ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

I WANT YOU TO TRY THIS!
Let's see if we can do something with this new version.

No need for stress of with version to use. It is your own responsibillity and I would see.. test and see what suits your team best. Let me know about the results please!

V20 - TEST TACTIC

View attachment 314374 View attachment 314373 View attachment 314372
Same OI, same training, same .., same .., same.. (Otherwise I would tell you)

I WANT YOU TO TRY THIS!
Let's see if we can do something with this new version.

No need for stress of with version to use. It is your own responsibillity and I would see.. test and see what suits your team best. Let me know about the results please!

V20 - TEST TACTIC

View attachment 740299 View attachment 740302 View attachment 740304
Same OI, same training, same .., same .., same.. (Otherwise I would tell you)

Christian Eriksen who should performs corners? V20 of course

1st match with v20 I win 3-2 (all goals from corner)
2nd match 2-3 (i switch to winger better play at attack) (tactic is not fluid full so I think that i lose) (lose with Arsenal) (I have Ajax)

Last edited:
Hi,

I got promoted with Barnet with this tactic and am doing ok in League 2 despite having no cash to spend!

I am missing so many chances though and a bit leaky in defence when winning, do you advise any changes for lower league teams?

I was 3-0 at home at HT and just drew 3-3, it seems a regular occurrence at the mo!

Cheers

Did you make any tweaks for your team? Playing with a very limited Lowestoft Town team, we are still inconsistent and I am interested in the changes lower league manager make.
My tweaks are - usually play v19 press - drop rarely works for me but i do use it against long ball teams.
Mentality is attacking, if i'm behind it's overload. If i use control I have poor possession and I figured that at least if I'm making loads of chances, which I do, at least I also have the ball and the opposition can't score.
I also have mark tighter on RCM and RPM. For a long time I used a DM but he didn't play much better even though he is much more suited to this role.
Any suggestions from anyone? Currently we are fifth in the conference - inconsistent though - win one, lose one. Rarely win away.

Well, when you are up with 2-0 or 3-0 at HT. I wouldn't say anything. I would just start the second half, go above to team talks and select 'encourage' or something. That will help you a lot with holding the lead.
And the missing of chances is just quality, I think.
Christian gave me great suggestions for this situation and I have only lost one good lead since imposing the.
If 3 up - I go, control, retain possession, much slower tempo. And if we look lucky to be holding on - I chance CMs to defend, RPM to DM defend, fullbacks to defend.
As Christian mentioned when giving the advice - it's common to add a fourth goal using this.

Have the same defensive issues. I concede many goals from corners, crosses and long shots from the left central area... it may be down to my big lack of quality players for the division I play in. Every team report I receive in every position they have a few 4.5/5 star players... Still performing well tho, currently 16th in the Vanarama Conference with Staines, March 2016, 12 pts clear of relegation zone, 10 games to go. Got to mention that I play in classic mode and I instant result the matches...
I used to concede from corners. I put my winger and striker marking posts and have conceded from one corner in about 30 games since.

can you upload to mediafire please cant get link to work once dowloaded thanks

PEOPLE WHO STILL WANT TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 'PRESS' AND 'DROP', CHECK THE OP!

And I cannot response to all of you.. (maybe I should make my own company of it ^^)

Thanks, i didnt notice it tbh. Theres that many pages here so i ended up just browsing instead of reading properly.

P.S. i think your caps lock might be faulty ;)

Using V19

I have tweaked thus:

The two central mids: I have removed dribble often and risky passes. The first I removed because it was compressing the defence in front of me too much, meaning a crowded box and pinball football. The second I removed because they were being too wasteful and I was getting caught on the break more than was comfortable. I do change it back if the defence is particularly shaky.

I have changed the wingers both to IF and have added Stay Wider.

I have made the RPM a lot more sensible with his passing.

Finally, I have great success in using Counter as a mentality as it decompresses the opposition team and allows gaps to open up, however I still do v well with Control.

I think it will conflict with the roaming playmaker if you set the CM's to AP. You just can try another role for the CM's (try it as AP for example) or use the filters to choose the right central midfielders.

Sorry I'm confused. That's what I said, that my CM's are playing better as AP. But they will conflict with the DM as roaming playmaker.
If I keep the roaming playmaker DM then which other roles are similar to the AP for the CM's?

Using V19

I have tweaked thus:

The two central mids: I have removed dribble often and risky passes. The first I removed because it was compressing the defence in front of me too much, meaning a crowded box and pinball football. The second I removed because they were being too wasteful and I was getting caught on the break more than was comfortable. I do change it back if the defence is particularly shaky.

I have changed the wingers both to IF and have added Stay Wider.

I have made the RPM a lot more sensible with his passing.

Finally, I have great success in using Counter as a mentality as it decompresses the opposition team and allows gaps to open up, however I still do v well with Control.
Good suggestions, Tony - how have you made the RPM more sensible with his passing?

Twice in 2 games I've gone 3-0 up at 60 minutes and both games end 3-3, each time an equaliser in the last minute. The ME feels like a joke at times.

I used to concede from corners. I put my winger and striker marking posts and have conceded from one corner in about 30 games since.
Heh... that actually works. Thanks a lot!

So, ok, after a year (in-game) of tweaking and struggling I finally seem to have found the right combination for my Staines team in the Conference. Currently 16th, 12 points behind the play-offs. Unbeaten in the league for 6 games. Can we win promotion? Soon we'll see...

Edit: Inconsistant.. inconsistant. I don't believe I can get promotion now, but at least I'm getting much better results.. I'll continue providing information...

(btw I play in classic)

Last edited:
Good suggestions, Tony - how have you made the RPM more sensible with his passing?

I should have also said my IF are set to support. This way I hope they cross more than run at the defence, thereby further reducing compression.

Also the CM are actually set to dribble less, as well.

I trained the RPM to a PPM of Play Simple passes.

Back