ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

Maybe teamwork is a better way of training your team than balanced. I understand that my new players need to get to know each other before they start performing.
It is a nice winning streak, and I wanted to share it.

Once the team has fully gelled, Team Cohesion doesn't really do a lot. If you've added new players, or even promoted from your reserve squad, then its very helpful, but only for a time. Once your AssMan feedback is that the team has a good understanding, it doesn't do much.

Once the team has fully gelled, Team Cohesion doesn't really do a lot. If you've added new players, or even promoted from your reserve squad, then its very helpful, but only for a time. Once your AssMan feedback is that the team has a good understanding, it doesn't do much.

Ok:)

Can't wait to try it. Is it applicable on every team? For instance, an English league 2 team?

Last edited:
Started using your tactic when I was 7th in the EPL with Leicester with 9-10 matches to go in my 1st season. First I started using v19 and v.19.17. Results didn't go that well. Then I started using v17 and I won all of my 4 remaining matches of the season. One of the was at the Etihad stadium and I won 4-2 with all goals coming from set pieces(two of the goals were actually own goals. A shot saved by Hart but the ball hits Kompany's/Clichy's body and goes in lol). Whatever... next game vs. Villa won 4-0 with 3 of the goals from set pieces. Set-pieces are very pleasing! Especially when you have someone good who can take them.The other 2 games I won from these four were against Everton and Burnley.
So, those four wins took us to 4th place. AAAhhh yeaaaah! That meant Champions League for Leicester in my 2nd season.
LOOK AT THAT View attachment 315048 first match of 2nd season in the CL with the same starting XI as last season!

The latest version 19 seems to be going well for me but I get absolutely hammered by any of the so called top 4, just lost 5-0 against Man Utd away from home...

*** ChristianEriksen CD's testing ***
I want to show you how I keep improving the tactic.. And so do you!

As I don't want to play just my career, I always looking for some improvements of the tactic. This time I took a view at the central defenders. The central defenders are really important and I want them to be very solid. They need to stick at their positions and needs to be a stable factor at the back.

Lot of people try the V17 and the V19. Now I want to see what for my squad and for my Paris FC the best defensive set-up is. In V17 I am using for both defenders the 'close down (much) less' option. At the V17 I didn't select any close down option.

My right central defender.. Andre Wisdom. (No pressing method, V19)
View attachment 314993
I am playing with V19, no tweaks for the central defenders.

My left central defender.. Joshua Nadeau (Closing down much less, V17)
View attachment 314992
I am playing with V19, with the option 'close down much less' from the V17)

Test outcome.
View attachment 314986

View attachment 314987

Conslusion 1
There is no big difference the averages of both players. So, the outcome of this test says that there is no strong correlation in the 'averages from players' and the 'close down option'.

Conclusion 2
The outcome of this test also says that if we look at both versions (v17 and v19) results people have are not because of the defence. As their is no correlation between 'conceding goals' and 'version using'. So it says that if people have good results, for example with the V17 and not the V19, it is because of the attacking (and midfield) set up of the tactic version.

HOPEFULLY THIS TEST MAKE THINGS CLEAR!

Last edited:
The latest version 19 seems to be going well for me but I get absolutely hammered by any of the so called top 4, just lost 5-0 against Man Utd away from home...
Focus on defensive positioning, watch the game, analyze how they play, see it you can find any exploit (for example the flanks and play narrower), use team talks like concentration, etc, etc, etc.

On squad selection screen use your assistants advice for player roles and duty yr players will perform much better in there perfered roles.

Perhaps should ask this somewhere else or make an own thread for it.

But my god, offensive corners... I've put full backs (one takes the corner), and dmc to always stay back. And I've put wingers to stay back if needed.

Still, they line up beside each other, so that every ball that's cleared longer than the player I have roaming outside the box finds their attacker(s), and then they usually run faster than my players, creating counter attacks every time almost.

Perhaps should ask this somewhere else or make an own thread for it.

But my god, offensive corners... I've put full backs (one takes the corner), and dmc to always stay back. And I've put wingers to stay back if needed.

Still, they line up beside each other, so that every ball that's cleared longer than the player I have roaming outside the box finds their attacker(s), and then they usually run faster than my players, creating counter attacks every time almost.
Anticipate and put another play to stay back.

Back