ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

Twice in 2 games I've gone 3-0 up at 60 minutes and both games end 3-3, each time an equaliser in the last minute. The ME feels like a joke at times.

When you go three nil up, put the mentality to counter. Try to (if you can) have this tactic as a second tactic but with Counter set so your team can get play it well.

Also, don't underestimate the use of touchline team talks. Use concentrate and demand more or encourage. Use concentrate particularly if you see your team conceding a lot of corners and free-kicks and also in the last 10 mins of the game.

Finally, make sure you untick risky passes for CM players if you are holding a lead and click Fewer risky passes and don't dribble. This will help maintain shape a bit better.

The 20.1 is much better for me. Tried 19 but I couldn't get a good run with it!
Didn't have the time to try V20.1 yet but yeah, this is the first time Koen tac doesn't work well for me (V19), which made me revert back to V17... Gonna try V20.1 tho, see if it's working for me :P

I've made a ''DROP'' version of the V20, changed to ''drop deeper'' and removed ''use offside trap''.
But if i wanna make a counter version as my third option, should i change the mentality to counter on the ''PRESS'' or the ''DROP'' version?

So a few more games in and version 8 is working wonders for me (i've still not lost). I'm arsenal by the way and apart from Depay (whose behind cazorla in the starting 11) and Balanta, I've not really bought anyone else in. I've played city and drew with them and then beat them on penalities using the v8 counter instruction when prior to that I got smashed 5-0 using another tactic so it does work. As I previously said though my strikers dont do anything during the game... I may as well not have them and all more goals seem to come from my wingers and midfielders. Maybe I just need better strikers...

Try unticking shoot less in the player instruction for the striker and making him a Complete or Advanced Forward. That has worked for me and am getting hattricks regularly.

Twice in 2 games I've gone 3-0 up at 60 minutes and both games end 3-3, each time an equaliser in the last minute. The ME feels like a joke at times.
I used to think that but now I disagree. Just like in real life, if you put defensive measures in place, change mentality, set RPM to DM, FBs to defend duty, CMs to support or defend, you can usually see the game out. I agree that some of the comebacks are a little over the top ie a side should also be more vulnerable when trying to fight back from 3-0 down but I think by and large it's not too bad in the sense that it forces managers to change tactics during the game.

Last edited:
Hello, some days I'm using the V19 with the Halifax. The defense is much more solid since I removed "do the offside"

Try unticking shoot less in the player instruction for the striker and making him a Complete or Advanced Forward. That has worked for me and am getting hattricks regularly.
Hi Tony,
Thanks for clarifying 'dribble less' and 'play simple passes' for CM and DM - will also change IFs (previously were wingers) to support and see how that goes.
I agree wholeheartedly with the striker. Not so many decent F9s or CFs at lower league level so I made mine an AF - unticking 'shoot less often' is an absolute must and seems to change everything for the striker in V19.

Logic. Because of the qualities of your players. I think you're still playing in some lower divisions, isn't it?
Now I'm in Sky Bet League 2.
rzO8O0I.jpg

Last edited:
Using V19

I have tweaked thus:

The two central mids: I have removed dribble often and risky passes. The first I removed because it was compressing the defence in front of me too much, meaning a crowded box and pinball football. The second I removed because they were being too wasteful and I was getting caught on the break more than was comfortable. I do change it back if the defence is particularly shaky.

I have changed the wingers both to IF and have added Stay Wider.

I have made the RPM a lot more sensible with his passing.

Finally, I have great success in using Counter as a mentality as it decompresses the opposition team and allows gaps to open up, however I still do v well with Control.

Thank you for this, i also added in the tweaks you suggested in post 4241 and it worked a treat in my first game using this tactic. Fulham v QPR derby @ Loftus road. Swapped to counter after 4th goal and got 2 more. Harry Reddnapp wasnt impressed :P

View attachment 313925

I am thinking about 'starting a new thread' or 'updating the thread with new tactics'.

Think you should open a new thread for the 3 striker tactic. This kind of formation has a lot of fans, and the current thread is way too messy already. Looking forward to it.

Back