ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

Hi Christian. Congrats with a very successful tactic that seems to be the best here at FMBase.

For one reason, my teams don´t think that... Now I´ve used both V19 and V17 to my Fulham and Hannover as well. Sadly, they do not work. Is there anything you can imagine I am doing wrong/What is the FAQ prior to bad results=

V19=Excellent Tactic

The original ChristaianErikisen tactic from this thread had been an initial success in my 1st season of FM15 gaining promotion with my chosen minnows from League2 before i hit a wall and went searching for other answers. 3 frustrating seasons languishing in the glamour of League One with faulty, stuttering tactics & uninspiring performances I eventually built a squad that scraped through the playoffs but was not ready or tactically capable to compete in the Championship
So i came back to this thread and found the V19!!!!- freshly posted too. Just 25mins post posting actually, and instantly i had a different team.

That was at the start of the season this season, and have now just finished...
From a predicted finish of LAST place…achieved 2nd place and promotion with attempt. i must stress the quality of the squad that has done this makes it all the more remarkable
In the same season i took control of the Australian national team and duly won the Asian Cup destroying Sth Korea 9-2 in the final.

I will say it is does require attention to details and planning to make this work to the extent it can, but thats the way it should be and its all the more rewarding for being so.
E.g its important to know when to Press / Drop. It can be tricky picking which teams use long ball or not. Particularly in the championship i found teams to change around.
The stats only give so much away.

Training is important too as always. I started leaking goals until i focused on Defence and Defensive positioning.
I would recommend the OI settings given by Christian but I didn’t always use these and am uncertain to how much of difference they make in different circumstances.
Minor adjustments will likely help different team e.g. tweaks to the midfielders (DM, CMR) to support and to mark tighter helped me.
Also been experimenting with the fullbacks instructions. in Particular to counter a high percentage of goals from crosses. But i'd like some more help on this.

All this is common knowledge of course, its just nice to have a tactic which is so effective but easily adaptable without ruining its fundamental magic.

Recently Ive also had some remarkable performances using the attacking mentality instead of Control but this is not been tested properly
This tactic is a serious achievement , so Congrats must go to Christian on amazing work! I’m onl.y a season in but its a serious piece of work I can’t wait to see how it continues to perform
v19!!!!!
View attachment 315275
View attachment 315269

On the right: Tadic and Isgrove
On the left: Long and Sims (Mane is injured for 7 months)

I'm not on my Mac right now.

Play again tomorrow:)

So first season with V17 is over.
View attachment 315213

Bought and sold a lot of players before the 2nd season.
View attachment 315212

Started badly.
View attachment 315211

So decided to do team training TEAMWORK. This is what happened.
View attachment 315210

Gonna keep it on TEAMWORK until I loose :)

Has anyone else tried teamwork over a entire season?

Hi there!
I started using your tactics and it works very well. I've played around 15 matches, i've won 14 and got 1 draw.
I have a problem though. My player's shots are very poor and i only hit inside the goal around 25% of my shots. What should i train to improve this? I usually have around 20-40 shots each game.

So first season with V17 is over.
View attachment 738225

Bought and sold a lot of players before the 2nd season.
View attachment 738227

Started badly.
View attachment 738228

So decided to do team training TEAMWORK. This is what happened.
View attachment 738231

Gonna keep it on TEAMWORK until I loose :)

Has anyone else tried teamwork over a entire season?

You bought loads of players and your season didn't start well but then you started training Teamwork and your results got better? Well I'll be damned...

You bought loads of players and your season didn't start well but then you started training Teamwork and your results got better? Well I'll be damned...
It makes sense imo... In any team, in real life, chemistry between mates is very important... That's why Barca were soooo strong last few years, because they've played together fr a long time and know each other very well.

It makes sense imo... In any team, in real life, chemistry between mates is very important... That's why Barca were soooo strong last few years, because they've played together fr a long time and know each other very well.

Haha I was being sarcastic buddy. I just thought it was amusing that he stumbled upon the answer to a question he had no answer to and probably still doesn't even though it's staring him square in the doughnut hole.

Could I change the Centre mid to an Advanced Playmaker? Has anyone tried this and do you think it will work?

V19=Excellent Tactic

The original ChristaianErikisen tactic from this thread had been an initial success in my 1st season of FM15 gaining promotion with my chosen minnows from League2 before i hit a wall and went searching for other answers. 3 frustrating seasons languishing in the glamour of League One with faulty, stuttering tactics & uninspiring performances I eventually built a squad that scraped through the playoffs but was not ready or tactically capable to compete in the Championship
So i came back to this thread and found the V19!!!!- freshly posted too. Just 25mins post posting actually, and instantly i had a different team.

That was at the start of the season this season, and have now just finished...
From a predicted finish of LAST place…achieved 2nd place and promotion with attempt. i must stress the quality of the squad that has done this makes it all the more remarkable
In the same season i took control of the Australian national team and duly won the Asian Cup destroying Sth Korea 9-2 in the final.

I will say it is does require attention to details and planning to make this work to the extent it can, but thats the way it should be and its all the more rewarding for being so.
E.g its important to know when to Press / Drop. It can be tricky picking which teams use long ball or not. Particularly in the championship i found teams to change around.
The stats only give so much away.

Training is important too as always. I started leaking goals until i focused on Defence and Defensive positioning.
I would recommend the OI settings given by Christian but I didn’t always use these and am uncertain to how much of difference they make in different circumstances.
Minor adjustments will likely help different team e.g. tweaks to the midfielders (DM, CMR) to support and to mark tighter helped me.
Also been experimenting with the fullbacks instructions. in Particular to counter a high percentage of goals from crosses. But i'd like some more help on this.

All this is common knowledge of course, its just nice to have a tactic which is so effective but easily adaptable without ruining its fundamental magic.

Recently Ive also had some remarkable performances using the attacking mentality instead of Control but this is not been tested properly
This tactic is a serious achievement , so Congrats must go to Christian on amazing work! I’m onl.y a season in but its a serious piece of work I can’t wait to see how it continues to perform
v19!!!!!
View attachment 738074
View attachment 738091

what setting that you use at fullback?

Haha I was being sarcastic buddy. I just thought it was amusing that he stumbled upon the answer to a question he had no answer to and probably still doesn't even though it's staring him square in the doughnut hole.

Maybe teamwork is a better way of training your team than balanced. I understand that my new players need to get to know each other before they start performing.
It is a nice winning streak, and I wanted to share it.

Will try your v19 tweaks with Lowestoft in the conference. Did you change the RPM to DM support in 19.
I agree, I have much more chance of scoring and am only slightly more likely to concede on attack.
I also put men marking the posts on def corners and brought one of my cms back on attacking corners otherwise we were more likely to get caught on the break.
I also changed my striker to an AF.

Hello can somebody out there help me?

I i understand correctly you should use drop version when it appears on the match report: passing, direct and long ball?

But so far there has never been long ball during the playing style, but most directly or passing?

When i get a scout report on the team i meet so i go into the team report and then manager and then i assume what it says on playing style, is it right?

And everything else i use press version, i understand right?

Would be appreciated for the help??????

Yes but use drop for direct and long ball.
Use press for passing.
Yes, manager and playing style is correct.

This is by far the best tactic i've seen for this FM, I've used all different kind of versions of it in my save.
the results:

View attachment 315072View attachment 315071

My result with the different versions, I sadly don't have screenshots from before 2026, but until 2026 i pretty much used version 9 and as you can see it worked pretty well.

For my second spell at larisa I made screenshots.

2026/2027 - version 9
View attachment 315069
2027/2028 - version 15
View attachment 315068
2028/2029 - version 15
View attachment 315066
2029/2030 - version 15
View attachment 315065
2030/2031 - version 15
View attachment 315064
2031/2032 - version 16
View attachment 315061
2032/2033 - version 16
View attachment 315060
2033/2034 - version 17
View attachment 315059
2034/2035 - version 17
View attachment 315058
2035/2036 - version 17
View attachment 315073

If you want extra screenshots let me know

haha version 19 now? i'm still doing wonders with your previous V15 Press 433 tactic. absolute beast!

Do you think V19 works with Atletico Madrid, PSG and Barca, you know this big Clubs?:)

Back