
Second season in Ligue 2, with Paris FC.

I am predicted to finish 8th. But, I wouldn't be happy with that after a first place in my first season in the Ligue 1. I write this to give you a view on my Football Manager career and how I tweak the tactic to my squad. I finished as first in my first season with the V17, but wanted to improve my results and switched to the V19.

This was my begin and I was far from happy with it..
View attachment 315646

The tweaks..
After some little tweaks my V19 started to work. You have to hold on, give the tactic some time, give some confidence to the players and make players suit the tactic by little tweaks.
I saw a lot of opposition midfielders who broke through my defence and my midfielders weren't follow them. So I decided to use 'mark tighter' at player instructions for my CMR and my DM.
I also noticed (I have no striker in my squad due to financial problems) my semi-strikers was just far from good enough. I trained El Ghazi to a striker, tweaked my AMR position to an Inside Forward, my AML to a winger and everything started to work like a train.

View attachment 315644

Got a quick red card against AFC Ajax. But won all the other games!
View attachment 315642

That simple it can be!

Last edited:
For some reason I can't get decent results with V19. Defense is leaky as a sieve... I'll be switching back to V17 which worked well for me. Keep up the good work!
Anyone got any advice for changing v17.0 for away games? I'm like two different teams home and away - fantastic at home and then random away.

Anyone got any advice for changing v17.0 for away games? I'm like two different teams home and away - fantastic at home and then random away.
Or focus, just like me with Crystal Palace, on defensive positioning in every away game.

The V19 is just little tweaked defensively from the V17. I selected no 'pressing method' in the V19. In the V17 I selected 'close down less' and the other one 'much less'. Below I put a downloadlink for a tactic with the V19 attack and the V17 defense.

https://www.mediafire.com/?qagnypy8o4gybnb
The other one 'much less'. Do you mean v17.0Press Christian? These are the instructions I have for that - are they right?
View attachment 315632
Like I said, the only tweaks I made to this was taking off 'shoot less' on the F9 and having men mark the posts at corners.
Have you an opinion on what I might change mentality to for away games? Control gets dominated a bit - maybe counter?

Or focus, just like me with Crystal Palace, on defensive positioning in every away game.
Thanks, mate! I've been trying - will persist with it.
I want to say thanks so much for the time and effort you put into these tactics and for putting up with my dumb questions. You are a fantastic fellow.

The other one 'much less'. Do you mean v17.0Press Christian? These are the instructions I have for that - are they right?
View attachment 737228
Like I said, the only tweaks I made to this was taking off 'shoot less' on the F9 and having men mark the posts at corners.
Have you an opinion on what I might change mentality to for away games? Control gets dominated a bit - maybe counter?
No! No! :)

In V17 the CD have 'close down much less' and 'close down less' at player instructions.
In V19 I removed both instructions at player instructions.
After someone told me he was leaking much and did better with the V17, I made a V19 with the defensive instructions of V17. (That's the link above)

Two of the last three away games, I've been dominated 55-45 with possession. Do you think it worth playing counter instead and would you ever play 'drop even deeper'.

***Please read***

Okay, were should I start.

It is really hard to create one tactic for everyone, that fits every team and makes every team playing for a place at the top of the table. That last one, is my target. I. want to create an overall tactic for different kind of teams and were people could be champions in first season with Crystal Palace.

As I am not a company, I can'f let my employees testing the tactics. Sometimes it is really hard to see if is because of the form of the player, the quality of the players or the tactic settings. Specially in defence this is sometimes hard to see.

I made three versions in a couple of days because I sometimes listen to much to people. A guy said the defence was very leaky from the V19 and I immediately made a version V19 with the V17 defence. But maybe it has more to do with his players.

Football Manager is not something as 1+1. A tactic can be great for someone and awefull for someone else. This is for every tactic! And sometimes I want to make a version FOR EVERYONE, which is not possible in Football Manager 2015.

I hope I can see many screens from you guys. Makes it a lot better to see where I need to fix te tactic.

Ps: will upload player filters link in an half hour.

So V19 is now with the defensive instructions from V17? And is this to download on front page?!

Gott nytt Year

Last edited:
Back