ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

Thank you for this, i also added in the tweaks you suggested in post 4241 and it worked a treat in my first game using this tactic. Fulham v QPR derby @ Loftus road. Swapped to counter after 4th goal and got 2 more. Harry Reddnapp wasnt impressed :P

View attachment 741352

That's great mate. Having read the articles about compression in the game it makes sense. I'm using counter almost exclusively. Since I did my tweaks, I've had the following results. The draws were where inexperienced teams took the field and the loss was the first one and I wasn't using any touchline shouts, but made up for that in the second leg!!

I'm playing with Swansea BTW. I was particularly pleased with the last two... :D

View attachment 313913

Make sure you use the touchline shouts. Encourage when 1-0 up and if they start to come back in, use Concentrate. Also use concentrate in last 10 whatever the score :)

I've fiddled around with the striker role and found that poacher works quite well. They don't score many but it disrupts the defence a lot.

That's great mate. Having read the articles about compression in the game it makes sense. I'm using counter almost exclusively. Since I did my tweaks, I've had the following results. The draws were where inexperienced teams took the field and the loss was the first one and I wasn't using any touchline shouts, but made up for that in the second leg!!

I'm playing with Swansea BTW. I was particularly pleased with the last two... :D

View attachment 741377

Make sure you use the touchline shouts. Encourage when 1-0 up and if they start to come back in, use Concentrate. Also use concentrate in last 10 whatever the score :)

I've fiddled around with the striker role and found that poacher works quite well. They don't score many but it disrupts the defence a lot.

GREAT RESULTS. I don't understand the last tweak post 4241 ??

GREAT RESULTS. I don't understand the last tweak post 4241 ??

I trained the RPM to a PPM of Play Simple passes = I trained the Roaming Play Maker (RPM in the formation aka Defensive Midfielder) to a Player Preferred Move of Plays Simple Passes.

Does that help?
smile.gif

Can you post this please? Apologies if already posted.sneaky FM fix while at work....

Results:

BLOEnrM.png

GDQ0haL.png

3gsdlDo.png

Hvpoq1x.png

u58DYDI.png

p2Tiu5y.png

1cDvDDg.png

Winning every competition I enter for the last 3 seasons now. Thank you for these tactics, definitely my most enjoyable FM game!

View attachment 741377

Wow thats pretty impressive going. I notice your in a similar season to me. What players have you bought since you started it out of interest m8? .
I went youngsters (18-23) with high work rate, stamina and determination.

Its tough finding good players with those stats AND technical skills and a lot of times when you are newly promoted, people arent so interested as they think you will get relegated 1st season.

I might have gotten lucky, but didnt have a great deal of difficulty buying skilled youngsters when i was flying high in the championship. Especially if they play in lesser rated leagues like Argentina or Romania, they bite your hand off to sign.

As soon as i got promoted, i only needed a couple of players.

I look forward to seeing how my season pans out now, i think i might start aiming higher than mid table first season. Perhaps with some good results, europa cup might be on the cards \o/

I can do, but all the changes are in my posts :)
If you dont mind that would be great. I'm at work till late and that would allow me to start with your tactic as soon as possible when I finish without having to track down the posts in question. If it's a problem I can look through later

hi Christian would like to test new 433(three strikers) when will be ready?

If you dont mind that would be great. I'm at work till late and that would allow me to start with your tactic as soon as possible when I finish without having to track down the posts in question. If it's a problem I can look through later

I've put in an extra couple of tweaks like removing run at defence again.

Last edited:
Using V19

I have tweaked thus:

The two central mids: I have removed dribble often and risky passes. The first I removed because it was compressing the defence in front of me too much, meaning a crowded box and pinball football. The second I removed because they were being too wasteful and I was getting caught on the break more than was comfortable. I do change it back if the defence is particularly shaky.

I have changed the wingers both to IF and have added Stay Wider.

I have made the RPM a lot more sensible with his passing.

Finally, I have great success in using Counter as a mentality as it decompresses the opposition team and allows gaps to open up, however I still do v well with Control.

I should have also said my IF are set to support. This way I hope they cross more than run at the defence, thereby further reducing compression.

Also the CM are actually set to dribble less, as well.

I trained the RPM to a PPM of Play Simple passes.

These are Tony's tweaks for you fella

Copy and paste ftw

I've put in an extra couple of tweaks like removing run at defence again. I'll save it and upload.

In fm2014 i used to find that worked great against teams who play a DM infront of the back four, is that when remove it m8 or do u just do it from the start?

Did ask earlier, but dunno if u saw it. Which players have you bought for Swansea so far Tony? I'm just curious what your team looks like is all

Last edited:
Did ask earlier, but dunno if u saw it. Which players have you bought for Swansea so far Tony? I'm just curious what your team looks like is all

GK Simone Scuffet
DR Mattia De Sciglio
DCR Calum Chambers
DCL Balanta
DL Jonathan Silva
DM William Carvalho
MCR Gil Remero
MCL Sigurdsson
AMR Julian Brandt
AML Memphis Depay
STC Munir

Also have

Jack Grealish
Youri Tielemans
Frederico Fernandez
Shelvey
Martin Odegaard
Gabriel Barbosa

I'm now exclusively buying regens. I think the team above will carry me for 5 years and I will train up the Regens using that team.

I'm thinking of doing a "You'll never win it with kids" save. Starting at the bottom and using the editor to transfer in all the good wonderkids and see how they turn out, using Christians tactic.

Dont think i'm likely to get half of those players on my budget tbh. Altho i did buy GG Romero for 3 mil which is a bargain tbh

GK Stekelenburg
DR Corchia
DCR Tiago Ilori (Loan)
DCL Mammana
DL Stafylidis
DM Lucas Romero
MCR GG Romero
MCL Humam Tariq (Loan)
AMR Andrija Zivkovic
AML Dorin Rotariu
F9 Cauley Woodrow

Bench Warmers

Josip Radosevic
Patrick Roberts
Emerson Hyndman
George Williams
Moussa Dembele

Not as star studded as your side but since swapping in v19 press with the tweaks you posted about 2 hours ago, ive managed to win 5/5 games. Next up....Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Newcastle.

Hopefully clearing out some deadwood when the transfer window opens to give me some better options from the bench. Only got 10 mil 2 spend tho :(

Back