ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

Have a go at Timo Werner.

Looks a very good player but tbh but i have Corentin Jean coming in January who can play F9/ RW and has slightly better Work Rate, Determination, Stamina.

I think if anything, i need another 2 people. 1 who can play RCD and 1 who can play LCM. I have 2 loanee's atm im rotating. I guess its probably sensible to just assess the situation when the window opens and see who is available.

Edit : Altho, that said, i have a 17 year old regen who shud be good in a few years which will hopefully solve the MCL spot.

Last edited:
can anyone suggest which tactic to use for liverpool.......
and any team line-up suggestions.
thanks in advance.

can anyone suggest which tactic to use for liverpool.......
and any team line-up suggestions.
thanks in advance.
Liverpool doesn't really hav ST so definitely not the 3Striker tac... Tho u can train some players as ST
I'd go for 41221 if i were you mate

If you look further up the page Tonyvilliers and i both posted the teams we use, mine aint great as im am Fulham 2nd season but he has some quality players in his. Tony linked his tweak on the previous page and also talked about using V19 press and drop and changed the player instructions. Personally i've had pretty good success with the tweaks to PI's at bottom of the page, bearing in mind im in my first season in the prem. Here are my last 10 matches using the tactic + PI's below(Starting away to QPR).

View attachment 313665

Only blips i had were @ home to Utd and Chelsea

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by TonyVilliers

Using V19

I have tweaked thus:

The two central mids: I have removed dribble often and risky passes. The first I removed because it was compressing the defence in front of me too much, meaning a crowded box and pinball football. The second I removed because they were being too wasteful and I was getting caught on the break more than was comfortable. I do change it back if the defence is particularly shaky.

I have changed the wingers both to IF and have added Stay Wider.

I have made the RPM a lot more sensible with his passing.

Finally, I have great success in using Counter as a mentality as it decompresses the opposition team and allows gaps to open up, however I still do v well with Control.

I should have also said my IF are set to support. This way I hope they cross more than run at the defence, thereby further reducing compression.

Also the CM are actually set to dribble less, as well.

I trained the RPM to a PPM of Play Simple passes.

Last edited:
In response to that, AllanT, I'm trying to work this out, but it seems that the CE tactic is very leaky to Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool and Everton.

All teams play a very direct (at least in my save) style of football, so I imagine the answer lies in dropping the D line quite a bit and frustrating them. Maybe setting the to CM to a defend/support duty and the RPM to an out and out DM might do the trick.

If Christian could jump in and give his thoughts, that'd be great :D

As I will keep you updated about what I am doing..

I am working on an improved version of the wingers tactic. So no three strikers anymore as I was creating one that looked really similar to the one from Mr Hough and there are a lot of 3 strikers version now.

Same formation, some different roles for midfield, some very new team instructions and some new player instructions. I am currently testing it with Leicester City.

Attacking, very fluid. Predicted 19th!

View attachment 313664
Good start, far from fluid..

View attachment 313663

I think I will publish it in some hours, if there aren't any upcoming problems..

Last edited:
In response to that, AllanT, I'm trying to work this out, but it seems that the CE tactic is very leaky to Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool and Everton.

All teams play a very direct (at least in my save) style of football, so I imagine the answer lies in dropping the D line quite a bit and frustrating them. Maybe setting the to CM to a defend/support duty and the RPM to an out and out DM might do the trick.

If Christian could jump in and give his thoughts, that'd be great :D
I'm in.. :D

Well.. the solution is to frustrate them by using a much higher defensive line (if you have good CD's with pace and positioning) or frustrating them by using a low D-line in combination with counter, yes. And to close the gaps in the defence it is possible to play with two DM's instead of two CM's, i think. The tactic I am using now is with a much higher defensive line, with Leicester. I am just trying something! :)

I'm in.. :D

Well.. the solution is to frustrate them by using a much higher defensive line (if you have good CD's with pace and positioning) or frustrating them by using a low D-line in combination with counter, yes. And to close the gaps in the defence it is possible to play with two DM's instead of two CM's, i think. The tactic I am using now is with a much higher defensive line, with Leicester. I am just trying something! :)

Haha you replied as I did! Yeah I think dropping a CM might help but I notice that Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool stretch out the team.

I'll test your new version out this season, Chris and post up. Are you still using OIs as in the OP?

Last edited:
Well, if you have a look at the 10 games i played and linked, i had a run of 4 horrid ones in a row.

Man U and Chelsea at home, followed by away to Arsenal and Liverpool. Chelsea and man U, i didnt change the D-line till i was already 2 goals down but still managed to make the score more respectable in both occasions which both finished 2-3.

Against Arsenal was easy peasy. They play a similar style so just pop the tempo a bit higher and the quick passing beat them. But with Liverpool, i started off with a deeper D-line and was 2-0 within 10 mins, after that swapped to "close down much more" and ran out 3-0 winners in the end.

So i think a deeper d-line would work better just to frustrate them, if you sneak a 1-0 goal lead you could do that, altho i found Chelsea VERY difficult as they press loads.

I'll also give your new link a go but as things are going well atm and im sitting in 4th place, ill save giving it a try untill my Man city game and see how it fares against them :)

Edit: Scrap that, ill just see what happens vs Norwich

Eeeek, dominating the first half but I've conceded two goals from corners. Is there anything different about the corner set up?

Back